Posts by Hume

Hello,

Ok I tried it on mobile on Chrome and Samsung Internet. (Galaxy S8). Below is what it looks like on PC:

And this is how it looks like on mobile:

Sorry I tried to upload the pictures and link it directly but in preview it showed as blocked images. Ok and it still does not seem to work. What am I doing wrong regarding sharing images on here? To describe the problem, on PC it looks fine. On mobile the colours are not correct, and everything is very dark.

Hello,

I am trying to export a scene using the Export web standalone option. It said uploading for a while then I get the following error:

"An error occurred during the upload, please try again later."

Any ideas how to fix this?

Enscape version: 2.6.0+11215 (stable version)

Hello,

I have a request/ question. While Enscape works perfect for normal virtual reality done via computer, and it has the ability to take scenes out to be viewed on a phone in cardboard etc. Will it not be great if it could be possible to, let's say, have an invisible crosshair then when you point it to specific let's say circles on the ground, you get teleported there? That was it could be possible to navigate even through mobile.

Anyway, apart from that, does anyone here know of any app/ program that makes this possible? I know there has to be as it is possible to do it, but I'm not aware of what program makes this possible?

Thanks for any help!

Ok I can now confirm reverting back to release version solved this problem. Thanks for your help guys. GD3Design, I am on 2.5.3 (released 29 July). It works.

Thank Carl much appreciated, for in the meantime. I will update if I experience any more crashes also.

Update: So far so good on the release version. Use to crash easily in the first few moments. But not yet. Will again update later.

Hallo, thanks for the response! I sent feedback. It there a way to revert back to the release version? To test if it might be something to do with the preview? I am aware the preview versions are unstable, but I guess I like to take chances as no preview version in the past has given me any problems.

Hallo,

Recently Enscape started crashing. It never use to happen before. Even when exporting, that, too, crashes. It happens when you start Enscape, it works for a while, then crashes and that causes Enscape and SketchUp to exit. No error messages. I am using a preview version of Enscape though. Not sure if that might be the cause? Version: 2.6.0-preview2+8092

hmm, updated Enscape this morning, as well as all the drivers are up to date, but still not working for me.
    Small Asset objects work fine but all the trees and persons don´t ...

Dell Precision 7510

32GB Ram / Win10 Pro 64bit / Intel Xeon E3-1535M CPU / NVIDIA Quadro M2000M GP

Not sure if this helps, but that happens to me too sometimes, it's just the textures still busy exporting, even if the render loading box disappeared. If you wait a few seconds it will suddenly freeze for a moment and then everything looks fine. Normally this just happens to me in very busy/ big scenes though.

The assets looks as if they don't have any textures while working in Sketch up. Once you render, view port or in VR, the textures works correctly.

I have the exact same problem. And I have an important presentation coming up in a few days. This just started happening out of the blue.

Enscape version: 2.3.3.0 (not the latest preview version)

GPU: GTX 1080 Ti

Any similarities between us? Maybe it's something to do with Nvidea Drivers? This has to be fixed ASAP, I'll play around with settings to see if there is a workaround.

It's all dependend on the sketchup sun the default setting is sometime in december I think... just change it to summer, and geolocate the project somewhere near the equator, and you should be good

Oh, yes, that was it! Thanks for the help!

Change the sun position in Enscape. You can adjust the time of day, change the solar angle and the solar rotation

Yes, I already knew about that, but the sun just never wanted to go from above, but thanks for the help also!

Just another question, as I'm experimenting with different looks, is there any way to completely disable the shadows? I know it sounds like a stupid request/ question, as shadows immediately ground things and make things look more realistic/ believable, but I'd just like to know if such an option exists?

Thanks for the help!

Hello,

Is there any way to change the position of the sun in Enscape? For example having the sun shine from above? At the moment it kind of always look like it's either early morning or late afternoon. Might be a stupid question as I'm sure this ought to be a basic function?

Thanks for anyone's help!

Hi Clemens,

Thank you for the welcome and the reply!

Here is what I found so far: I did go to that link, and yes everything is set up as far as I can tell. I even made sure my GPU drivers are up to date now also.

I got the lag reduced by lowering the overall quality settings in Enscape to "draft" It looks kind of acceptable, but obviously not nearly as nice as it did on high. So in other words this has to do with my computer not being able to handle it? What would make this better then? Another GPU? Because I did not think the system requirements could be this extreme to be able to run on high (not ultra even). My scene at this moment is just a double story house, no furniture yet.

But this does indicate a performance issue. Could this have anything to do with my scene in SketchUp? Like how I set it up? Maybe there is something I miss? Like I should group everything together, or something? I know this is more of a SketchUp question to ask though.

I'm using two 4k monitors also, not sure if that has a performance impact on VR though?

Thank for helping so far!

I was using Enscape (via SketchUp) for VR using HTC Vive. Although I did observe some controller (mesh) lag, it was not too bad. I recently purchased Samsung HMD Odyssey, and while the head motion in Enscape is acceptable, the controllers lag a lot. So I would like some tips on how to reduce this lag. Just of note: this lag does not occur using any other VR applications. So I'd like to rule out controller connection/ latency issues.

Software: SketchUp Pro 8, Enscape 2.2.1 etc. (newest version, although it's expired trail at the moment - I am looking to purchase it as soon as I get this under control)

My Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i7 7800X

64 GB DDR4 Ram

Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

I can upload my SketchUp file if need be. I would really just like to know if there are any tips or tricks I'm missing that would improve the performance. Also, I am not sure if this is the right category. If not, feel free to move it somewhere applicable.

Thank you!