Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I think batch panos are much more critical than fiddling with the UI.

That depends on your workflow though. If you use panormas a lot, I'm sure it's very important to you. We rarely use them, so for us it's not critical at all.

Regardless of our different workflows, we all use the UI, so I don't think it's crazy that they are spending some time on it (although we may have different opinions on what's a good UI :) )

• I might be mistaken, but I didn't find a lot of feature requests about UI changes from the community. I did find a lot of other backed requests, from what 'batchmode' is one of. Ofcourse the team can have their own views about what is the right feature to focus on.

And to add, what makes me a bit unhappy is to see that someone like Herbo, makes a good statement on the UI changes, later he repeats himself in this very thread. Then Joachim Hirsch asks if 'we all' can explain what Herbo already mentioned twice, and after his third statement about this case, there is no answer at all.

Let's hope the team is just to busy with development instead of answering.

Don't get me wrong, I really love enscape and try to make a good business out of it, but I also want to express my displeasure respectfully.

• That depends on your workflow though. If you use panormas a lot, I'm sure it's very important to you. We rarely use them, so for us it's not critical at all.

Regardless of our different workflows, we all use the UI, so I don't think it's crazy that they are spending some time on it (although we may have different opinions on what's a good UI :) )

Can you elaborate on any UI requests they are addressing? So far (from the outside looking in) the changes seem needless.

• Can you elaborate on any UI requests they are addressing? So far (from the outside looking in) the changes seem needless.

Addressing highly requested features is of course very important, but there should be room for developers to also put forward their vision on the product. Also, keep in mind that the people that request features on the forum tend to be power users who are only a small subset of the users out there.

My users (architect, not professional visualizers) have never been on this forum, yet they have been very enthusiastic about the UI changes in the last previews. They think it makes Enscape easier to use. I understand many of the power users here disagree so I hope the developers can find a way to address your concerns while also keeping all the things that make the new UI work well for my users :)

Edit: for what it's worth, I think Herbo's proposal of not launching Enscape rendered automatically while opening the enscape window is a great compromise.

• I hear you, and I do understand a typically user is heavily influenced by the usability of the UI. I'm just very frustrated that the batch pano has been pushed off, since it is very time-consuming to individually render panos, especially when you have an entire apartment building to do. (One of the few time-consuming functions of this amazing real-time software.)

• This is just my observation, but the last nine replies on this thread are looking very similar to the debate that went on in the MP4 topic thread.

I am fairly new to this forum so I never got to see the Trello website, but if it was anything similar to the one Skatter uses the advantage it gives is the ability show users the goals the team wants to reach after the next release. It seems to be very frustrating when there are multiple posts on a featured topic and next release doesn't address any of them (even if the team has made notes of them internally). it is 100% the power of the Enscape team to do what they wish with their program. It has to be a tough debate internally to stay competitive with other rendering engines, as well as keep their current user base happy, and also improve the software based on what is physically possible within their softwares constraints.

I for one welcome the new UI changes, as long as some functionality stays in the CAD program itself. The changes are looking much more up to date and modern compared to what they use to be in 2.9 and I see no issue with that. I'm interested to know if the forum update Demian Gutberlet hinted at in other threads is still in progress?

• what is exactly your video card ? /brand name , number /

• well it points to power loose to me , what PSU are you use for your pc ?

for me i have x399 platform with amd threadripper 1920x cpu , 32 gb of ram and nvidia 1080ti /yes i got new amd rx 6800 too /

with two monitors and when i saving even FHD image res my powermeter from the wall peak around 450 watts but i have 750 watt seasonic PSU .

enscape can dig much performance from GPU in expenses of power , mine is from gigabyte and i can hear that coils squeaking ... /its normal /

or your MoBo have some power limit or power protection /maybe/ adjusted in bios ...

• Thumbs UP on the Threadripper and 6800 (I'm thinking about a 5950x and 3090 along with 128Gigs ram and 4TB gen4 stuffs... but if problems with crashes continue with Enscape, I rather wait a bit on that purchase... or switch to Blender for a while and pause using Enscape while the issues are resolved... (but if tariffs make everything go up... yikes... can't win...)

