Posts by Pixero

I think it would be great if we could bake the lighting for better quality in the web version and for customers with low end PCs.
    Perhaps it is even possible to bake all ambient and GI and only have the direct light "live"?

I just want to bump this request since I believe animated leaves is essential to more realistic animations.
    It just doesn't feel alive when every plant is totally still.

Having the option to animate the vertices on our own plants would be a great addition.

Please, please, pleeeease!

I agree about the possibility for more advanced positioning of camera paths.
    The current way is not very precise and for interiors the camera and path can take up almost all the view which makes it hard to see what your doing.

I would like to have the possibility to export a pre baked lighting for standalone/web standalone so that it would work for customers without advanced graphic cards.

I understand that changing time of day would be harder/impossible but perhaps bake all GI and AO and just have the direct lighting "live".

Hey Pixero , which CAD software are you using? Further, how do you imagine this masking texture import to function, through a dedicated separate material editor, like the one provided for SketchUp, or through the main CAD software itself?

Any further feedback or suggestions regarding this feature request would be appreciated. ;)

I'm using SketchUp.

As one example of how it could be used I have attached a small image of a ceiling with spotlights.

I imaging you would just add it like you add a bumpmap or other map.

I think it would be great if it was possible to reduce the size of the camera and camera path. Or even make them more transparent.
    For interior animation they often obscures the view which makes it harder to compose the view.

What do you mean with “from our shipped library”?

Having a Vertex animated shader would mean we could have animated leaves on all our own plants. Not only on what you decide to ship.

Could you implement animated vertex leaf shader?

I don't know what you use for materials but in Unity its a very simple shader:

Amazing images. :thumbsup:

For what it's worth here is a PDF I've made on my process from Revit to SketchUp.

It's in swedish but with the help of the images and Google translate I think you can figure it out.

Revit till SketchUp.pdf

Short English version:

If you don't need to edit the model in SU use FBX. But that need third party fbx importer plugin or other app to convert file to skp.

If you need to edit in SU I've found that DWG gives me the best file structure in SU.

If you have a textured Revit model, Create a new empty Revit project and link it in. Then export as DWG. Materials will be exported but not textures.

If the Revit file is without materials you can use Export layers to differentiate objects that has different materials onto different layers and in SU use the TIG_layer_material_tools script to turn the layers into materials and apply them to the model.