Pre-Animated Tree Import from Speed Tree

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I'd love the ability to import animated trees blowing in the wind from Speed Tree. The trees are very realistic and the speed tree program offers the ability to animate the trees in various ways -- the most useful for architecture are the trees blowing in the wind. You can even purchase pre-animated trees other users have made. In Speed Tree you can control how hard the wind is blowing, what direction, etc.

In any case, this would add a great level of emotion to Enscape Animations. Cloudy day with overcast clouds looking like its about to pour rain and the trees are really gusting in the wind . . . or a beautiful sunny day with a gentle breeze just barely making the leaves move. Huge impact in an animation.

Here's the speed tree website with the link to the SDK they offer (I'm pretty sure this might give you the info you need). I know you can export the animated trees into 3DMax and Blender, so maybe the SDK info isn't needed : Speed Tree

Also, here's a terrific animation showing Speed Tree animated trees in action, love the feel the trees blowing in the wind add (great shots of animated trees from 0:19 - 0:38) : Architectural Animation with Trees

Thanks,

Ryan

• That would be fine with me as well, as long as the quality was high, not only with the realism of the animation settings, but with the tree/vegetation models provided as well.

Realistic foliage is super important for a believable image. My only reason for mentioning using Speed Tree was that they have BOTH the quality and animation down perfectly. There's no need for Enscape to spend tons of time developing animation capabilities for vegetation in the sort term, just make it possible to import the files and animation data from a program like Speed Tree. My thinking is that would be far easier and thus more likely to be implemented than the time and resources it would take to develop those capabilities from scratch. But maybe I'm wrong! If the Enscape team wants to make animated vegetation possible I'M ALL FOR IT!!!! One less program to buy and keep up with is always nice!

• Don't get me wrong - SpeedTree is an amazing package that does what it does amazingly well. But unless I am an exterior garden designer it is just dressing to make the main object of my presentation look good - TBH I don't want the scenery to look better than (and/or distract from) my model.

• Hi Gadget, I totally understand where you are coming from.

When I'm sharing a new design with a client I've spent tons of time on, I typically feel the same way.

On the other hand, part of our business however, is helping other Architects show off their work with beautiful imagery and animations and we are often asked to provide images and animations in photorealistic detail with an emotional feel. More of a CG film if you will. If Enscape could provide import capabilities with a program like SpeedTree, then we'd have option to use the content whether we wanted to or not. Then it would meet both of our needs, as users could use it or not use it based on what they were doing.

• I'm i the renovations & home improvements field - nothing worse than creating the ideal layout and space for a client, then they complain about some minor dressing of the room. I've taken to shoving all that on a separate layer now; it's not economic when 80% of your time is spent arranging furniture rather than selling the room it's in. Similarly I tend to show interiors at night so that they can't be distracted by the garden (unless they have a fantastic view).

• I'm i the renovations & home improvements field - nothing worse than creating the ideal layout and space for a client, then they complain about some minor dressing of the room. I've taken to shoving all that on a separate layer now; it's not economic when 80% of your time is spent arranging furniture rather than selling the room it's in. Similarly I tend to show interiors at night so that they can't be distracted by the garden (unless they have a fantastic view).

I could not agree with you more!!! When we aren't doing Arch Vis, we are either designing corporate interiors or exhibits. We presented a new corporate interior a couple weeks ago -- , it had tons of custom designed one of kind elements in it, it was a beautiful design and the client was very happy -- except with the placement of some of the seating, which we then spent LOADS of time re-arranging again and again and again. And the kicker was that they weren't even sure if the seats we were re arranging were the ones they were definitely going to go with.

I'm hoping VR will help with this in the future, but I have yet to do a VR presentation. Maybe when clients can better get an idea for spacing between objects maybe some of this type of thing will be alleviated . . . but who knows!

• Hi Guys,

We are Architects and Australia and are really happy with Enscape, but the one issue we have is that there are no trees that look remotely like what we have here in Australia. If you are familiar with the Australian Landscape, you will know that having an Architectural Render with Oaks and Elms in an Australian setting quickly blows any credibility out of the water! I think ultimately the Speed Tree Plugin would be fantastic, but in the meantime can we get some Eucalyptus and Gum trees. Cheers

• We will introduce a proxy library in the next version where you will get a growing number of trees to place into your project. We will also incorporate different tree styles (like the Australian ones ;) )

• We will introduce a proxy library in the next version where you will get a growing number of trees to place into your project. We will also incorporate different tree styles (like the Australian ones ;) )

8) ... I wonder if it would be smart enough to look at the geo-location info from the model and prioritize plant style depending on the prevalent biome of that area?

• Actually i think this is more useful than it sounds on first sight, but still... probably not a short term story ;)

• I too would love native support for speedtree. A library with pre-defined models is well and fine, but being able to make/find your own content is even more important. and speedtree definately is one of the best solutions for vegetation at the moment.

• Please don't move in the content creating direction, and create useless pre-defined models.

I used Lumoin before Enscape, and it came with a big load of assests that, in my opion was, a big wast of money.

Old rusty dumpers, american trucks and a whole pile of usesless models.

In my opionen, enscape should enscape keep focus on creating the best tools, and let us create or buy the content from else where.

With Lumion I had to pay a tremendous amount of money on stuff i did not need.

Just my words.

Jorgensen

• I always felt the animated foliage in Lumion was cool but a little pointless, when I saw a video that made use of it, it was either too much (looked like a hurricane was moving through the scene) or too little (not noticeable unless you are a Lumion user).