Posts by CML_ecraft

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

Are there any plans to implement EXE signing so that IT can whitelist Enscape created EXEs? This is the main issue we run into with EXEs. I can't even download your sample EXE without them getting flagged.

-Eric

Where are you on this issue? We ran into this today and costs us hours of time trying to get multiple people to be able to work and render on the same project with 3.0.2. We are working on a large project and can lose up to an hour or more of time having to Sync so people can use Enscape 3.0.

This is another item that will prevent us from recommending the role out of 3.0 to the larger user base at the company.

I am working with our IT team on the rollout of Enscape 2.9+ with the Custom Asset workflow. Due to the size of our company they are asking for an All Users location that the files can be placed so it doesn't have to be by user of the machine(s). The main reasons are one we don't want users to have to manually set it, and two end users should only have read access to Custom Assets as the assets will be maintained by a team.

Our systems are all windows based and it appears that the file reads from:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Enscape\Settings\settings.json

They would prefer something like below:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Enscape\Settings\settings.json

On the second point how can we remove the ability for users to edit assets and/or open the Asset Editor window?

Thanks,

-Eric

Oh yeah and another one.

• 3/4 view preset: Currently the default view is from the side. Having a 3/4 or ISO for the thumbnails would make it go much quicker and give consistent results across thumbnails. This would make visualization of size and variants much easier.
    • Ability to save a Custom preset view: Much like having a good view sometimes you may want another view as your default.

-Eric

Started working in Custom Asset Editor and I am excited that this is finally available. I have run into a few use cases that could greatly improve workflow.

• Duplicate Asset: When you need variants based on size or simple material assets you need to start over from scratch for each variant. By having this you can take process of creating variants down to seconds.
    • Asset Save As: Much like duplicate it would allow you to edit and save the edits as a new asset. Again saving a large amount of time when you are needing to produce a large amount of variants.
    • Import Material Package from Asset: Save the time of saving out assets and needing to find and import them.
    • Update Materials from Asset: Update all materials based on same named asset from another asset package.

Thanks,

-Eric

Demian,

What about the ability to host on our own servers? Like Sebastian posted this falls into NDA with clients and where we can host data of their projects.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated as we have projects that we want to use Web Standalone with, but "on the agenda" doesn't really help and may require us to investigate solutions other than Enscape. If there is anything available for testing or review I would be interested in discussing this more.

Thanks,

-Eric