Maps go missing, having to check each material, what's going on?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I have noticed recently that when I open a project that I have not worked on for a week or so and go in to do another render, some if not all of the texture maps I have linked disappear.

These are materials that I have put together in sketchup with links to normal/bump and reflection and then saved sketchup material into my library that I have on my hard-drive.

If I relink the textures and open up the file, the texture will be there again. See attached some screen grabs, as you can see sometimes only one of the maps is missing but usually it's both, and sometimes none. Does Enscape have a function like V-ray where you can check that all maps are linked with the model? Or do I have to check each one each time?

Is this a known issue or is there something I am doing wrong.

Many Thanks

• Official Post

henrybenchmark , even if you do not open your project(s) in a while, the textures should still remain linked - only if you move them around on your machine they will have to be relinked again at the moment. There is, right now, no direct procedure to re-link all materials at once for example, so I recommend keeping the textures in one specific place on your hard drive.

Regarding the first problem, textures having to be relinked when you don't open the project for a while, please kindly also send in a feedback report:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

In the submission form, briefly copy paste what you wrote here in the forum for example for context purposes.

Finally, just to make sure, you are not moving around any texture files while not having the project(s) open for a period of time, correct?

• Hi Demian Gutberlet , I sent you an email the other day so hopefully you can respond to that but through i would hit you up in here as well. I am having issues and not sure on what you would recommend as correct workflow. I have create material libraries over the past year whilst working from home. These were created on a portable hardrive so only worked with my computer. I have now transfered these to the server which is located in the offce so the other can access and use. We have gone through each material and relinked the maps to each one (very time consuming). I am still working from home 4 out of 5 days a week. I have access to the server from home, but when I try to use the material which were relinked in the office, the maps are missing again.

What I need to know is how is a company meant to set up their material libraries so that multiple people in different location can work on models together. This is putting a big problem into our workflow and i'm sure there must be a solution, but i can't find one?

Please help