Posts by jumping_jack

Could you at least add an option for reflections in production renders for still images? I understand your point of view as a programmer and I understand the technical limitations. I also imagine that enscape started as a vr and walkthrough software, maybe for large scale projects where one mirror doesn't make a difference. From my point of view as a client, being a small interior design firm enscape is even more important form my workflow helping me save time and money than for a large corporate studio that can afford a graphician. In interior design a mirror is something that is almost always present, it's impossible to render a small bathroom with a mirror without notice bad reflections. Mirrors are present in almost all bars and clothing stores. Without reflections in mirrors in many cases I had to return to my old vray license to do my jobs while paying for enscape subscription. With an option for reflections in the mirrors just in the final render you would let the client decide and it would be up to him waiting longer render times or not. But at least you will give him a complete rendering product. How long would take a render with a large mirror? One hour? I could accept such render time if that would allow me to use only enscape for all my designs and would allow me to make realistic renders without zx spectrum graphics in the mirrors. The workarounds with flipped rooms and fake windows are time consuming in modelling making me personally involved instead waiting for a render to finish makes me free to do another tasks.

hello,
    i work on a workstation wiht double xeon and GTX 1080 TI 11gb in my office and the performance is terrific but i have to start a work off-site.

What laptop should i buy to run enscape. I have a hp i7 but enscape crashes after a while. I don't expect to have the same performance as in the office of course. I just need some previews.

Hello,
    I'm working on an interior and I have light leaks in a corridor that shuold be dark beacause there are no windows and all lights are turned off. I had the same issue with another corridor in a previous work but I solved it by adding an 30cm thick extra ceiling to all the appartment model. I guess it could be a lightmap issue but I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Generally I subdivide the walls and ceiling surfaces into smaller ones and I make them thick enough but this time I can't solve the problem. The strange thing is that this leaks appeared at some point, I made several wip shots and the light behavior in the corridor was correct. Do you have any suggestions?

[Blocked Image: http://i66.tinypic.com/2aex9ic.jpg]