Posts by Paul Russam

I had the same problem recently, one of the schemes I’m working on has tan gravel driveways and brown brick walls, there are sections of a grey composite cladding that no matter what I did material wise it would render with a brown hue that was being cast from the brick and gravel.

The client was obsessive about it being grey and even though I proved to my boss that every setting I had available to me was pure grey it wasn’t good enough.

In the end I had to give it a blue tinge to make it “seem” grey, it works and the client is happy with “his grey” cladding but it was and still is an alien concept to my engineers brain.

I havent yet seen a renderer that allows you to set an image's dpi on creation, if you really want it to have dpi other than the default 72 you just need to open it in the likes of Photoshop/Gimp/Affinity Photo and set it there.

Personally I'd leave it alone and let the client's graphic designer do it as they'll also want to change its profile to CMYK but thats entire other can of worms as there's loads of variations in CMYK.

I render 8000x6000 pngs on a regular(ish) basis with everything else at 4000x3000 and have never experienced a problem so I'm guessing its something with your harware/OS setup.

Me:

Win10 / SU2019 / Enscape 2.6.0

i9 9900k / 32Gb / RTX2070

Be sure to click the feedback button in the Enscape toolbar so that the team get all your harware etc spec's

For professional printing you should be aiming for 300dpi (dots per inch) so ideally you should be rendering at 6000px (20x300) x 7200px (24x300). If the image is going to be used on a billboard where itll be further away then the dpi can comfortably drop to as low as 72.

All my stuff is rendered for property brochures and I render everything at 4000x3000px and then 8000x6000 for the images that are going to be used on billboards etc.

So... I think I've fixed it .... by making it blue!

I'm more engineer than artist so it wasn't logical but once I set a pantone chart against the material sample we'd been sent and entered the coresponding RGB values it suddenly worked, a little adjustment in the material settings and hey presto! we have grey paneling.

I KNOW its wrong but it looks RIGHT ... this boils my engineers brain a bit :)

Hi all,

In the attached image we have a composite cladding material that is grey but ... it's rendering with a brown tint which I assume is due to the adjacent brown brick walls and gravel.

Our client is quite instant that it appears as grey but I've been unable to make it so within Enscape, I could post-process the 10+ images in PS but as we'll be knocking out videos I'd prefer to get it right within Enscape.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

as of typing this I’ve heard that there’s no Bootcamp for the new 16” yet. Apple are yet to make the windows driver package for the new hardware.

I ran Enscape successfully on my MBP 15” 2015 under Bootcamp/windows so I see no reason why it wouldn’t work on the new one when they release the drivers.

Well, I think I fixed it myself, new test video:

I remade the bollard with simpler geometry:

In my original bollard I had geometry that was close to the emmisive 'bulb', I think this is whjat caused the flickering

I know this has been asked before but I've recently experienced it and so I've created a demo video and SU project that I'll send via a Feedback linked to this thread.

In the video there are 2 rows of bollards, the left ones flicker, the right dont, the difference is that the lefthand row have an emmisive object along with the rect lights and the righthand row dont.

The lefthand ones look better as they visually have a light source.

I've had to use the rect lights as without them the bollard casts a massive shadow on the ground around itself thus defeating the object of the boallard.

Simple video:

Edit:

Feedback with link to SketchUp model sent.

I experienced this, it was a model when the batch render consisted of a few exterior scenes and then interior.

The problem occurred when the 1st interior scene were being rendered.

If I was to guess I’d say that Enscape delays xx ms to allow the auto exposure to ‘settle’ and then it starts rendering the image, if there’s a big shift in exposure (external view to interior view) between batched scenes then the delay isn’t long enough and the render starts before the exposure has settled.

I’ll test the model again tomorrow and if it happens again I’ll do a feedback and link to this post.

If I manually (F11) render the scene it worked perfectly but this is of course initiated after the scene’s exposure has settled.

Try either Firefox or Chrome on iOS as they don’t /didn’t have the restrictions. This was true in iOS 12. I’m not sure in 13.

Android should be ok but I don’t have it to test.

Edit:

I’ve just tested a pano in Firefox on my iPhone 6s with iOS 13.1.2 and the gyro works instantly without any prompting. This was a self hosted pano and not an Enscape hosted one so no guarantees but try it.

The only way to have high detail is to have high res, I export at 4000x3000 png and then I’ve created a script using ImageMagick and AutoHotKey to make 100% quality jpg’s for print and 1200x800 80% jpg’s for email.

The reason I have such a high height (3000px) is so that my college’s who use my images in InDesign have some extra sky and ground to play with when laying out their pages.

This 'Explicit texture transformation' has been an absolute revelation for me. I'm currently doing a building with Zinc cladding and the ability to have a fine grained drawn metal texture AND a massivly overscaled subtle bump to give the 'not perfectly flat' feel is producing amazing (for me) results.

Now I know this feature exists I'm going to be using all over the place :) ... Thanks Epix

In iOS 12.2 Apple disabled the gyro/motion sensor in Safari, it could be turned back on in Settings > Safari > Privacy >Motion and Orentation Access

but in iOS 13 ......

That setting has now gone, there is no way to turn the gyro on for Safari, if you have Chrome or Firefox browsers the gyro works without any intervention by the user.

I'm assuming that within the iOS 13 developer API there is a way to prompt a user to enable the gyro on a site by site basis, if this is the case then it would need to be implemented by the Enscape devs for the panorama viewer.

I know that iOS/TabletOS 13 is still in beta but we're so close to public release that I don't see the setting coming back.

I ran Win10\SU/Enscape on my MBP for a couple of years without any technical problems.

Your right in saying that the card and drivers ain’t the best for E but you can improve the driver situation with custom drivers from here https://www.bootcampdrivers.com.

Installing them is a bit of a fiddle and if you’re not familiar with Windows then it could be a bit daunting but it’s doable.