Oculus Quest 2

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Has there been an official comment on if the Quest 2 will be powerful enough to run Enscape models? No virtual desktop, link cable, etc. I imagine it won't be unless textures are removed, etc. Is there any chance that the Quest 2 will have the ability to run an altered Enscape model directly on it's hardware?

Aaron

• Has there been an official comment on if the Quest 2 will be powerful enough to run Enscape models? No virtual desktop, link cable, etc. I imagine it won't be unless textures are removed, etc. Is there any chance that the Quest 2 will have the ability to run an altered Enscape model directly on it's hardware?

Aaron

Wondering the same thing... Anyone?

• Official Post

Has there been an official comment on if the Quest 2 will be powerful enough to run Enscape models? No virtual desktop, link cable, etc. I imagine it won't be unless textures are removed, etc. Is there any chance that the Quest 2 will have the ability to run an altered Enscape model directly on it's hardware?

Aaron

Great question - at the moment though we haven't looked into the hardware itself, which doesn't mean that we won't be able to soon, to then figure out if it would be possible to provide standalones which would still provide a decent rendering quality. I'll post more here in case there'll be any news regarding this subject soon!

• What would be great at first, is to stream it from a pc, Vridge from rifcat already works with enscape on standard wifi. The oculus quest is basically a phone ( even have one screen to cover both eyes) so even the best flagship phone nowadays aren't able to render / display this level of realtime webgl without the whole baking thing, not yet at least, so streaming the experience would be ideal, this would be something to push for.

• Just wanted to add some ideas.

As a Gravity sketch user I came to the following idea.

Enscape does provide some webspace to store models to view in the browser and pano's and such. Now what if we were able to store a Draft or Medium rendering quality model on the server and load it up in the Quest (2) on a dedicated Enscape app?

This app could also be a platform for multi-user experiences? Now I know this may sounds a little bit to much Oculus Quest / Facebook bound, but other portable or similar products aren't really available right?

Enscape is already a big help in the design-process, but to be able to go portable (and multi-user) would be of great value to probably more users.

Gravity sketch provides this with their Landing pad, you can store and upload files from your PC and they will be immediately be available in the headset. Maybe offline storage would be recommended in case of no internet connection.

• New_learning , yes a bit of pain, I only tried it once, but VD ( I also had to reload the patch from sidequest 2 or 3 times, need to make sure that VD has additional options in settings) seems to want to you go through the vive port, I had to try to go back to the desktop and click inside the enscape window, I will try again. Regarding wifi, this was done on the most random wifi router from our internet provider. I will try to record via OQ2

• gautier,

we have been trying this and hit a road block OQ2 with VD, and Side load, Wifi5. how did you get if to go from large 2d screen in VD to fully encompassing 360 vr?

I was playing around with this last night. Opening it up through virtual desktop (wireless w/ sideload) somehow kicks it through to my Steam VR install. It was fairly seamless, and it works well---but the controls are a bit off. I also couldn't close it without closing down virtual desktop. Definitely buggy, but it works somehow.

EDIT: This was from running off of an .exe of the Enscape model. I have not tried this directly in an active Enscape Revit model.

Aaron

In my opinion it would not be possible unless we are talking about very basic models.

Enscape requires a video card which on its own is bigger than the size of the Quest internals, and which burns 100+ watts to run. That little chip on Quest 2 is amazing for its size and power per watt, but still miles behind what a fairly powerful desktop can deliver.

• In my opinion it would not be possible unless we are talking about very basic models.

Enscape requires a video card which on its own is bigger than the size of the Quest internals, and which burns 100+ watts to run. That little chip on Quest 2 is amazing for its size and power per watt, but still miles behind what a fairly powerful desktop can deliver.

Personally, I would be OK with a bare bones model. No shadows, no textures, etc.. Just a way to bring it on to the job site, clients' offices, etc. If it's not possible, then so be it.

• I'm sure it's possible - other companies such as the Wild already support the Quest, but with very basic graphics (think Draft mode in Enscape) and a fairly limited model (polygon) size. The Quest 2 is much more powerful than the first, so I'm sure the supported size of models will go up significantly now.

• The only other software I've tried that allows the revit model to be viewed directly on the Oculus headset is IrisVR. Simple models worked well. A large model with MEP, structural, etc was woefully slow. Enscape would need to find a way to dumb down the model and viz settings so that there wasn't any lag. I'm curious to see if they can do it.

• sorry, I meant to check in sooner.

Zoom, one thing is I was thinking the Desktop is hosting the model and the graphics card, the heavy hitter stuff. the Wifi is the wireless 'port' to the quest2, the quest2 would just be the receiver for image and transmitter of position/tilt. this would allow hefty models (in theory). I have Not tried it yet as the quest2 is a friends. I need to borrow it to try to get it running.-- so aaronnordstrom how does it perform?

• sorry, I meant to check in sooner.

Zoom, one thing is I was thinking the Desktop is hosting the model and the graphics card, the heavy hitter stuff. the Wifi is the wireless 'port' to the quest2, the quest2 would just be the receiver for image and transmitter of position/tilt. this would allow hefty models (in theory). I have Not tried it yet as the quest2 is a friends. I need to borrow it to try to get it running.-- so aaronnordstrom how does it perform?

My setup for streaming using Virtual Desktop to my Quest 2 seems to be pretty solid, so Enscape performs well wirelessly, but that is 100% dependent on my PC hardware, not the software or the headset. We just purchased a license for Prospect by IrisVR, having our models hosted completely on a Quest 2. I found that I need to hide most of the furniture, etc---but I've seen the quest 2 easily handle an entire Revit building---just not via Enscape (yet).