Posts by Paul Russam

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

I ran Win10\SU/Enscape on my MBP for a couple of years without any technical problems.

Your right in saying that the card and drivers ain’t the best for E but you can improve the driver situation with custom drivers from here https://www.bootcampdrivers.com.

Installing them is a bit of a fiddle and if you’re not familiar with Windows then it could be a bit daunting but it’s doable.

AMD have finally stepped up with a real competitor to Nvidia’s cards, as a result Nvidia have this week boosted most of their RTX cards without a price rise.

Look for the cards with ‘Super’ in their names, the RTX 2070 Super is now almost equal to last weeks 2080.

Good news for you ..... poor timing for me :)

I’ve just built a new pc just for SketchUp/Enscape. I went with an RTX2070 and it flies, I can have the Enscape window full screen on my 27” 4K monitor and fly around/ change TOD with complete abandon.

I’m sure s 2080 would be better but I’d have to have 2 identical pc’s next to each other with the same model to notice any difference.

Here’s the parts list https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Q4twNQ

...... Because its a trail version .... durrr

The trial version is for you to test Enscape to see if it fill your needs, the watermark has absolutely no effect on how Enscape works or the output it produces.

If during/after the trial you find that Enscape is for you then you can buy it and you'll no longer have the trail watermark on your images.

I've just watched this video and I thought you lot would be interested

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Materialize Site: http://www.boundingboxsoftware.com/materialize/index.php

99% of the projects you see here are built and renderered on my 2015 i7 MBP with Enscape and SU2017 in Win10 on Bootcamp, the other 1% were either done before we got Enscape but still on my MBP, or prior to me.

https://www.dma-ni.com/dma_projects/

As a Mac owner I'd like to think that theres a 'large audience begging for development' but I don't think its so nor to I think that Apple will ever make a machine suitable (see my coments above about Mac grapichs cards)

“Please release Enscape for Mac”

The above is written as if it’s simply a process of pressing a button marked ‘make Mac version’ and hey presto we all have Enscape for Mac ........ it’s not.

I’m not a dev but I know enough to know that any app that runs on both MacOS and Windows are actually 2 wholly independent apps that only share their name and interface designs, they are written by 2 completely separate teams in completely separate languages/compilers (usually VisualStudio and XCode).

For example, whilst both MS Word for MacOS and Windows have a button to make text bold that looks and functions the same I can guarantee that the underlying code is completely different and written by different people.... probably in different buildings or even cities/countries.

On top of all of that is what Clemens pointed out, Apple are deprecating OpenGL in favour of their own 3D engine called Metal, so not only would a developer like Enscape have to employ an entire new team of MacOS devs they would have to reinvent EVERY single function from the ground up ..... should only take 5 or so years, a team of 100’s and a bottomless pit of funds .... easy eh?

Now having said all the above it may surprise you to know I own a 27” iMac and a 15” MBP and not a PC and yet.... I use Enscape EVERY DAY ...... it’s simple I have Windows in bootcamp.

I’ll admit it’s a compromised solution as my MBP’s graphics card only just meets Enscapes requirements but it works well enough and I have a PC for my 3D work and a Mac for my web stuff all in one box. The Mac is expensive but it’s cheaper than a ‘cheap’ Mac AND a PC.

I originally had this arrangement as I hate with all my sole the MacOS version of SketchUp, Compared to its Windows cousin it’s (in my opinion) ghastly to use.

Another thing to seriously consider is the graphics cards available on Mac’s, they are not optimised for 3D, the new iMac Pro’s can have either a Vega56 or 64 (https://www.apple.com/imac-pro/specs/ ) which depending on what review you read equate to 1060’s-1080’s good eh? ..... not really as the MacOS drivers favour 2D performance for the likes of FinalCut/Premiere not 3D. And even in its cheapest spec an iMacPro is $5000!!!

IE is dead, even MS try their best to hide it in favor ot Edge.

I agree that its imposible to predict if a user is going to use IE but IE does't and never will support the features required for a pano to work.

Whats really needed if for the viewer provided by Enscape to have a browser agent detector that brings up a "get yourself a new browser" message if a page is opened in IE.

I'd watch this before you go diving in:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm 99% certain that is because you didn't install SketchUP using 'Open as Administrator'

You need to right-click on the SketchUp Installer exe and select 'Open as Administrator'. The installation will be perfectly normal but the the permissions given to SketchUP will enable it to save its settings.

I don't know if you can just run the installer again and select repair or if you need to uninstall SU and then reinstall it but I'd certainly try the 1st option before the 2nd.

2017 was less sensitive to this but some combination of 2018 and whatever is the current version of Windows 10 causes this problem.