Posts by dvoshart

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

I have a similar problem (maybe the same problem)

Enscape sun position is correct in the realtime viewer when I have the sun panel open on Rhino but it is wrong (inverted north to south) on export to standalone version. Also time of day is all out of whack in VR. nighttime is daytime etc.

There might be a better way. Load the site into your project. Then render the site (minus building) as pano file. Then load panofile as skybox. This should be much lighter than loading miles of site context at all times.

I would have to render the pano with a different renderer because the Enscape pano export has similar* visibility issues.

*Interestingly, the clipping plane seems to be a forward projection clipping plane so I can see distant objects as long as they are in the camera's periphery.

This workaround doesn't seem to work.

I built a test scene with 1ft cubes and had someone follow me around with a tape measure in real life. Things weren't quite as bad as expected.

I learned that Oculus S always seems to want to float me 1-2 inches above the ground even after updating the guardian system. This probably accounts for most of the scale issues I've been experiencing. Something about my room wants to drift me upwards.

When spanning my arms lengthwise all the measurements of 3ft, 4ft, and 5ft registered about an inch small... but that doesn't seem bad and within measurement error.

I tried the bed-armspan-test in a test scene and scale seemed fine. I reloaded the old scene that made the bed seem small and everything seemed normal (which is odd and makes me doubt my own memory). I haven't updated any drivers (unless there was auto-update overnight)

I've notice world scale issues with with the Oculus S (HTC Vive seems fine). And my client keeps telling me things "seem small".

I check the IPD, floor height and user height and I experience the same thing. (I double-check the measurements in Rhino 3D)

My test: when I span my arms in Enscape the controllers seem the right distance away... but the objects seem small. For example, I shouldn't be able to span my arms for a 6'8" mattress but I can in Enscape. I don't have the same problem using the HTC Vive using Enscape.

Maybe it has to do with the virtual controller 3D representation being the Oculus Touch? I assume the Touch and Rift S controllers have the same reference point for the trigger.

Has anyone else been getting this feedback giving tours on the Oculus S?

Next steps: I'm going to create a test file with a bunch of objects with marked dimensions and have someone follow me around with a tape measure... I'll report back in a couple of days.