[EDIT] Esncape3D runs fine while orbiting and navigating files, and using the Xbox controller to move about models in the Enscape Window, adding lights, Enscape Objects, and everything else. It only crashes when rendering when not using the FHD preset. for those of you coming into this post...[/endEdit]

On to the issue:

Yeah, I thought similar about power limits, but the Furmark stress test runs for several minutes no problems... whereas Enscape3D shows the progress bar after pressing the render button, then before it starts moving or fills up a little, bam!! Instant crashes (it takes seconds to crash from the time I click on render/export, not minutes)... so, not sure lack of power being the problem. If the forum thread I had posted here in Enscape3D forums is still available we could reference that... Just in case it is not, I am attaching the screenshots from Furmak before I did a fresh windows install back in December 2nd 2020 (and removed extra SSDs and one HD to reduce power consumption to see if that was the problem). Of of the screenshots shows the 1080 reaching 85 degrees C and it is fine and no crashes even after running for several minutes... the crashes with Enscape3D happen at around 61C with no particular number being the lucky number (not consistent temperature that would indicate it being a deciding factor).

But to be more specific, I have the Lenovo Cube Y710 that came with the upgraded PSU from Lenovo and has supported the GTX 1080 no problems... and has supported everything I've thrown at it for about 3 years... even previous versions of Enscape3D rendering at 4K...

I did some heavy rendering these past few weeks with Blender using both Eevee and Cycles renderers at 7000x3000 pixels 128 samples and some renders with 256 samples, and also thrown in some compositing to top it off on more recent renders (and as I learn how to use blender more I keep adding more objects and blender features to the renders) and no problems there. no crashes or reboots... There was one exception: I found a 3D model of mineral stones that when orbiting it once or twice rebooted the PC... I later found out more about that particular 3D model that it was made with lots of subdivisions (got it from CGTrader.com and the author gave me more info on it after I asked about that file) but that file does crash my PC all the time... I can navigate that file mostly OK...

Enscape3D now crashes in the neighborhood of 95+ % of the time when using anything other than preset FHD...

The BIOS settings do not have power limits that I can tell (see forum post below referring to a freeze rather than a reboot with the setting changed), but most Mobos will do a thermal shutdown to prevent burnouts... as it is a very simple MOBO. Nothing fancy, text based interface (nothing like the fancy interfaces with mouse and high quality graphics).

Reference Post in Lenovo forums stated compatibility of the 1080 card that came with the PC... the 1080 card in my PC is the one that came with the PC from Lenovo and the PSU as well and it designated as a Gamin PC (for resource intense software):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/G…-p/4589581?page=1#4589581

People who upgraded their GTX 1080 cards to 2080 TI ones had to upgrade the PSU, but otherwise... I am not finding definitive information to 100% point at lack of power as I would also be experiencing more crashes and restarts if that were the case... I mean... I really get my money's worth with this PC... I edit large photos... decompress very large 10 or 20 GB 7zip files... open very complex files with 100k + objects in CorelDraw...

I also found this post (an other similar ones) on the Lenovo Forums for this particular Model:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/G…-p/3873113?page=1#3873113

The error reads, vaguely (not power alone being the issue, so, thank you, Microsoft for the specificity):

"This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

So, I tried and tried to push the power on this PC to help ascertain the lack of power being the issue... no luck... it runs stable... even after plugging in several USB devices that draw power directly from the mobo... but lo-and-behold... Enscape can make it crash and restart consistently... so why not other programs like Furmark that are designed to push the system to it's limits, I wonder???

Been trying other resource intensive programs to try and force my PC to crash to see if I can collect more data on this and the only other way I found so far to make my PC crash and restart was the combination of Blender and that one particular blender file with that subdivision-heavy crystal models in it that does not make it crash consistently... So that don't help me much to collect more data.

I have been trying to open several Chrome tabs, multiple programs, CorelDraw files, Affinity Designer files, Blender rendering running of 7000x3000 files, and watching YouTube videos all at the same time, running backups and Dropbox, and encryption, etc, etc, etc... videos don't skip a beat, no dropped frames... several minutes... can't... make it... crash... It is almost becoming a hobby now.... nope, not really ;-).

