Posts by elliott.h

I'm bumping this issue as I know threads already exists but this is a persistent problem and a massive time sink.

PLEASE: Cache the icons/thumbnails for ALL the enscape assets to a locally accessible file.

I am in China where download speeds from international servers are often poor. This renders the library virtually useless at times.

I am working in HBA doing hospitality interior design and am trying to make Enscape a part of our department's workflow. I just had an awkward moment trying to demonstrate the library to a small team of people. Please sort it out soon.

Thanks.

Elliott.

The gold standard for this issue would be to implement dynamic Level Of Detail (LOD) handling at render time - particularly for stills. At present Enscape is virtually unable to render stills of many of my scenes and I have not yet managed to export a 360 panorama at all.

What might help is using dynamic polygon reduction to simplify long distance, out of shot and overly complex models and textures.

Thank you very much for your reply - I was able to get the render done by deleting chunks of complex geometry from areas not in the shot. I will make a report when I have time.

Also - I know this has been mentioned elsewhere: Please cache thumbnails for the entire asset library on my computer. They need to be reloaded each time I scroll. This is not feasible, especially where I am in China as we frequently have VPN issues when retrieving data from international servers.

first of all - I am having trouble with the update.

My IT admin here keeps getting a missing dll message and not sure how to fix that.

Second - I just learned Enscape. Really happy. Took a weekend to learn and it gives exactly the results I want.

The keyframing input for the video path is really disrupting my workflow. There needs to be a way to input the timestamps in a simple list.

Also the camera path (which is unseen and not directly editable) seems to interpolate and round off corners, meaning that sharp transitions from one scene to another are not achievable by simply pushing two key frames together.

A more elegant solution might be to allow rendering of batches of paths between angles - or to have a toggle to choose whether or not to animate between scenes (i.e. allowing a snap from scene to scene)

It might also be cool to just export SU's animation as a path.

As I mentioned I can't update at present so I'm really hoping this was already solved. Apologies if the answer to all the above is to simply update. Also sorry if it sounds like I'm whining, I should mention again, really happy with the software in general. It's brilliant.