Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Render a video with no lights on , render another with the 1st set on, another with the 1st and 2nd set on, another with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd set etc. Then using your video editor overlay the videos and trim them so that you see the 1st video then the 2nd, then the 3rd etc.

• Render a video with no lights on , render another with the 1st set on, another with the 1st and 2nd set on, another with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd set etc. Then using your video editor overlay the videos and trim them so that you see the 1st video then the 2nd, then the 3rd etc.

you're completely right.

• Well if i knew Displacements would be disabled for Revit in this one, i would have kept the 2.9+3, guess i should read before downloading ^^ Is there anyway to get back the 2.9+3 version?

Constituée d’une équipe de 25 personnes, HOBO se développe dans l'esprit d'un COLLECTIF PLURIDISCIPLINAIRE d'architectes, urbanistes, ingénieurs, infographistes 3D, data-managers, et directeurs de travaux. Par le cumul de compétences, la collaboration ouverte, la recherche d’amélioration constante des outils, méthodes et partenariats, HOBO propose une démarche globale visant la MAITRISE DE L’OEUVRE.

http://hobo.fr/

• I don't know if I'm the only person having this issue but when I try to open up the asset editor in sketch-up in offline mode, no matter the model, my Sketch-up crashes. is this a known issue?

Edit: I re-downloaded the library and it seems to have worked this time but I'm still cautious about it working this time around.

• Official Post

Right before the preview, we had to remove the displacement mapping workaround for Revit. We are not sure yet if we will be able to provide it without adding our own material editor.

Good news:

We managed to include the workaround that Kaj mentioned in the final 2.9 release (increasing the bump amount to >500 in generic materials).

• Official Post

Well if i knew Displacements would be disabled for Revit in this one, i would have kept the 2.9+3, guess i should read before downloading ^^ Is there anyway to get back the 2.9+3 version?

Sent you a DM with a link to previous versions of our preview.

• Here's the Release Notes for the latest Enscape v2.9 Preview - Version 5.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

What’s included

- New Features:

• Vectorworks
      Export progress bar, video texture support, and View creation have been added to Vectorworks version.
    • User Account Licenses
      Login with your account, navigate to User Management option form the top right menu.

The following page will allow you to add a users email address and send out an invitation to join using the Add New and Invite buttons, upon which an email containing a link is sent out to the user to allow them to complete registration. They will then appear in the list as shown here below, where the license can be administered to the user by pressing the key icon, which will show the available licenses you may want to administer to that user.

Each user is listed under their associated email along with the number of allocated licenses, and the status of the user. You can delete users via the trash can icon. This is a command to delete the user, so the user will receive an initial email warning that the account will be deleted in 14 days. If the user doesn't cancel the deletion in the following 14 days, they will receive an email informing them their account has now been deleted.

Once the user is added to the list and a license is assigned, they can then log in to the associated account via the Enscape General Settings -> Licensing option by clicking on User Account (Login), and the License details will appear in the License Details section and Enscape will be unlocked for that user.

- Improvements:

• Custom Asset Library Improvements and Known Limitations
      We have improved our import capabilities again, covering more of the .gtlf, .obj and .fbx standards. The following limitations still persist:
      • Model files that are placed under file paths with Unicode characters won't work due to an issue in our conversion library
      • PBR materials in fbx files are unsupported

NOTE: These two limitations will remain in effect for the final 2.9 release.

We also currently have an issue where certain materials result in the model not showing up at all in the Custom Asset Editor Preview viewport or in Enscape itself. This will be fixed for the final 2.9 release.

• Screen space reflection quality
      Screen space reflection are now more precise, capturing finer detail and appearing sharper.

- Known Issues:

• Certain textures applied as Type 'Bump maps' will result in the texture flickering in the Enscape viewport when changing its Amount value in the Material Editor.

- Notable Bugfixes:

• Pre-processing of displacement maps - FIXED
    • Texture flickering when adjusting the Displacement map Amount slider - FIXED
    • Broken image rendering when Restmode is disabled - FIXED

A more extensive list of bugfixes can be found attached below.

• Do you have a bit more info on how the new licensing system works? Does it work as the floating licenses before, where if you don't have Enscape running you don't take up a seat?

• I know people on the forum have been asking for the ability to remove users, but for our purposes the existing licensing system works fine. Will it be an option to keep the current licensing setup? This seems like added friction. Really don't want to have each user having to make an account.

• This seems like added friction. Really don't want to have each user having to make an account.

Agree with this. Asking people to make account to use enscape sounds very unnecessary, almost Adobe level...

Rather, what would be nice is for the admin to 'retreive' a specific license from being used. There are times when people go on lunches forgetting to close enscape. Through the admin webpage, I can see who is using it (via pc ID), but I don't necessairly want to touch their computer when they are not around or close the enscape window as some models take forever to load enscape.

It would be nice for admin to 'return license' from specific user from enscape admin webpage.

• Official Post

I can't tell from the description---do we have the ability to use displacement mapping again in Revit? This was turned off in preview 4.

Aaron

It'll come back in the next preview and the final release (Only generic materials with grayscale textures and bump amaount >= 500) sorry for the confusion

• Official Post

Regarding the User Account and licensing questions:

Nothing changes about the behavior that we had in previous releases. And using an account is optional, not mandatory.

It is just the first step for more administration functionalities as well as export management capabilities that we will add in future.

• I'm curious if you guys had a look at the previously saved materials.

Seems like the last preview version (2.9+4) couldn't correctly load the parameters (additional textures and slider settings in general) of materials created with a previous version.

I've done TONS and I wouldn't want to re-make these :thumbsup:

• andybot - that's just for Revit as there is no Enscape Material Editor for Revit. For CAD's that have the Material Editor, there will be a new option under the Height Type texture slot, named Displacement map accompanied by a slider to adjust the Amount.

• andybot - that's just for Revit as there is no Enscape Material Editor for Revit. For CAD's that have the Material Editor, there will be a new option under the Height Type texture slot, named Displacement map accompanied by a slider to adjust the Amount.

Got it! It's working very well, thanks. The error in losing material color adjustments that showed up in preview 4 is gone now in preview 5. Really loving the custom asset generator/ library.

• I'm curious if you guys had a look at the previously saved materials.

Seems like the last preview version (2.9+4) couldn't correctly load the parameters (additional textures and slider settings in general) of materials created with a previous version.

I've done TONS and I wouldn't want to re-make these :thumbsup:

Seems to be fixed now in preview 5 :thumbsup:

• @some1new Have you got a .mov with a transparent background to work? Ive tried multiple different files in both .avi and .mov with zero success. I just get a pop up saying the file type is not supported.