Posts by dvsone1440

I would love it if you could have a way to just turn this on or off. Ie not "delete". When I am doing draft renderings I almost always want Logos on in case they get sent out.,. But when I do finals I typically put them in a package where I want the logo controlled by graphic software. So I am constantly deleting and or re-adding the same logo. it would be great if there was just a check box for active or inactive as well as delete and add, since 99% of the time I am not looking for a different logo.. just either want it active or not. Not a huge thing but would speed up workflow a bit.

I am like 4interiors I don't want to spend more time trying to get my computer working again as I have already spent lots of hours on this and have it working with the old driver. That said I do have another computer now that I can experiment on. I will try this but would also reiterate what 4 interiors said that it seems like this is something that Enscape should tackle asap. I am not sure why this is such a low priority as I find using this 3d mouse with Enscape makes the experience infinitely better.

fyi I was able to hack this to make it work based on some earlier threads. Using 10.5.15

I agree completely that Enscape should work with 3d Connexion to fix this however. If you use a 3d mouse with Enscape you will never go back. However it is more than frustrating that this cant get fixed for the latest drivers.

I feel like furniture choices are so personal that I almost always go find a skp model of it and I can then change it to my hearts content. I would argue enhancement of the tree / car / people libraries are far more important... as I they are not things that are typically in need of being specific to a project and constantly changing. In other words my clients typically want furniture that really looks like what is specified so I personally pretty much ignore the enscape furniture library as it is too generic. (probably not true with hospital beds and the like)

Adrian, I was wondering if it was possible for the enscape assets to come in with a layer assigned. It would be great if when you placed an asset you did not have to then go and place it on a layer.. it was just already on one. If you wanted to move that to one you prefer it would also make that easier. I often make a group for instance and then try to place all my people in that group that is on a specfic say "people" layer.. but invariably I forget and place a few outside of it. It would be a lot easier if when you placed the asset it had a preset layer attached to it.

I have lots of comments and things I wish it had.. but I just want to say thank you for doing it. It is a huge boost to our productivity to not have to spend design time searching for entourage. Keep up the good work Adrian it is appreciated.

This is another place it would be great if the library was updated to already have accurate lighting in them..removing all this effort (which I have done as well but typically on an skp model) Of course that would complicate things as you would need a switch to turn them off. Or maybe there is a specific set of a few cars that have lights on. It would also be good if some of the asset cars were a bit nicer.. in other words as you get closer to them segmented arcs in wheel arches etc.. become apparent.. why I keep a library of skp cars as well

I hesitate to "complain" about what is truly a wonderful asset library, however I would agree that they are both over-saturated and too dark in many cases.

I often have to revert to sketchup trees so I can control the color. It seems no matter what tree I pick they are all the same saturated / dark color. Particularly for street trees around a building and for site drawings like attached they need to be much lighter which many are in reality. It seems no matter what tree in the asset library I pick it has the same dark almost kelly green. The front row of trees in this image are SKP trees. There are 6-7 varieties of the enscape tree beyond. I personally really need more variety (particularly lighter) so I have to revert to proxies / skp when I would prefer not to. I am working on a diagramatic site aerial where I placed all Enscape trees and now I regret it as they are too dark and I can not control short of p-shop I guess.

I have had a few issues with my license both when wanting to go from a desktop temporarily to a laptop and when I had a computer crash where I lose a day or two submitting a request to release a license from a computer so I can use it on another. It would be great if you could make a switch on the customer portal that allowed us to turn off a computer releasing the license to be used elsewhere without having to go through support to do it .

No. I like that I have a clean view of the model / rendering in Enscape. I like that I can put the windows wherever I want but would love for them to then dock together. In other words you never need more than one at anyone moment but if you could tab through them in one docked window. (free from the enscape view or not I suppose... in skp you have the option) .

Currently they are all fixed sizes and all different. So I want them all open at once so I am not constantly opening and closing them, but sometimes I just have to do that because they litter up the whole screen and I cant easily keep track of them particularly while working in a lot of other programs at the same time. If I could dock them together and put them in one place it would significantly easier.

It feels like the old days before browsers figured out tabs made life so much easier.

I find it really frustrating to constantly be dealing with multiple enscape menus. General, Materials, Visual settings and Asset Library I often want them all open all the time. I need an extra monitor just to deal with them. I think the way you can set it up (not the default) in sketchup is much better where you can tab much like a browser. See attached images for what I mean. It would be great if Enscape implemented something like how it can be set up in sketchup.