Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

comcasa

Dial up the Bump Strength to over 500 will enable Displacement instead of Bump. We're not sure if we'll keep it this way, however, maybe we can setup some kind of dedicated input.

That is no longer accurate the automation present in preview 3 no longer exists.

• It's awesome to import your own assets now! For things like Vehicles, where there are maybe tens of assets, all of the prior asset settings are not correlating to the asset creator when importing geometry as a .fbx. Is there a possible work around, where perhaps the material settings used on those assets can imported into the creator, versus having to manually go one-by-one and toggle a ton of separate settings? Even if the model is imported as an fbx, assuming the creator utilizes its own file type when saving it to the library, is it then compatible?

Or could a possible solution be like the proxies? I know that when say a sketchup model is saved as a component, and imported as a proxy, the settings on materials are kept. Is it possible to preload proxy paths into the Enscape Asset Library, create an option to use a sketchup thumbnail (or import your own thumbnail), and use it like a Palette so that what you need is immediately available and they can be placed much faster (in the same manner as the objects; albeit they will still be import in their proxy cubes).

One last thing, is is a possibility to add the precise value setting as just clicking on the number and editing it while highlighted? Such as in Photoshop, you can scale the value via a slider as well as just click the value directly and editing it in its own little window.

• Official Post

Hi,

I Think something is wrong with big values of displacement map.

Especially in animation

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This effect usually occurs when the brightness range of the displacement map is very low. If you increase the contrast, so that the whole range from black to white is covered, the highest point in displacement (white) will be on the surface level. For the upcoming Preview 5 this manual preprocessing will no longer be required, as we'll detect that automatically and fix it.

As mentioned above manual preprocessing of displacement maps should no longer be required with the next Preview release. Of course we'll also have a knowledge base article or blog post on the best practices regarding displacement mapping, once version 2.9 is officially released.

Seconded. Used Preview 3 to set up a TON of materials for the new Displacement mapping, now everything's gone. X/

Sorry to hear that, however we do clearly state that Preview releases should not be used in production - exactly due to reasons like this. They're a work in progress and therefore subject to change. Please keep that in mind :) We even explicitly mentioned in the Preview 3 release notes, that the material editor integration of displacement maps is only temporary. ;)

So how does Revit user make use of displacement map in Preview 4 with "generic material shader"?

The automatic displacement maps in Revit will make a return in a later Preview version. When replacing the temporary workaround we had in Preview 3 the Revit code was not adjusted accordingly yet for the Preview 4.

• We even explicitly mentioned in the Preview 3 release notes, that the material editor integration of displacement maps is only temporary.

This is the place for feedback on experimental functionality, yes? That temporary integration was a great method, and I think it should be kept in some form, as it is a really simple way to get a quick effect.

Are you going to fix what is broken though? I lost my Enscape material color adjustments from materials made in previous stable versions.

• It's awesome to import your own assets now! For things like Vehicles, where there are maybe tens of assets, all of the prior asset settings are not correlating to the asset creator when importing geometry as a .fbx. Is there a possible work around, where perhaps the material settings used on those assets can imported into the creator, versus having to manually go one-by-one and toggle a ton of separate settings? Even if the model is imported as an fbx, assuming the creator utilizes its own file type when saving it to the library, is it then compatible?

Or could a possible solution be like the proxies? I know that when say a sketchup model is saved as a component, and imported as a proxy, the settings on materials are kept. Is it possible to preload proxy paths into the Enscape Asset Library, create an option to use a sketchup thumbnail (or import your own thumbnail), and use it like a Palette so that what you need is immediately available and they can be placed much faster (in the same manner as the objects; albeit they will still be import in their proxy cubes).

One last thing, is is a possibility to add the precise value setting as just clicking on the number and editing it while highlighted? Such as in Photoshop, you can scale the value via a slider as well as just click the value directly and editing it in its own little window.

By rightclicking a material, you can export and import material packages.

There are two ways to add the precise value.

1. You can select a slider and type in a value directly. Once you start entering numbers, an input field will appear.

2. You can click on the three dots next to the slider and select "Set Value"

I hope this will help to improve your workflow.

• By rightclicking a material, you can export and import material packages.

Hey Hana, could you explain a bit more what a "material package" is. How is it different from a "material"? For example, can a material package contain multiple materials? (I would test it out, but I don't have the latest preview installed because I'm working on a project that uses 2.7.2 still).

• Hey Hana, could you explain a bit more what a "material package" is. How is it different from a "material"? For example, can a material package contain multiple materials? (I would test it out, but I don't have the latest preview installed because I'm working on a project that uses 2.7.2 still).

Hi Pieter,

the export format is .matpkg. Right now you have to rightclick each material of an asset seperately to export or import one .matpkg.

• Out of curiosity, why is it not called "export material" and "import material" instead of "export material package"/"import load material package"?

• I have made a video with Enscape 2.9 preview 4

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hello, I would like to ask why when I right-click on the material list, the material import and export option does not appear?

21422-pasted-from-clipboard-png

• Out of curiosity, why is it not called "export material" and "import material" instead of "export material package"/"import load material package"?

The format also includes all texture-files that were used for the material.

Hello, I would like to ask why when I right-click on the material list, the material import and export option does not appear?

21422-pasted-from-clipboard-png

Which preview are you using?
    Please note, that the export and import function is only available for the material editor inside the asset editor.

• The format also includes all texture-files that were used for the material.

Which preview are you using?
    Please note, that the export and import function is only available for the material editor inside the asset editor.

This is a very nice feature. Can we use this feature in the texture editor? Could you please suggest it for us

• I have made a video with Enscape 2.9 preview 4

External Content youtu.be

Wait!!!
    How have you animated lights and car?