There has been a huge demand for this ever since the asset library was introduced. But even though the feature request has had massive support, it has not been adressed. Instead we can look forward to "awesome" stuff, like a new site contex feature that is so full of errors that no one will use it and last time around we got a slower, more difficult way to add assets to a scene (at least if you use sketchup og rhino)...
As mentioned before. PLEASE focus on making existing features great before moving on to new stuff... So many parts of enscape is just half baked right now:
- a material library that is missing the most basic features.
- an asset library with no customization options at all (and very slow)
- an asset generator that is way too cumbersome to use
- a video editor that is not working as intended.
- linked models. this feature could be so much more powerful with just a couple of tweaks.
but, for some reason none of it is prioritized.