Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Just updated to the newest version and Rhino keeps crashing. Had almost no problems with the old version or at least i have to think really hard to remember when it crashed.

I think the biggest problem is if i change my modell in rhino and keep enscape open. But like i said didn't have a problem with the last version.

• Here's the Release Notes for the latest Enscape v3.0 Preview - Version 3.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

What’s included:

- New Features:

• Cancel Option for Export and Adjusted Progress Bars
      The different export operations (not including .exe standalone files) now explicitly include a 'Cancel' option in the progress bar dialog allowing the user to interrupt the export.

Additionally, any Enscape operation that is blocking the CAD window is now explicitly stipulated via an indicator dialog.

• Safe Frame Toggle
      The Safe Frame checkbox has been removed from the Visual Settings dialog and can now be toggled explicitly on / off via a toggle button in the new UI toolbar that is embedded in the Enscape viewport. When activated the viewport is adjusted to show the actual Resolution / Aspect Ratio to be applied to the image / video you are about to export.

• Visual Settings Presets Overhaul
      The Presets handling for the Visual Settings has been overhauled to allow quicker and easier access to your visual presets. A small arrow symbol located to the left hand side of the Visual Settings dialog will allow you to expand the Presets area :

Click the arrow again to collapse the Presets area.

You can now switch Presets by selecting a list item on the left and then edit it on the right. Any changes made to a Preset are always and immediately saved to the currently open project. At present, your active visual settings are not available but we will recover them and store them into the "Custom Preset" item in the future. The "Custom Preset" item is created automatically for you and set as the active preset in this Enscape Preview version.

You can create a new Preset via the special creation item at the top of the list.

Or, via the 'Create Preset' button located at the bottom of the dialog

Presets can also be renamed, duplicated, saved to disk, reset, and deleted via a context menu, opened by right clicking on a Presets item.

You can also import any preset exported from this preview version or any older Enscape version by clicking on the 'Import' button at the top of the new Presets section.

- Improvements:

Rendering:

• Physics refactoring - reduced CPU load while in WalkMode

Changes Included from Enscape v2.9.1:

• SketchUp 2021 support
    • Rhino 7 support
    • Rhino: Visual Setting Presets not being available for linking - FIXED
    • Revit: Displacement Mapping - Amount mapping adjusted

- Known Issues:

• Video Editor UI Under Construction

Due to the UI overhaul the Enscape Video Editor UI is currently unavailable. Video paths can still be loaded / saved via the legacy Enscape toolbar's Load / Save Video Path buttons. However, you won't be able to edit the video paths' keyframes in the current preview version.

- Bug Fixes:

There are no notable bug fixes in this Preview version but, as always, a full list of Bug Fixes is contained in the attached document. Please refer to the bugs associated ID number when contacting Support in regards to any of the bugs listed there.

• Official Post

Just updated to the newest version and Rhino keeps crashing. Had almost no problems with the old version or at least i have to think really hard to remember when it crashed.

I think the biggest problem is if i change my modell in rhino and keep enscape open. But like i said didn't have a problem with the last version.

We'd also require a feedback report then:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

Afterward, we'll be able to troubleshoot the cause of this problem accordingly. Thank you in advance!

• I don't want to sound rude and admire the work of changing the UI. But I wonder, are there any functions, other than UI, planned for a big release like 3.0? Hoping for more animation of some sort or other much requested features by the community.

• I don't want to sound rude and admire the work of changing the UI. But I wonder, are there any functions, other than UI, planned for a big release like 3.0? Hoping for more animation of some sort or other much requested features by the community.

The current roadmap only includes UI and quality of life changes. Hopefully they can expand on it with the major 3,0 release.

• Love the safeframe changes and the option to cancel.

I'm not totally onboard yet with the preset changes. I guess it's better than before, but I fear it doesn't address the biggest downside of the previous implementation: it wasn't discoverable. Many users simply had no idea the preset feature even existed. Now, with that tiny arrow at the left, I fear we will have the same problem. I anticipate many users in my team will have to be shown it, instead of it being obvious and self-explanatory.

I think a dropdown at the top would have been way more clear. A dropdown can still contain a spotlight search and buttons (see the dropdown with the view list in the Enscape for Revit ribbon).

It's a shame that no mockups were shared for feedback. I imagine my feedback is way to late to act upon (which, from a programming perspective, I 100% understand).

• Just a comment on this preview, I wanted to import a .json for the previous version, and it gave me this error, this is not a big problem for me ( we can grab the presets configuration on each file and then update the .json file for the newest version) but if this is going to be the case on every new version we might have a big problem.

In addition to Pieter comment, the team responsible for the UI is testing with actual users these iterations and changes to the UI? How is the process? IMHO this type of effort needs a proper group of users taking tests regarding the interaction between the user and the software.

My wife is an experience and research designer/strategist, so we have constant conversations about interactions on the services and software I use, I think you are in the right moment as a mature company with a strong v 3.0 in the way, to have a deep analysis, and maybe you need to make a heuristic evaluation about the process and mental models for your global user.

I'm a strong advocate of Enscape in my process and with my colleagues, I'm sure it will be keeping better and better, thank you to all the team!

• Hi! Nice update!

At the moment, the presets saved in previous versions are not displayed in the preset list of the current enscape version.

is there a way you guys can fix this release with a patch which can actually load the presets saved in the same file in a previous Enscape version?

• Nice to see the developement in the UI! I dont want to repeat myself.... but let me just repeat myself ;)

I want to keep the visual Settings button in the menu so that I can still conditional visual Settings without turning on render"

I agree! We often work on models that takes 5-10 minutes to load into enscape. If everything goes into the enscape window, it will take ages to do stuff! What if enscape keeps crashing on startup, and i want to reduce the render quality or turn RTX off (something we often have to do)?

my suggestion would be to be able to start the enscape window WITHOUT starting the whole export process. Instead have a big "play" button or something in the empty enscape window that lets you export the scene when you are ready.

But other than that, it looks promising! i really like the new graphics. it looks much more mature and professional. What about the video editor? it seems counter intuitive that i still have to press a button in the old menu (or know the shortcut) in order to start it. shouldn't it be in the enscape window as well?"

This is still one of the BIGGEST issues with the new interface. Please make sure you have a solution for this before the final release, otherwise the software will be very difficult to use with more ambitious projects. When Enscape takes up to 15 minutes to start up (if it starts at all...) it will be extremely difficult to make minor tweaks to the settings. And we often have to close Enscape down while we work, simply because it is way too heavy to run when working on the model.
    we need to be able to do stuff without having the render window running! We use Enscape for massive projects like airports, hospitals and large commercial buildings, and with the new release everything is just too cumbersome.

• hi team,i downloaded this enscape 3.0 preview for revit, im liking this new UI but i have found myself unable to edit a video, it just opens a white sidebar on the left, the help button aswell it just oppened a white sidebar.

@Pete Chamberlain has already mentioned this issue in this post..

"- Known Issues:

Due to the UI overhaul the Enscape Video Editor UI is currently unavailable. Video paths can still be loaded / saved via the legacy Enscape toolbar's Load / Save Video Path buttons. However, you won't be able to edit the video paths' keyframes in the current preview version."
  • @Pete Chamberlain has already mentioned this issue in this post..

"- Known Issues:

Due to the UI overhaul the Enscape Video Editor UI is currently unavailable. Video paths can still be loaded / saved via the legacy Enscape toolbar's Load / Save Video Path buttons. However, you won't be able to edit the video paths' keyframes in the current preview version."

oh i see, ok, lets wait for the full version then, thanks!