HTC Vive - Steam VR - Unresponsive

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hello,

When I try to run a standalone VR .exe file exported from Enscape with the VR goggle icon enabled I get the following error message:

(unresponsive) EnscapeClient.exe

The monitor shows the model and when you move the goggles around the view of the model changes as the goggles move. You can also see the controllers on the screen. However, when you look through the goggles all you can see is a loading screen.

Please see attached screen shot of the monitor. Any suggestions?

• Official Post

Hi steve-o & welcome to our forums!

if you can see the VR google's movement & controllers on screen it's usually a monitor setup/SteamVR issue. Sometimes it helps to just switch the HDMI socket of the Vive or reinstalling the graphics drivers. Or is it only Enscape standalones that don't work on this system? Does it work for the Enscape plugin or other VR applications?

• Thanks Clemens. Everything works well in the Steam VR environment and we are only having issues when we try to run Enscape VR as a standalone file or directly from Enscape.

We are using a flatscreen TV as a monitor and our computer only has one HDMI port which we are using for the Vive. We are using a NVIDIA 1080 TI GPU. I will try to reinstall the driver and see if it helps however the system is brand new and was built for VR.

Steve

• "We are using a flatscreen TV as a monitor and our computer only has one HDMI port which we are using for the Vive"

Are you using one of the display-port plugs on the 1080ti for the TV connection or are you using the Motherboards HDMI plug. If youre plugging into the Motherboards HDMI out it could be a driver conflict between the Integrated Graphics and the GPU.