Posts by gcsucci

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Phil,

yes, by "splotches" I meant the dark shadow areas between the lights, as against the continuous lighting on the left side of the image.

I was hoping the difference between the two sides would be self-evident.

Regarding the other questions: but of course, yes, everything is the same!

In any case, I figured it out, and it must be related to the way Enscape interprets the light emitter in the Revit family.

It was the rotation of the light emitter. See screen shot.

Rotating the light emitter (not just 45 degrees) caused Enscape to use a single point emitter, or a very reduced one (length wise).

Leaving the emitter at 0 degree, produces the expected result of consistent lighting across the length of the light emitter element.

I am not sure in which court this bug is, Autodesk or Enscape.

I hope this is going to help someone else with the same issue...

Regards

Hello,

please screen shots.

Is this reproduceable? Or is it a known issue?

I understand shadows are emitted from a point, and these are not real area / linear lights etc. etc. but I was able to get nice results till yesterday, but today.... splotches at a distance.

Thank you

Hello,

my first test on Revit 2023 and I am getting this weird lighting in Enscape, as if it was a different time zone.

See attached screen shot, it's set at 00:35 am, it even shows the moon icon, yet, bright daylight...

I have tried "home" to reset the sun, but its the same.

I can setup site location and hour in the Revit view, and there the lighting appears correct, but it just does not translate in Enscape.

Thank you

regards

GC

Damian, Phil,

once the web Standalone is exported, by accessing it from "Manage Uploads" and clicking on the link, it will NOT show the original Revit view from which the scene was generated, nor the view selected in Enscape before clicking "Web Standalone".

That view is used only right after exporting, when the web browser opens.

However, when we use the link to the Web standalone, the view will reset to some out in space target point.... The Eye point seem to be the same, just the target point is off.

Thanks

GCS

Hello,

I have two topography, one for Revit and one for the Enscape view.

The Enscape topo is placed on a workset visible only in the Enscape view.

In that same view, I have hidden in view the topo for Revit.

In Revit, I see only the Enscape topo, however, after exporting to Enscape, I see the other topography.

Is Enscape getting confused between overlapping elements hidden in view?

Or is it a workset problem?

Thank you

Hi all,

anybody knows if it is possible to override the Escape people and cars textures with just one Revit material?

The idea is to have just transparent silhouettes / shapes without too much realism, for conceptual rendering.

Similar to the White or polystyrol (I think you guys mean Polystyrene, here...) rendering modes, but I do need textures from some Revit materials, so that does not help.

Thank you

GC