Posts by ksf141

In an update to the above, if I change the resolution to Draft before exporting to enscape, I can get it to fully export. I was previously exporting already in Ultra mode but thats what I have done in all versions up to 2.6

After getting it exported in Draft mode, if I change to Ultra it will switch but crash shortly after.

This is leading me to believe that 2.7 is asking for more power from the GPU than 2.6 did because 2.6 worked seamlessly in Ultra resolution mode. Thoughts Demian Gutberlet

ksf141 , please briefly send in a feedback report, by just clicking on the first button in the Enscape Renderer Error dialogue. Then you can also let me know once you've done so and I can check it out. :) Since I don't know the e-mail address of yours (the one used to purchase your license), kindly send it to me via personal message in this forum so that I can quickly find the report.

Demian Gutberlet When i choose to send a report, the email portion is automatically filled in with the email of our company's IT director since its a corporate account with multiple licenses. (i tired to change it to my email in the screenshot but it didnt work) In addition, when I hit the send report button, sketchup crashes with the NVIDIA error message attached to the original post. Im attaching a screen shot of the error log screen before I hit send report. Not sure what else to do...

I have a Thinkpad P51 with Nvidia Quadro M2200 Graphics card. Have been using Sketchup 2019 with version 2.6 and it has been worked beautifully and was surprisingly fast given the mediocre hardware. After installing version 2.7, I opened the same sketchup model that I had done renderings with days earlier on 2.6 with no issue. When exporting to enscape, I eventually get a crash with the attached error messages. It either a) crashes before fully opening the enscape window or b) opens enscape but crashes before fully exporting.

I have latest drivers. Any ideas before I revert back to 2.6?

Buy two 2080ti and use V-Ray instead Maxwell. ;) I hope Enscape in premium quality mode will only need 50s instead 5s. ;)

Thanks for the note! unfortunately we've already tested Vray and Maxwell (in our opinion) blew it away in terms of user interface and intuitiveness. The plugin for sketchup made it way easy to get high quality renderings with simple, easy to understand controls for materials, sun, reflections etc. Vray requires to big of a learning curve with ridiculous settings like "ambient occlusion" and ambiguous slider controls with numerical inputs that have little relation to real life. We liked how Maxwell used photography settings. ...... in the end, there is no match for Enscapes speed and usability so we have abandoned all other software. We are now only interested in seeing Enscape get better and better

I've forwarded your upvote of course.

I add a vote for this feature. Our firm made the switch from Maxwell render (many hours per still image rendering) to Enscape (5 seconds per rendering). We are loving Enscape as it has changed our entire workflow. While we dont want to wait hours and hours for a rendering anymore, it would be no problem at all to wait say 5 or 10 minutes (instead of seconds) to get ultra high quality still images.

Ive been having an issue with panoramas recently that I cant figure out. When I create still image renders on ultra resolution, the color/saturation of the textures are pretty close to the textures on screen in the sketchup model.

When I export a hi-res panorama file, some of the textures are very noticeably oversaturated.

See attached screenshot and look at the wood texture in the still image render vs the panorama output. Is this related to settings or is it a bug? Im having to "fake" the textures to make them look right in the panorama and then revert them back if Im taking a still render. Thanks!

We are looking to purchase some ready made 3d people models that come in sketchup format that are of similar look/feel as the 3d people that come in the enscape asset library. Ive seen some decent ones on AXYZ Design and Human Alloy but wondering if you all have experience with any others that look good, come in sketchup format, and have a good variety? Thanks!

Adding to this thread rather than start a new one because its applicable. I understand that you can go find a setting to share with others but it would VERY helpful if the sketchup model itself retained the last used setting in the native model itself. This way when someone else (another colleague etc) needs to open the model to work on it and produce new enscape renderings, they are have the setting preset loaded in already.

In an architecture office (for example) several different people may need to jump in and out of the same model at various times to produce updated renderings etc. Constantly having to manage presets from 4 or 5 different peoples computers is a nightmare and results in renderings that arent consistent with earlier iterations.

When looking at other plugins (Vray or Maxwell render for example). The current plugin settings for that model are retained and whoever opens up the model can open the plugin and hit render and get the same result as whomever originally did the scene setup.

Please consider implementing something like this or tell me why its a bad idea. Thanks!

ksf141 , I'm afraid, this is a known issue. In the meantime, you could maybe communicate with your clients beforehand that they should not currently use IE to view the panoramas until this issue has been resolved. I hope this won't be too much of a problem. I've also forwarded this topic to our developers again stating the further demand of a fix for this issue.

Demian,

Thanks for your response, wondering if there was any further movement on this topic. We continue to take advantage of the panorama feature but also continue to run into the issue of sending out panorama links to owners/clients and many business still use Internet Exlplorer as their default browser. As a work-around, we've had to download the panorama images and host them on a separate 3rd party panorama viewer website that plays well with internet explorer. Thanks for considering!

The 3d textured people figures are a huge help when populating renderings. Simply need more quantity and more variety (casual vs business etc).

We recently started using the panorama tool and they work beautifully when sending a link and opening in Chrome web browser but they open as a black screen in Internet Explorer. Is this a bug? or intentional? Are there other web browser compatibility issues? Frustrating because if we send a link to a client, we have no way of controlling what web browser they are using. Thanks in advance!