Posts by Jeppo03

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi all,

Just sent a DM to Demien, but the crux is that after having the graphical issue above on two separate PC's in the office the other day....trying it again today, it is fine. Even tested with different files with same file formats, and all seems fine. So very confusing.

Anyway, apologies to all.....

Quick example.

Actually think part of the issue is with the file format and object type (in this case good old Autodesk DWG format, '3D Solid') - when we explode the 3D Solids it changes the faces to 'Region's and when rendering, the issue seems to disappear....so far. Still investigating....

We utilise externally produced detailed 3d city survey files as part of our early feasibility and planning stages, and receive them in DWG format with buildings, roads etc being '3D solids'.

If nothing else, hoping this R&D time spent today may help other's out there.

I'll share further findings.

Wondering if AMD users have same issue. (not that it affects us)

We've been using Enscape for quite a few years now, and due to some early bugs a few years ago with enabling raytracing, we decided to turn it off for renders. However, we've since decided to try it again, but unfortunately now we are noticing this same graphical issue as above with what is possibly termed 'shadow acne'.

We're running the very latest Nvicia drivers as well as latest Enscape version.

Incidentally, it's the same issue if rendering through Twinmotion with raytracing enabled.

...as such, I would assume this is a global issue with Nvidia?

Hi all,

Appreciate that Enscape is not <insert VR headset>, but wondering if Enscape has produced some sort of document guide for setting up VR to work with Enscape?

Selfishly, our office just purchased a Quest 2, and am now looking to see what options are available for getting the user experience as easy as possible for everyone. Ideally, we would be looking to just take the VR headset to site, and then somehow either stream via a mobile app, or have 360 panoramic images loaded directly onto the headset, and then using QR codes on printed sheets spread around the building, so that the client can experience various vantage points.

We have successfully used this with the use of mobile phones, but now looking to advance this process further...

I'll obviously need to do a lot of testing beforehand, but to save time, thought I would ask here first. (and of course, I'm happy to share any findings / guides created here in case it is of use for others).

Hi Phil,

Have already tested that - just the fact that the file is open at the same time seems to be causing the issue. As Damien notes, it's seemingly a known issue and something we (somehow) need to manage. Strange that I could not find any others' with similar issue, as surely most work in a collaborative environment.

Makes it extremely difficult to manage that last push before a deadline, expecting multiple users to access the model, produce renders and help out. If it wasn't for the fact that there are always last minute changes required to the model during the render process, I had thought of creating separate files, just linking in the said Revit models, allowing each user to essentially have their own model to render from...but with the time it would take to constantly modify, then sync, then reload links, it may not be that time-savvy....

Hi,

All our Revit projects are set up as Central Files, as multiple users need to work in the same project at the same time, as I'm sure most others' on here are doing too.

When a user starts up Enscape and wants to change the Preset to another, it often comes up with a message preventing said user from doing this. This is obviously paramount as we all know that Enscape does not allow us to lock Presets. We have created a 'Anything Goes' Preset that should allow anyone to select that Preset and change any of the settings without affecting those that we do not want to change (the ideal would be for Enscape to allow us to lock these Presets - hint hint Enscape), but again, the message stops the user from changing the Preset to 'Anything Goes'.

The solution seems to be that all other users need to sync their model first, and once done, the Enscape user is then able to change the Preset. This is obviously a huge time waster (as each sync needs to be sequential, and can take many minutes each).

Is this a limitation of Revit or Enscape?

Appreciate your feedback.

As I'm sure you hear all the time, Enscape is a game changer, and is now fully integral to all our projects....and with that (for better or worse), come greater expectations from the software as we continually push its boundaries.

At least now I am fairly sure that it's not an issue with our model nor a setting we are missing - it's a management issue of said models and settings to help mitigate this issues.

Thanks again, Ilias.

Hi Ilias,

Thanks for adding comment.

Apologies for my lack of technical knowledge, but am I understanding correctly, that even if one was to increase RAM (PC)and VRAM(better spec GPU), this would not increase poly count visible in reflections? Appreciate our current GPU with 4GB of VRAM is not great...therefore I might test with my own 3080 with 10 or 12 GB VRAM (cant recall which it has)...

...and yes, some of our videos, have many km² modelled, albeit lower poly in background to help flythroughs with additional context.

Your other comment re RTX - does this mean that reflections will only work with RTX enabled? What would happen if it was disabled? Obviously I could test myself, but since I have your ear... ;).

Office PCs have RTX 4000's unfortunately, but will try and test with a 3080 which I have from home first.

,,,however, I would have thought that if the GPU was to run out of VRAM, that shouldnt stop Enscape from functioning properly, but essentially just be much slower, especially if trying to export a render...? So Enscape is saying that unless you have a 3080 at minimum, the software is unable to produce fully developed renders?

FYI - moving closer doesn't always resolve the issues unfortunately, even if simplifying the scene etc...

Hi all,

We're currently working on a project with extensive glazing to multiple buildings (utilising curtain walls), with some being in linked files.

It seems that the reflections fail in some instances as can be seen in the attached.

We've tried the latest Enscape version (3.4 and even all the way back to 2.8) without success.

It's a real problem as we are not able to produce usable renders without extensive photoshopping.

Attached Issue 1 example - the reflection should be showing another curtain wall matching the wall shown - instead it is 'missing' and one can only see the slab behind.

Attached Issue 2 example - may be difficult to interpret, but the timber wall (Curtain Wall) around the reflected build is not shown in the reflection, however the timber 'roof' (Structural Framing) is.....

Have tried various tricks to get around this even testing with default generic glass materials straight out of Revit and no change.

Is this some issue with curtain walls and reflections in Enscape??

As an office, we are currently using the workflow of exporting a preset every time, and then importing it again every time to ensure that it has not accidentally been changed. Not ideal.

We all await with baited breath, for this auto-save 'feature' to be removed.... As you suggest Demian, allowing users to choose is the ideal solution and would satisfy all users.

I'm in the same boat as Awais. We import high resolution survey files of isolated areas around our site (either surveyed data or purchased from VuCity), and therefore need to 'cut out' the Enscape Site Context for the overlapping area, which includes topography as well as buildings.

The inplementation of Site Context is excellent and a huge time saver (in particular loading up Enscape) and would be great to have a bit more control. For context modelling, we currently use a very large extent of our country modelled with low res buildings and topo (could very likely be the same source as what Site Context uses), however would be great if we could eliminate the use of another external linked Revit file....

Edit: just to add to this - is there a way that the buildings can be 'deeper' than just sitting on the top of the topo, so that they don't float? Maybe if at all possible make the bottom of the buildings say 5-10m deeper than required....

My first question to you is which version of Enscape are you using?

We had similar issues with certain projects consistently crashing AFTER updating to the latest version (3.1.0+51825) of Enscape. After reverting back to 3.1.0+45914, it was fine...