Posts by Christian Radowski

Yes the batch rendering now exports the model per view to support batch rendering views with different geometry in them, we cannot know if the geometry is the same without exporting it though. Revit does not provide functionality to discern if two views contain the same geometry.

Hello, my older presets not working because they were in XML format and now it become JSON. How to migrate from older versions with exact same presets i had?

I'm UNABLE TO ACHIEVE SAME QUALITY that i had before on (2.5.2 or 2.6.2 i didnt remember)

We have put legacy import functionality into the Settings Management section of the General Settings window.

You can import the .xml settings into your current visual settings and then save them if needed as a preset.

Christian Radowski, I use the shortcut for rendering, that's not the problem. When you hit render current view, this message pops up and I can move my camera in enscape but I can't save the view as a new scene, because the menu that popped up makes all the buttons inactive. In my opinion this menu should totally disappear and the safe frame should be visible independent of the render preview.

I hope my explanation is clear enough. I could send a video too.

I understand. The safe frame is currently meant to be used to do final adjustments for a rendering. Why are you trying to save a new view during rendering?

Bottom line is the not all the assets should be on the planting category. This is something that users have been complaining to Enscape about for some time, but no change yet. It would be good to get an update from Enscape on this......

We are aware of this issue, the assets were initially placed in the planting category because of the scaling native to the planting category and its template.
    We have been evaluating several changes to the assets in Revit but I cannot give you an ETA on any changes. Still like already mentioned in this thread there are ways to work around this issue for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We just released the new Enscape version 2.7!

Have a look at the blog post showing off the new features and additions.

There are several options to upgrade:

• Follow the link in your trial registration email
    • Click the update link in the in-program notification
    • Open the "About" window and click the Download Area link

For detailed questions and issues, feel free to write us at support@enscape3d.com or use this thread.

Changes in 2.7

BIM mode (Revit and ArchiCAD)

You can now browse your project's BIM data directly in Enscape by pressing the 'B' button.

All of the objects inside your project that contain BIM data are then listed on the left side of the Enscape screen.

The corresponding geometry in Enscape is then highlighted when you hover over the objects or select them.

The selection and BIM mode can both be left via 'Escape' or by pressing the 'B' button again.

Please also note that the video editor is not available while the BIM mode is active and vice-versa.

Orthographic projection mode

You can now select an orthographic projection mode for your renderings. This can either be achieved via the projection setting in the "Rendering" section of the Visual Settings window. Alternatively you can also use the new projection mode selector in the top right corner of the Enscape screen or activate the view sync while an orthographic view is active in (only available in SketchUp and Rhino).

The projection mode selector itself is deactivated during view sync. Also the orthographic projection mode is not available while the video editor is active.

When a CAD view is created from within Enscape while the projection mode is set to orthographic, then the created view will also be orthographic within the CAD (available in Revit, Rhino, SketchUp).

Visual presets linked to views (Revit, SketchUp, Rhino)

The view finder has been enhanced, allowing you to link visual presets to your views.

These presets will then be applied when a rendering targeting this view is created (see the Improved (batch) rendering section below).

By linking the same preset to multiple views you can now share and update sets of visual properties between views.

You can find out what preset is linked to what scene by hovering the "link" icon in the view finder.

Improved (batch) rendering

The batch rendering function has now been moved from the view finder to the "Render Image" button. You can now select any combination of views to be rendered in succession.

You can either use the selection shortcuts on the top of the dialog or regular combinations of Shift/Ctrl when making your selection.

To create a WYSIWYG rendering of what is being displayed in the Enscape window just select the "Use Current Enscape Viewport" entry in the selection dialog.

In addition to the changes above we also slightly changed the behavior of the "Safe Frame" functionality. You can activate the "Safe Frame" in the "Capture" section of the visual settings. If active you will, in addition to the actual safe frame being shown in the Enscape window, see a dialog during the rendering, that will stall the rendering while you can make final adjustments in the Enscape window. You can then either confirm or cancel the rendering via the dialog.

Please note that the entire selection dialog can be skipped, to execute a quick rendering, by using the rendering hotkey, which can be configured in the "Input" section of the general settings window.

Improved Asset Library

Loading times of the Asset Library have been improved and the scrolling behavior tweaked to improve the overall performance.

In addition to that, assets that have been added to the library since your last visit will be marked as "New" and will show up for 7 days in the new category.

German localization

Enscape is now fully available in German; you can specify the language in the installer or later on in the "Preference" section found in the General Settings window. Please note that a full restart of the CAD is required for this to take effect. Also (relevant for our preview users) if a language has already been set via the General Settings, than selecting a different language during installation will not have any effect.

ArchiCAD 23 support

ArchiCAD 23 is now supported.

Improved area light shading

Energy conservation and specular reflection quality have been improved for rectangle and line lights, especially for rough materials.

Adaptive (texture) memory management

• The memory consumption of textures has been significantly reduced without a noticeable loss in quality.
    • The actual world space scale of a texture is now taken into account, when determining which resolution to use.
      This allows now up to 16k textures for large scale areas like satellite image based environments.
    • Enscape will also better adapt to the available GPU memory. This means in certain low memory situations
      we’ll now be able to dynamically scale down the quality of GPU resources, like textures, in order to maintain stability.

RTX raytracing improvements

We have improved the RTX raytracing performance. Also the overall stability when memory demand is high has been improved (e.g. high resolution screenshots or large, memory demanding scene with lots of textures). Please note that not all stability improvements are yet available on the currently released Nvidia drivers.

A setting has been added in the "Performance" section of the General Settings window that allows you to activate/deactivate the RTX support for Enscape. Please note that if you have previously manually activated/deactivated the RTX support in our config files, you will have to do so again in the General Settings.

The setting has a higher precedence than the config entry and will override it's value. Please also note that changing the setting will only take effect after Enscape has been restarted.

Atmospheric rendering improvements

The cloud rendering quality of our procedural sky was improved.

Also the fog shading is now of a higher quality and thick fog will realistically blur the background.

Minimap in web standalone

The minimap may now also be used in the web standalones.

Known Issues in 2.7

Revealing hidden elements, RTX issues (Revit)

We encountered some stability issues, when hidden elements were activated in Revit. This can lead to crashes, in conjunction with the use of RTX graphics cards. This issue can currently be avoided by deactivating RTX support (see the RTX raytracing improvements section above).