Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • any news on batch rendering panoramas, or fixing the asset loading issue, or displacement, or better grass/carpet/fur etc

Those are minor improvements, that we try to do apart from those high-level stuff shown on the agenda. But we can't guarantee a point of time right now.

• Those are minor improvements, that we try to do apart from those high-level stuff shown on the agenda. But we can't guarantee a point of time right now.

Thomas, if they are "Minor improvements" why have we been waiting so long for them to be fixed or updated, from my point of view these are major workflow issues that need to be fixed/resolved. in particular the asset loading & batch rendering panoramas, Please,please fix these ASAP

• I don't know what the "hangs Revit" bug is, but we have been having problems with Sketchup freezing up then crashing all together with 2.8 release. Demian originally told me two weeks for the patch, which would put the release out this Thursday (8-13).

Here is his original message from 7-30-2020:

"I'm afraid, this looks like an issue we've recently discovered and fixed today. A fix will be contained in an upcoming version very soon, there is I'm afraid no workaround available at least with the current version of 2.8 just yet."

"I cannot give you an exact release date yet for that update, but it should not take longer than a couple of weeks tops."

Hopefully it is released soon as we really need this resolved.

• Thomas, if they are "Minor improvements" why have we been waiting so long for them to be fixed or updated

From your point of view, this "minor improvement" might be the most urgent one. For other users however (and Enscape has hundred thousands of them), other minor improvments are the most urgent one. That's why we can't implement all minor things simultanously & immediately, but we're investing and trying hard to become faster and better.

• Thomas,

why not provide a list of "minor improvements" and have your community vote on what they see as important and what they want implemented first, like your old trello board

These minor improvements can have a major impact on all of our workflows, Batch rendering panoramas for example, my latest project had 27 panoramas and i had to sit and manually render one after the other taking several hours, If i had been able to batch render overnight, huge time saver and would make me much more productive.

It really seems a no brainer and i can understand why its not implemented now

• why not provide a list of "minor improvements" and have your community vote on what they see as important and what they want implemented first, like your old trello board

We will try to come up with something like that, thanks! We will also check how and if we can add the batch-panos.

• Here are the Release Notes for Enscape 2.8.1 - Hotfix!

To upgrade:

• Open the Enscape "About" window and click the Download Area link

For detailed questions and issues, feel free to write us at support@enscape3d.com or use this thread.

Changes in Version 2.8.1

New Features:

Support for ArchiCAD24

Bugfixes:

The main bug that was fixed was the 'OUT OF MEMORY' errors that users were experiencing in version 2.8 for projects that had previously worked.

There were also some other bugs fixed and these are listed in the .pdf attached below.

As always, if you have further inquiries regarding any of these bugs, please refer to their ID when getting in contact with our Support Agents.

Known Issues

The following bugs are seen as 'Known Issues' and will be addressed during the 2.9 Preview cycle:

• BIM 360 Synchronization

Revit versions other than Revit 2021 can freeze when synchronizing a BIM 360 project (see the workarounds listed here in the meantime)

• Material Editor in ArchiCAD24

ArchiCAD24 could crash when editing a material in the Enscape Material Editor

If you experience any other issues with Enscape, please use the Enscape Feedback button to report the issue directly to us.

• I've sent a feedback to Enscape through Revit 2019 but my Enscape is stuck at 5% loading and is not showing me anything. It just freezes at the loading window. I recently downloaded the 2.8.1 version. I have the student license for Enscape and student license for Revit as well since I'm in school.

• Official Post

I've sent a feedback to Enscape through Revit 2019 but my Enscape is stuck at 5% loading and is not showing me anything. It just freezes at the loading window. I recently downloaded the 2.8.1 version. I have the student license for Enscape and student license for Revit as well since I'm in school.

Thanks a lot. Feel free to also send me a DM with your e-mail used to submit the feedback then I'll have a look at it asap. :) Otherwise it should also only take up to one day until you receive a reply from us with a solution to this problem.

How can I send a private/direct message to someone?

• Here's the Release Notes for the latest Enscape v2.9 Preview - Version 4.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

What’s included

- New Features:

• Displacement Maps
      Displacement maps are now fully supported by the Enscape Material Editor. To apply a displacement map to any material please select the material and set the "Type" within the "Height" section of the Materials Editor dialog to Displacement. Displacement maps are incompatible with transparent materials so the entire "Transparency" section becomes unavailable where a displacement map has been applied (including mask textures).

NOTE: brightness of displacement maps cannot be further adjusted or inverted.

Revit users - unfortunately, no Displacement mapping available in Revit.

• Self-Shadowing of Normal/Displacement Mapped Materials
      We've added normal based self-shadowing of material surfaces. This feature further improves the depth perception of materials, especially where displacement maps are applied. The feature is active only for sun light when Rendering Quality is set to "High". If Rendering Quality is set to "Ultra" then artificial lights will also cast normal based shadows.
    • Video Textures
      Support for video textures is now available in the Enscape Material Editor whereby a video can be assigned to the Albedo texture slot. The following formats are currently supported: .mp4, .mpg, .m2v, .3gp, .avi, .mov, and .mk.

