video as material for media content screens

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • +1. This is a great idea. I actually do this in my animation plugin, Bongo for Rhino. Not only is this useful for screens, but it's useful for fire in a fireplace as well.

With that being said, I think two points are crucial here if this idea is implemented by the Enscape team:

1) we'd need the ability to apply the video to an emissive material, so in a darker area the screen would look correct

2) the material would need the ability to understand transparent alpha backgrounds, as the fire media generally has an transparent background. Like this example: Fire for Videos

• 1) we'd need the ability to apply the video to an emissive material, so in a darker area the screen would look correct

If this is the case, then it would be even better if the emissive light was linked to the animation; the flicker of a fire, the noise of a dead TV, the glow when a phone switches on... etc.