Web Standalone doesn't look like local version

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • I am just wondering if the Web standalone version should look like the version I am looking at on my computer, locally. I think that it should, but when I create a web version many of my material and lighting settings seem to disappear or change. Is this common?

• Official Post

I am just wondering if the Web standalone version should look like the version I am looking at on my computer, locally. I think that it should, but when I create a web version many of my material and lighting settings seem to disappear or change. Is this common?

Welcome to our forum. Is there a chance you could share the Web Standalone with, or give me more details regarding which materials/lights are disappearing? You can do this by either also sending in the project itself (I can gladly provide you with an upload link), or you'll simply send in a couple of screenshots - please also then show us the material editor itself, and which lights are not working.

• I can't send you the file that I was actually working on at the time, due to proprietary issues, but I can send you a test model that I have created that shows some of the differences. Reflections seems to be one big difference and so too does bump texturing.

In this example, you can see a big difference between the 2 floor tile looks:

Local Render:

Web Render:

I can also send the Sketchup file too, it is over 10mb though so I will need a upload link.

Attached are the local renders.

Here is the link to the web version: https://api2.enscape3d.com/v1/…49-4d18-a8d7-535d496f6d57

• Some further follow up on this topic. While materials are still rendering nowhere near what they are in my local model, I am noticing that reflections, too, aren't the same in the web version as in the local version. The reflections seems to be of the environment as opposed to the geometry. Mirrors, windows and other reflective surfaces in my models are reflecting the clouds and sky of the outside, instead of the interior of my model. Am I missing something? Is there a setting that I am missing that makes the web version the same as the local version?

• Current limitations of the Web Standalone Export are:

• Render Quality is equivalent of ‘Draft’ mode in Enscape Full version
    • Currently no fog or grass material is visible
    • Rendering of transparent materials is currently simplified
    • Currently, no support for Internet Explorer/Edge/Safari or iOS devices (iPhone, iPads)
    • Performance of larger projects may be of a lower quality than in the full version of Enscape
    • Enscape Settings are disabled
    • Favorite Views are disabled
    • Light View mode is disabled
    • Customization: Only Interface Overlay supported
    • Touch controls are currently very basic
    • A maximum file size of 500MB
    • No VR mode

https://enscape3d.com/communit…se/web-standalone-export/

• Thank you for the information. I thought that I was missing something in my settings. Now that I know the limitations of the Web standalone, I don't think that I will use it for anything more than clay model geometry approval. Sending a rendered model that looks nothing like what it is supposed to would serve no good. Jpegs will have to do, for now. And panoramas, if I can figure out what happens to them after you make them! Off to search the boards....

And panoramas, if I can figure out what happens to them after you make them!

After you take them you can go to to "Manage Uploads" (toolbar icon that looks like a globe, or from the menu: Extensions > Enscape > Manage Uploads)

From there you can upload them to "the cloud" (enscape servers) or download them (by clicking the 3 dots ...)