When assigning a video to the Albedo texture slot, associated transparency-related material settings become unavailable, although applying a mask texture still remains possible. The adjustment or inversion of the brightness setting normally available for still images is unavailable for video textures.
      Video textures can also be assigned in Revit via a workaround. Just add the following formatted text to the Revit Material Editor's Description field of the material that you want to use a video texture with: [video:<path>|<X>|<Y>|<rotation>]

Where:
      • <video> = the absolute path to the video file
      • <X> and <Y> = a multiplier outlining the texture scaling (X * width, Y * height)
      • <rotation> = the desired texture rotation (0 - 360)

Example: [video:C:\test\vid_texture.mp4|0.5|1|90]

Video placed into the Albedo slot will loop continuously in Enscape, so please take into account that certain features like Video Export or Batch Rendering of screenshots might not lead to the exact same final output when using this feature. To switch this playback looping on / off use the "Restmode" checkbox which you can find available in the "Performance" section of the "General Settings" dialog.

IMPORTANT: Not all of the codecs are working correctly in this preview version and you may experience some stuttering during playback of certain video file formats. We're still working on improving that.

• Custom Asset Library Batch Import
      You can now create several assets at the same time via a batch import feature that has been added to the Asset Library.
      To do this click the batch import icon at the bottom of the "creation tile" or in the footer section of the library. You can then select several 3d model files which are then continuously imported. The name of the file will be used as the asset name and a thumbnail showing the asset from a front view will be automatically generated. You can then adjust the assets further as usual.

NOTE: this feature is largely aimed at file formats that embed the entire geometry and material information in one single file, like the .fbx format. Importing several .gtlf or .obj might prove cumbersome due to material files that are usually placed next to the source file. We might make adjustments to this feature in future releases to make the batch import of these file formats more convenient.

• Offline Asset Library
      You can now download the Enscape assets for offline use. Check the "Offline Enscape Assets" checkbox in the "Enscape Assets" section of the asset library and select a target directory. You are then prompted to either download the current version of all available Enscape assets or use the contents of the specified directory (in case one of your colleagues already downloaded the library to a network share). You will not be able to access the newest additions to the asset library while working in 'Offline' mode. To revert to using the assets hosted by our servers, simply uncheck the 'Offline Enscape Assets' checkbox.

- Improvements:

• Custom Asset Library (IMPORTANT)
      We improved the handling of transformations and different geometry configurations vastly in this preview release.
      Most models should now be displayed and sized correctly and are usable as placeholder geometry within the CADs.
      Please note though that using high poly placeholders will lead to a bad CAD performance.

IMPORTANT: The changes made to improve the geometry support might lead to sizing issues for assets created with previous previews when re-edited. Please make sure to check the size of your assets when changing them.

Furthermore, you can now choose which axis should determine the orientation of your asset (up axis). To rotate models exported with a different orientation than Enscape.
    • Batch Rendering Performance
      We largely improved the performance of the batch rendering feature, overall decreasing the amount of time needed per batch rendering.

- Known Issues

• SketchUp becomes unusable when Restmode is set to 'Off' (unchecked)
    • WebStandalone: Trunk of Tree Asset with unwanted animation
    • No 'Confirmation Email' after submitting Feedback Form
    • Displacement Map will break the Material in ArchICAD and Vectorworks
    • Web Standalone Exports appear broken when using a 4k*8k Skybox
    • Vectorworks will crash when switching to another project after linking a View to a Setting Preset

- Notable Bugfixes:

• Flickering of emissive geometry in some Sketchup and Rhino projects - FIXED
    • A number of OUT OF MEMORY issues (Error codes 5 & 10) when rendering high resolution images, especially on older NVIDIA hardware have been fixed. This was caused by graphic card driver timeouts when performing path trace computations. - FIXED

A more extensive list of Bugfixes is contained in the attached .pdf document below.

• Official Post

comcasa

Dial up the Bump Strength to over 500 will enable Displacement instead of Bump. We're not sure if we'll keep it this way, however, maybe we can setup some kind of dedicated input.

• Video textures can also be assigned in Revit via a workaround. Just add the following formatted text to the Revit Material Editor's Description field of the material that you want to use a video texture with: [video:<path>|<X>|<Y>|<rotation>]

Where:
    • <video> = the absolute path to the video file
    • <X> and <Y> = a multiplier outlining the texture scaling (X * width, Y * height)
    • <rotation> = the desired texture rotation (0 - 360)

Example: [video:C:\test\vid_texture.mp4|0.5|1|90]

I would like to suggest a slightly different implementation for Revit. When placing a video, you are likely going to place it on a screen, a tv, billboard etc. In Revit, that's a lot easier to do with a decal than with a material (decals were designed for that specific usecase).

There is no description field for decals, but you could perhaps do it like this: add a video.jpg as the decal image (so revit will accept it), but Enscape checks for decals whether a video.mp4 might exist in that same path. If it does, it's rendered as a video.