Posts by dvsone1440

This behavior can in fact be normal if the project is of rather large size. Is there any chance you could briefly share that specific project with us of yours? Please also make sure that you're running our latest version and that you've installed the latest GPU drivers for your card.

I forgot to update my drivers when I updated to the preview version. . Its no longer doing the shadow retreat with the updated drivers. My bad

I don't think it has anything to do with the preview version. The most likely culprit is that your GPU is underpowered. What I'm seeing there is the exact same thing that tends to happen in non-ray traced, 100% raster based engines such as Lumion or Twinmotion. In order to get rid of that happening in those platforms, you have to do a fair amount of GI tweaking - which isn't really an option with Enscape because you shouldn't have to....

It's my understanding that Enscape - like all ray tracing enabled engines (realtime GPU or offline CPU) - uses a fine balance of classic raster vs ray tracing. This is especially the case with GI/shadows/AO. I don't know precisely how Enscape works, but if your GPU isn't powerful enough than Enscape will probably keep defaulting to raster based output.

Thanks Landrvr1 that could be I am running on an older 1070. I dont remember it happening before however. I guess its time to upgrade.

Hi, dvsone1440. Do you mind telling me what kind of hardware are you working with?

My hardware is 1070 32gb of ram. But I am not sure what that has to do with my point? As I was saying, "no crashing here" instead I was responding to the comment about the additional menu. I find multiple tabs in one menu much easier to deal with from a menu to screen real estate point of view. I have all my sketchup menus I need access to (materials scenes layers etc..) + Enscape Materials menu, Asset library menu, Visual menu and now yet another menu with the general settings. I am often going back and forth between these and they just take up too much screen space. I can't control the size of them either. Sketchup allows you to combine them and tab through pages which is essentially how it worked before but now I have yet another menu I have to keep track of. I would prefer to see all the enscape menus combined so you can tab through them. To me adding another menu I have to keep up is the wrong direction.

Doesn't work until we get a 2pt perspective pan fix (see my other thread about this issue). Also, I would like to see these lines in VR, so post is a no-go.

Nice trick, but I am looking for a way to show grout lines in a floor that is just made up up SketchUp faces and I have a lot of flooring patterns to accomplish this with.

Another trick I use is to create the skp grout lines with lines in your floor or whatever.. put it on a separate layer so you can isolate it.. go to plan view parallel projection and export a jpg of just that. Then apply that as a material. You can also edit in pshp further if you want.

I use that a lot if there is a specific terra cotta tile pattern or something I want to use. Make in in skp with lines is really simple then export the jpg that I then place as a material.

I just make a very thin face that I push and make a component that cuts (ie push it in a1/2") and then stretch that to width and copy for grout lines or reveals etc.. So there is physical depth there but still very easy to move and edit. I just "scale" it to transform length (or width)

dvsone1440, Gadget - the developers are aware of this issue and it is being looked at. All I can do for the time being is to up-vote the related story in our developer agenda regarding and offline Asset Library, as currently that is the considered solution, although it may not end up being the actual solution implemented

Thanks for the upvote. Its not a huge issue but one that would be nice if it was faster. I have done a bit of a workaround with an skp file with all my favorites already placed in it and I just copy from one file to the next.

Thank you! Simon Weinberger That must be a default. I never changed / noticed it before but in the old version it seems to be set to "invert space mouse" by default (ie I had just reinstalled the old version and it was already set to "invert".) So then I tried reinstalling the new and it was NOT automatically checked. Just checked the box and that Solved that problem thank you. 2.6 also seems to be switching fine between skp and enscape with the old 3d conn drivers.

dvsone1440 Because we changed how settings work it was impossible for us to convert all settings to the new format. You might have changed "Invert SpaceMouse" in 2.5 and now it's back to default. Open "General Settings" and look under the "Input" section.

So I tried 10.5.15. It works perfectly with Enscape 2,5 So I tried 2.6 and while it now works in both SU and enscape it flips and kills many of the 3d mouse controls. Rotate is backwards up and down does not work orbit is backwards. Forward and back seems correct (note the controls work correctly in Skp). Using 3d Connexion 10.5.15 and Enscape 2.5 is the only combo I can find that works both in SU and ENscape and the controls work as expected in Enscape.

So I spoke too soon. I have tried every combination I can of old and new drivers and now I can not get the 3d mouse to work in Skp. See image. When I am in Skp even without starting enscape it says I am using enscape. Even if I disable it in the Extension manager. Short of uninstalling Enscape I am not sure how to get it working again in skp. Way too much time wasted just trying to make tools work that were working fine until things were "upgraded." Windows is I think partly to blame as well as it breaks my computer every time it forces an update.

3DxWare64_v10-5-11_r2875 is the driver that works for me. Anything after that I can't use skp and enscape at the same time. Enscape works but skp does not. Then I have to back enscape up to 2.5.3 in order to get the 3d mouse to work as expected (anything after that reverses orbits and does not seem to pan or go up and down)

I hope this gets addressed asap as it is critical to my workflow however its seems to me both Enscape and 3d connexion have things causing this.

I also spoke with 3d connexion and they said they do not support / test with enscape.

Up until the last release I was always able to use mine in both skp and enscape depending on which window I click into. Since the last release I can only use it in Enscape unless I close Enscape and then I get functionality back in Skp. Both are the lastest versions.