Posts by WPA-PJ

Jonathan Knoefel I did try the workarounds but they didn't really give the effect I was looking for. I ran out of time trying settings, but the self-illuminating material behind the decal washed out the decal image too much. The self illuminating material with the image included didn't work very well for one because it kept rotating and I couldn't get it aligned, and the other was a video wall, so it was 35 monitors in an array and I really didn't have time to make that many position adjustments. I'll keep playing with it, but a self illuminating decal would really solve it quickly.

You just have to paste the youtube link. No embed code needed.

Thanks for the help, EarthMover!

Great video, love the lighting! :thumbup:

We've already been working on reducing some of the indirect light flickering that appears under some conditions in videos. The next Preview and of course also the upcoming next stable release have improved quite a lot in that regard. We'll also have a second look on surfaces with delicate cutouts that exhibit some unstable shading in the video.

Other good news is that we're also about to widen the range of our RPC 3D replacement trees. So the usage of 2D billboard trees will be less and less necessary - they just don't work that well in a video ;)

Thanks, Clemens. I'd be happy to share the model or materials with your team if they'd be of any help.

Great news on the trees!

We're really happy with Enscape so far and have enjoyed seeing it improve so quickly and consistently.

Here's a video of a glass studio expansion we're working on. We're quite happy with how easy setting up and exporting animations was. Still need to work out what was causing the flickering. We think it's related to the glossiness parameter in Revit materials, maybe an IoR issue? I've seen similar artifacts in VRay when there's a gap between perpendicular reflection and parallel reflection.

Modeled in Revit

Rendered in Enscape

Stills touched up with Photoshop

Stitched and edited in Premiere

I already sent some screenshots and a description in to Support, but wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. I'm using PNGs with transparency for textures, but find that they disappear occasionally, sometimes individually, sometimes en masse. When they disappear, the object appears like the default material. In the attached image, the two large vertical rectangles in the foreground were cutout people, then they weren't. After deleting and recreating the textures a couple of times, they eventually remained as textures. I eventually found them to be more stable when they were created from an existing texture, rather than having Default selected and then making a new material.