Oculus Quest 2

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I agree. Do you have tried Spatial.io.? You can upload Revit models to a collaborative environment, a personal room for share with colleagues in a full immersive way, post notes, talk with attendants, etc. It has limited format files, but it is more than a promise. There are more choices as The Wild, Resolve, VRex.... but are certainly very expensive...

• I think one important thing I'm learning as I experiment with architectural apps on the Quest 2 (The Wild, Propsect, etc) is that that biggest benefit we get from these is the ability to meet with multiple people in a virtual environment. As much as I would like to see Enscape models in the quest, I don't know how much of a use-case there would be if multiple users can't be in it at the same time. I would not expect Enscape to develop around multiple users---it does not seem like the direction they would want to take the app.

For me, the only bright side of the poor quality models of the Quest 2 is the ability to meet in them and coordinate with multiple users. I wonder how many individuals would put up with the sub-par graphics for very long if there wasn't a definite benefit to it. Maybe experiencing the space in VR---no matter what the quality---is benefit enough for some users, but I think most would prefer to view a high-quality model on their desktops and not bother with a headset.

• Official Post

I think one important thing I'm learning as I experiment with architectural apps on the Quest 2 (The Wild, Propsect, etc) is that that biggest benefit we get from these is the ability to meet with multiple people in a virtual environment. As much as I would like to see Enscape models in the quest, I don't know how much of a use-case there would be if multiple users can't be in it at the same time. I would not expect Enscape to develop around multiple users---it does not seem like the direction they would want to take the app.

For me, the only bright side of the poor quality models of the Quest 2 is the ability to meet in them and coordinate with multiple users. I wonder how many individuals would put up with the sub-par graphics for very long if there wasn't a definite benefit to it. Maybe experiencing the space in VR---no matter what the quality---is benefit enough for some users, but I think most would prefer to view a high-quality model on their desktops and not bother with a headset.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Multiplayer VR is on our agenda and it's a quite demanded request - no exact release I could specify yet, but I'll forward your feedback in general as well.

• Enscape is pretty much engrained into our company right now, from start to finish we are designing with Enscape in mind. Now the next level for us as a company is to integrate VR meetings into our process. It would be insane if Enscape had a "Start Server" button and other Enscape users could join in the same model. Literally we don't need any features, just the ability to see the other person and talk to them is an incredibly useful collaborative tool. We haven't been able to find anything that offers this ease of functionality. Iris VR is too expensive, Sentio VR & VR Sketch don't load large enough models and don't look great. This feature would put Enscape on a whole other level . . . in my opinion.

• Great question - at the moment though we haven't looked into the hardware itself, which doesn't mean that we won't be able to soon, to then figure out if it would be possible to provide standalones which would still provide a decent rendering quality. I'll post more here in case there'll be any news regarding this subject soon!

Some time passed since your last reply. Any more insights?

• Official Post

Some time passed since your last reply. Any more insights?

Nothing really concrete for now but, even though the Quest 2 is a fantastic achievement in terms of hardware performance in a compact mobile device, it would still not be sufficient for Enscape standalone for that matter, not without some form of pre-baking or such we'd have to implement, that or the projects would have to stay on the smaller - medium-sized level. The steps in performance will pretty much be exponential though when it comes to going from the Quest 2 to the Quest 3 and so on, so eventually we may very well provide our own standalone files, but as said, nothing concrete planned yet.

• Nothing really concrete for now but, even though the Quest 2 is a fantastic achievement in terms of hardware performance in a compact mobile device, it would still not be sufficient for Enscape standalone for that matter, not without some form of pre-baking or such we'd have to implement, that or the projects would have to stay on the smaller - medium-sized level. The steps in performance will pretty much be exponential though when it comes to going from the Quest 2 to the Quest 3 and so on, so eventually we may very well provide our own standalone files, but as said, nothing concrete planned yet.

So if you are not planning to use the Quest 2 for gaming, it has no use at all to go for the biggest internal capacity? Or do you still recommend the 256Gb in favour of the 64Gb in terms of performance?

• Official Post

So if you are not planning to use the Quest 2 for gaming, it has no use at all to go for the biggest internal capacity? Or do you still recommend the 256Gb in favour of the 64Gb in terms of performance?

If you really do not plan to install many/any apps on the Quest 2 then the extra space might be not necessary at all. It depends on your preference, but in the end, you would save 100$ for going with the cheaper version, although for just 100$ more you then also get 4x space. Overall, if one would just stream content into the quest wirelessly or through a link cable then the 64GB version would be sufficient.

• I´ve noticed that in the latest versions of Enscape (now using V 3.1.0 preview 3- 42370 ) my Quest 2 doesn´t work anymore. In the render window on my PC (I use Revit 2021) everything is fine, the image responds to the movements of the helmet , but in the Quest 2 itself no image is displayed (black screen)

I ´ve had to downgrade to a previous preview version (3.0.0.preview 7.+38933) to make it work again. Is this normal?

• Official Post

This issue should now be fully resolved with our latest preview. Give it a try and let me know in case you still run into any odd behaviour. pepperman16 , Jorgensen .

• Yes - it's working - it is simply so cool to walk around in VR inside a project we are designing - I'm really going to push us to use to much more - and I think that the wireless Quest 2, could be the tool to make it happen - it's just so cool.

Happy Jorgensen

• Official Post

Happy to hear all those new reports - thanks for sharing.

• The premium ultra stage will be to deliver APKs to customers directly from Enscape across Facebook App Lab, having some kind of hosted apps as we have when uploading a Web executable.

By now my workflow is to do this using Unreal Engine Datasmith, Dataprep recipes, and mapping Materials, Revit elements and family types to customized assets of my own, many of them actors blueprint based.

I know that the main difficulty is to maintain at least 60 fps to avoid motion sickness, but I would like to give it a try, as my projects aren't quite big.

• Hi All,

A friend of mine recently brought his Oculus Quest 2 round to have a go on (was a basic table tennis game but I was very impressed with the whole experience). We have the original HTC vive which works great; but the wires and base stations make it very cumbersome, which can be off-putting for clients.

How well does Enscape work with the Airlink feature? Are you able to achieve 60fps+ through it? Is it particularly laggy?