I've seen other posts here in the Enscape forums indicating crashes with version 2.9x... not restarts though. All said and done, this leads me to believe my case not to be entirely unique and only isolated to my PC hardware AND may not be entirely all Enscape3D... Not sure if it is a combination of multiple factors being aligned in such a way that the result is crash and restart...

I suspect a combination of latest Windows versions (something inside Windows with its now-gazillion components that changed) AND/OR Graphics Drivers AND/OR recent versions of Enscape3D. I did not have problems a seral months ago (like six or eight months ago or along those lines) with this same PC when I was using SketchUp Make (2017) and Enscape demo version 2x and a previous version of Windows rendering at 4K no problems...

Anyhow...

Specs:

Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz

32GB RAM

nVidia GefoForce GTX 1080

Samsung EVO 860 1TB

Windows 10 Home 64bit version 20H2

I really hope it's something dumb and simple that I overlooked... I could live with that... As long as Enscape can work crash-free.

I can wait and try and troubleshoot this more as 3D modeling is not my main gig and I don't have major projects pending and no people that depend on them for anything mission-critical. Though... I do want to get to the bottom if this as... cause, you know... this is not gonna beat me :-D.

Any help appreciated. It may also help other Enscapers...

=========

PSA: By the way, nVidia released new drivers to address security holes... upgrade as appropriate and not in the middle of projects that could break if upgrading the driver... Also, have a decent Antivirus that monitors programs all the time... not just on disk-write or only at launch... next-gen... next-gen.

• hmm i overlooked one big detail 1080 is with or without Ti ?

because thats means how many V ram you have , i have 11 gb of ram and i never reach V ram limit with enscape / twinmotion is oppossite site of story - crashing all the time /

so can you pls check how many V ram /or system ram / it takes to enscape load your scene ? maybe this is a problem but still i dont get that whole "blackout" of your pc .

last what my thoughts are , check your system ram for errors . i think windows it self got some ram test buildin .

• hmm i overlooked one big detail 1080 is with or without Ti ?

because thats means how many V ram you have , i have 11 gb of ram and i never reach V ram limit with enscape / twinmotion is oppossite site of story - crashing all the time /

so can you pls check how many V ram /or system ram / it takes to enscape load your scene ? maybe this is a problem but still i dont get that whole "blackout" of your pc .

last what my thoughts are , check your system ram for errors . i think windows it self got some ram test buildin .

Here is one of the files... about 1.28MB in size... other files, larger or smaller also cause the crash and reboot... I made that file from scratch and downloaded a component from the 3D Warehouse to eliminate the possibility of something corrupt on my system...

File Name: Enscape3D - 4K render test - Brand New SKP_Dec 4th 2020.zip

SHA-256: 3027A126FF62BDFB6A783674CF4D6CFB32CD69EDCE0927E19284A3D43E94805A

As for checking the RAM... could be... but why the errors are limited to SketchUp + Enscape and rarely Blender with a particular file?? Will check the RAM anyways, can't hurt...

• Currently SU 2021 (and tested also with SU 2020) Enscape v2.9.1+34079 and also tested with previous versions... 2.8.x...

Ran the Windows 10 RAM Diagnostic with its default settings... test returned no errors and completed... PC rebooted after completing the two passes, but it did not show results in the Event viewer...

"The Windows Memory Diagnostic scheduled the testing of the computer's memory to run immediately"

X/

Will try a dedicated tool like memtest to make sure I get a screen with results... brb... it's almost 4am now... will test RAM again when I am at least half awake.

• File in SU 2015 format...

Enscape3D - 4K render test - Brand New SKP_Dec 4th 2020_SU2015.zip

SHA-256: 60FC16FB843FBBBE7B02CCBEBD851E9054F1D2FCBA63503DE7B1266661689801

memtest completed after 6 hrs 51 minutes... 4 passes... no errors... RAM does not appear to be the problem.