Adding images to glass

• Hello,

I am having difficulty getting images to show properly on glass. In the material editor update, the transparency toggles the texture/image with the glass and it is really hard to control. Does anyone have any insight into how to achieve the correct results? I have attached an example of the effect I am trying to achieve. Thanks!

• Thank you! I looked through that post, and it seems too Revit specific to apply to Vectorworks (for example you can not apply a material to different faces of an object in VW). If anyone has had luck in Vectorworks, please let me know! :)

• cdorfi

Changed the title of the thread from “Adding images and texture to glass” to “Adding images to glass”.
  • Hello,

I am having difficulty getting images to show properly on glass. In the material editor update, the transparency toggles the texture/image with the glass and it is really hard to control. Does anyone have any insight into how to achieve the correct results? I have attached an example of the effect I am trying to achieve. Thanks!

To transfer an image onto glass, fix adhesive packing tape to the image you'd like to transfer. Soak the image and tape in warm water, then remove the paper and stick the image onto a glass object. Alternately, you can use a gel transfer medium to move the image directly on to a glass surface.