Artificial Light Brightness slider does not affect Self Illuminated materials

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi,

I noticed that the "Artificial Light Brightness" slider in the Visual Settings does not affect the self-illuminated materials. I believe it should affect the materials since it is intended to compensate the artificial lights in situations with natural light.

Rhino 6

Enscape 2.9.0 preview 4+29791

Thanks

• Official Post

alexandrecollaco , this is by design. Only light sources themselves are affected - we also do not recommend using self-illuminated materials as the only lighting source in scenes, just so you know, in case you weren't aware already that is. In that regard simply dial up the intensity of the self illumination via the material editor.

• alexandrecollaco , this is by design. Only light sources themselves are affected - we also do not recommend using self-illuminated materials as the only lighting source in scenes, just so you know, in case you weren't aware already that is. In that regard simply dial up the intensity of the self illumination via the material editor.

Thanks for the answer.

I don't use the self illuminated to light the scene, they are used in light sources like light fixtures, light bulb filaments, television screens....

Sometimes some tweak of light intensity is needed in the scene, specially with scenes with interior and exterior, night/day. These are the occasions when the tweak of self illuminated materials would apply together with light sources. Otherwise It's needed to be done one by one, kind of time consuming.

• Official Post

I understand - thanks a lot, I will forward your feedback that you would like to have those self illuminated surfaces also be affected by the slider accordingly.