Posts by Pieter

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

I hoped the union of chaos und enscape would help enscape to develop faster...

I'm still confused why people thought at the time of the 'merger' that this was going to be a good thing for users.

I don't think Chaos is actively plotting against the success of Enscape. But merging two companies together creates a lot of friction. I'm not surprised at all that development has slowed down, and that there's no signs of things improving soon.

I am wondering if this is related to the latest nvidia drivers, given that this happening to many users at the same time on an enscape version that has been released for quite some time.

We had this happen to one user yesterday and rolled back the nvidia driver and now it seems to work fine.

you might be interested in our blog post & webinar on the topic:
    https://blog.enscape3d.com/enscape-nvidia-dlss-support

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Really interesting talk. You guys should do these types of technical talks more often :)

I've used the attached settings (make sure you export the textures) and used a generic model revit family ( you can load the obj direct to the revit project but then you can't assign a phase to it which for me is important).

Thanks for your settings. The program that I am using for .obj exporting is Blender. The exported .obj's match the standard definition for obj's. Would you mind shared the exported .obj and .mtl files (without the textures), so I can compare the data inside the files to the ones I'm running.

In my tests the UV mapping wasn't respected when importing .obj into Revit. Did you do anything special for this?

I don't have enough time to rebuild the entire site model and replace all of the assets in Revit manually. Is there any way to do this automatically. And if there is, can someone explain it very clearly step by step?

This is not possible at the moment I'm afraid.

You'd basically need program a custom rhino importer for Revit that transfers the enscape assets from Rhino to Revit families one by one, making sure to assign the right metadata. In theory it's possible, if you're into programming and have a lot of time on your hands :) I

This might be a Revit issue: if you tweak material properties in a family, and load that family into a project, Revit will first check if a material with the same name already exists in your project. If so, it will use the existing material in the project (and ignore any changes you made to the material in the family). Most of the time, that's a good thing, you wouldn't want to load in a family from a manufacturer, and have it override all your materials in your project.

Have you tried making edits to the materials in the project instead?

Following.

We use the meta quest 2 but I wasn't very happy about the user experience. I'd prefer a headset I could 100% drive from a computer at all times. The meta quest 2 tends to get disconnected from the computer, and the only way to reconnect it is to put it back on and jump through a bunch of menus. It's awkward.

IMO, in a client meeting, you should be able to drive everything from the computer, and at no point should you have to put it on to correct things. Anyone know if there are wireless headsets that work with Enscape that can deliver that?

Thanks Team for your response. its frustrating when you want to enhance your models with these additional assets such as those on Turbo Squid and CG trader. What do you all use to obtain external assets with the correct material mapping for enscape? Or what is your procedure for bringing in a asset which maybe hasnt had the correct mapping done?

We often need super specific pieces (typically furniture of a particular model and brand) so we need to source from different places. We get the most of our products on 3dsky because they tend to have the widest selection of brand furniture. Unfortunately, everyone can sell models on 3dsky so the quality isn't guaranteed. The models are typically prepared in 3ds max for use with vray or corona render. An .fbx or .obj will typically be included as well, but whether the materials are properly exported is another matter.

We prepare all our assets in Blender (a free and open source tool), so if materials are missing or broken, we fix it there.

To be fair Kaj Burival , I think you're ignoring the elephant in the room here :)

Enscape could have chosen to also support Revit PBR materials, but chose not to. There's nothing technical to stop you from doing so.

Or at the very least you could have finetuned the behavior in the Enscape material editor to make working with Revit PBR materials easier. For example, you could show non-generic materials (instead if just hiding them) and when selected say "non generic materials are not supported. Do you want to convert to a generic material"? and show a button to convert to generic (Revit has a built-in method for this you can call).

Now the workflow is really rough:

1) user goes in enscape material editor to edit a material

2) notices material is missing

3) the user needs to realize this is because of the wrong appearance schema (my experience is that most don't)

4) close enscape material editor

5) open revit material editor

6) locate material

7) convert to generic

8 ) close revit material editor

9) open enscape material editor

10) locate material (for the third time now)

11) make actual edits