Posts by SamSB

Hi,

We have a user working with Sketchup 2022 and Enscape 3.3.1. Randomly she'll be working on the Sketchup model and Enscape, and the PC will crash out completely and reboot. She submitted a feedback report and was told to update the graphics driver (AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100). That was already done prior to sending the feedback report and she responded as such, and was then told that Enscape wouldn't crash out the PC and it must be an issue with the hardware.

I've now replaced the PC for another one (same model, same graphics card model but a different machine and card) and made sure everything is up to date with drivers and software. She was working on it fine for a short while but then the same issue occurred so we're back to Square One.

Any suggestions or shall we submit another Feedback Report with the new PC?

Just an update - I tried to remove Enscape 3.0 from a machine where it was previously installed to see if the problem was machine specific, but when clicking on Uninstall I was greeted with the same error message "A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run" which made me think that maybe something had changed with our endpoint protection software. I disabled it on a test machine and sure enough, I could run the installer successfully as before.

So it looks like it's our endpoint protection software that has suddenly started blocking a specific DLL. I've raised a case with them to try and get it resolved. At least we know what the cause looks to be now.

Many thanks for your help

Hi,

Yes Windows is completely up to date with all updates. I'm using an Admin logon which has full permissions to all folders, but have checked the C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Local folder just in case and it has full permissions to it.

Any other suggestions? This is really a head-scratcher.

Bizarrely I can still install and uninstall 2.9.1 successfully, I'm not sure why 3.0 fails. I ran it again this morning with the switch to log and this is some of what it says:

=== Logging started: 18/03/2021 09:43:02 ===

Action 09:43:02: INSTALL.

Action start 09:43:02: INSTALL.

Action 09:43:02: SetPerMachineIfAlreadyInstalled.

Action start 09:43:02: SetPerMachineIfAlreadyInstalled.

CustomAction SetPerMachineIfAlreadyInstalled returned actual error code 1157 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Info 2898.For WixUI_Font_Normal textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 0 character set, of 13 pixels height.

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action SetPerMachineIfAlreadyInstalled, entry: SetPerMachineIfAlreadyInstalled, library: C:\Users\ADMINS~1.OMA\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI17B7.tmp

MSI (c) (D8:F0) [09:43:09:873]: Product: Enscape -- Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action SetPerMachineIfAlreadyInstalled, entry: SetPerMachineIfAlreadyInstalled, library: C:\Users\ADMINS~1.OMA\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI17B7.tmp

Action ended 09:43:09: SetPerMachineIfAlreadyInstalled. Return value 3.

Action 09:43:09: FatalError.

Action start 09:43:09: FatalError.

Info 2898.For WixUI_Font_Bigger textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 0 character set, of 19 pixels height.

Action 09:43:09: FatalError. Dialog created

Action ended 09:43:10: FatalError. Return value 2.

Action ended 09:43:10: INSTALL. Return value 3.

Property(C): UpgradeCode = {CD38131E-FA1C-4D75-8CAD-A66F1D17738F}

Hi Demian,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I checked that no other versions of Enscape are installed (the previous one was uninstalled on my first attempt to install 3.0) and rebooted the machine. However as soon as I run the installer, even after a reboot, the first error message comes up (There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package). It doesn't get to the stage of accepting the EULA.

Hi all,

I've just tried updating 2.9.1 to 3.0 on one of our machines (have already done it successfully on a few others) however for the first time I've come across this error:

Which is then followed with this:

It's a fairly recent rebuild of Windows 10, all latest updates are applied. It seems that the installer managed to uninstall 2.9.1 fine but is now unable to install 3.0.

Can I have some suggestions please on how to overcome this?

Many thanks