Posts by Vincent

Is it possible to export my Rhino Enscape Materials and bring them into my project that is in SketchUp?

My office is trying to make a material library that we can use with both 3D modeling software

Personally I would love for google earth to be integrated into Enscape, but I know from a dev. perspective its very pricey to get a partnership with google to implement their software. I would much rather see Google earth in Enscape, but I know open street maps could be a placeholder until a deal can be worked out with google. Other similar rendering programs like eyecad have open street already integrated in their program so it can be done.

Just to be clear, we are talking about Google Earth Studio, not Google Earth. And I don't think the original poster wanted a partnership, but instead a file that exports the same moment, kind of like a translation from Escape path to Google Earth Studio paths since in the end, they are all just text files.

I may be wrong, but that's how I understood it (not saying it's any easier)

Using the short cut is great but often you forget to turn if off and Enscape is pushing to update something when I was just working in Revit. It would be great if it was the same button that just allowed you to switch into manual mode, where it only updates Escape where you press it.

+1 My request is, when this becomes possible for the mp4 to effect the lighting of the scene. ie, if the video is a strobe light flashing rapidly and the scene is a dark room, for the room to flash. Or if the video is candle lights flickering for it to actually effect the room a bit.

Concrete idea: instead no shadow for custom skyboxes there is a diameter option needed, per default it could be set for example at 1000m.

I think a diameter slider for the skybox is a good idea. I would hope it can grow to be larger than 1km though since we often make city large renderings

+1 This would be amazing for all architecture and our Urban Design Projects! Not sure if it will happen but would be extremely useful if it does.

I think if the movements were identical in Google Earth Studio and Enscape you would also need a video alpha layer (and video depth layer if you use depth of field) to drop the model into the scene.

I think the hardest part would be shadows. Does the Google Earth Studio model cast shadows onto the Escape Model or vice versa?

Hi Enscape,

It would be great if we could model a box around the area of the model that we either want to make off limits or make an area of focus. ie. if you are inside the boundary when Enscape Starts, you can't leave and if you were outside the boundary when enscape starts you can't get in.

I've accomplished this by using invisible walls, but this can be overcome just by going into fly mode.

Ideally it would be a boundary that can't be crosses even in fly mode. OR The ability to disable flying all together.

I found this shadow glitch in Enscape for Revit when walking through a model. Our whole project started flickering as we walk through the model.

I was able to recreate it in a new project with 2 walls and a floor and changing the time of day.

Also when I start to walk around the shadow flickers and moves around

The issue occurs in all Rendering Quality levels.

I haven't tested this in Sketchup or Rhino.

Hi Enscape Team,

First, I want to say thank you for creating the Asset Library. It's going to be very useful.

That being said I ran into a problem when I mirror Elements from the Asset Library in the Revit. I didn't experience this issue in Sketchup or Rhino.

I brought in various elements and mirrored them over the center axis. I did this a few times with slight differences orientations because.

I was getting inconsistent results this morning when I a was actually trying to mirror elements. I later started noticed that depending on the direction the element was facing before mirroring, it will glitch out in a slightly different way (or at-least that's what I think is happening).

On the left we have Revit and the right we have Enscape. The Mirror Axis line is down the center of the image, left side being the original and the right side being the mirrored elements.

Attempt 1 - (click spoiler to see image)

Gabriela is facing the same direction after being mirrored

Picture Frame Portrait is facing the same direction after being mirrored

Minotti Sofa appears to have been rotated 180 Degrees

Stacked Cupboard appears to have been rotated 180 Degrees

___

Attempt 2 - (click spoiler to see image)

Gabriela 1 and 3 are facing the same direction

Gabriela 2 and 4 appear to have been rotated 180 Degrees

___

Attempt 3 - (click spoiler to see image)

In this attempt I rotated each individual original Gabrielas 45 degree counter clock wise then mirrored them

It appears all elements that were facing left are still facing left and if they were facing right they are still facing right

BUT if they were facing down they are facing up and if they were facing up they are not facing down

Hope this helps identify and solve this bug