Posts by mjvrbk

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

I would like to add a consideration to this.

We, an architect office 40 to 50 persons, are using Windows Terminal Sever (Citrix Virtual Desktop).

So graphic cards (NVIDIA Grid) are shared. This is working well with Revit, Sketchup, Adobe etc.

For rendering we are using Vray, which has the option of render in the Swarm. In fact a bunch of workstations which were not used anymore.

Those combined are a render farm and rendering from Sketchup or Revit is offloaded to those machines.

This way no CPU/GPU is used on the client side.

Now we want to add Enscape to our workflow. This is working with virtual shared GPU (kind off) but when exporting in hires high quality it could be using 100% GPU.
    In this case other users on the same Windows Server are stuck.

We started using Citrix about 5 years ago to be independent in workplace. Much to our likings.

Since Covid 90% of our office is working at home for almost 100% of the time.

And this is here to stay, more or less.

In my opinion Enscape should consider a way to offload the render process to a dedicated machine or even a bundle of machines.

Maybe a dedicated machine in an fysical office would be possible. But in virtual it is not.

What I see is more and more architects and engineers are moving to VDI.

In such a situation the choice of render software is very much based on being able to use it in VDI, by offloading.

Thanks.