Chapel Video

• This is a chapel concept we did a few months back that I just recently made some improvements to (such as wind in the trees now). I've included still images below, but the video gives the best overview.

PS - There's a bonus clip if you watch till the end ;)

• That closing shot... Great work.

Thanks!

TowerPower , great work indeed! The video turned out fantastic too. :)

Appreciate it Demian, it's really a joy creating videos with Enscape, especially when using a space mouse for navigation, which gives you much more fine grained camera control. My one complaint (and this isn't necessarily specific to videos) is that preserving settings is still a bit of a mystery to me. The video editor allows you to store field of view, depth of field, and time of day, which is great, but when it comes to a host of other visual settings such as clouds, wind, bloom, etc, those presumably are stored elsewhere. I guess I just need to look into the newly revamped settings management in Enscape (perhaps creating scenes in Sketchup will do the trick).

But regardless, it's still frustrating to me (and seems counterinuitive) that when you open a Sketchup model you last worked on a couple months prior, Enscape doesn't automatically remember the visual settings you used then. Instead, it inherits them from whatever the latest copy of Enscape you had open was, even if it was with Revit or another piece of software. I'm sure there's still a way to save them, but it seems like the most obvious and user friendly way to do so would be for Enscape to automatically remember them anytime you save your model, rather than forcing you to do so manually. The manual save option is important too if you want to have multiple different scene setups for a single file, but it should be in addition to the automatic save option. It's common for me to have multiple copies of Enscape open simultaneously, and it's frustrating that settings don't get remembered automatically within each project.

• Thanks!

Appreciate it Demian, it's really a joy creating videos with Enscape, especially when using a space mouse for navigation, which gives you much more fine grained camera control. My one complaint (and this isn't necessarily specific to videos) is that preserving settings is still a bit of a mystery to me. The video editor allows you to store field of view, depth of field, and time of day, which is great, but when it comes to a host of other visual settings such as clouds, wind, bloom, etc, those presumably are stored elsewhere. I guess I just need to look into the newly revamped settings management in Enscape (perhaps creating scenes in Sketchup will do the trick).

But regardless, it's still frustrating to me (and seems counterinuitive) that when you open a Sketchup model you last worked on a couple months prior, Enscape doesn't automatically remember the visual settings you used then. Instead, it inherits them from whatever the latest copy of Enscape you had open was, even if it was with Revit or another piece of software. I'm sure there's still a way to save them, but it seems like the most obvious and user friendly way to do so would be for Enscape to automatically remember them anytime you save your model, rather than forcing you to do so manually. The manual save option is important too if you want to have multiple different scene setups for a single file, but it should be in addition to the automatic save option. It's common for me to have multiple copies of Enscape open simultaneously, and it's frustrating that settings don't get remembered automatically within each project.

Demian Gutberlet I think I've located the new settings functionality (link below). In general it makes a lot of sense, but I still feel like you shouldn't have to do anything other than save your model file for Enscape to rememember visual settings. Forcing people to go into the presets tab risks they'll forget to do so after making changes, or not even be aware of the presets tab in the first place, as I was. The general principle of software should be to do as much for the user as possible automatically, and then only require manual action when necessary. Unless there's a compelling reason not to save visual settings automatically for you, I don't see why this wouldn't be a default.

It's akin to if Sketchup were to revert to the basic visual style every time you reopened a model (or actually, in this case, whatever visual style you happened to have in the last Sketchup model opened). Is it possible to manually save scenes in Sketchup and remember style settings? Yes. But should that be necessary to prevent them from reverting to the look of some other random model you had open previously that bears no relationship at all to the one you're working on currently? Obviously not. In my mind, this is where Enscape still falls short.

https://enscape3d.com/communit…tings%20icon%20has,the%20

Edit: feel free to move these comments to the 'Enscape Settings' thread under Ideas and Requests - it's obviously a bit off topic here.