Posts by starcmr

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

My niece requires a laptop that can handle photo and video editing. She is not a pro but wants to get into this. I found a few laptops that I think would be fine, but her budget is $700, which means most laptops I found were too expensive. Can anyone recommend a laptop that would be solid for video editing and photography software like Photoshop? Yet falls into the $700 budget? (ish)

I think the main focus is 16GB of RAM, a solid CPU (most likely Intel), a 1TB SSD, and a dedicated video card. Is that possible at this price point?

Yes, the Lenovo Yoga Pro 9i Gen 9 with an Intel® Core™ Ultra 9 185H, 36GB or 64GB of LPDDR5X RAM, and an NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4070 8GB GDDR6 will be good enough for running Archicad, SketchUp, and Enscape efficiently and will look professional for client meetings.

It's understandable that you're disappointed with Enscape's recent updates and pricing compared to competitors. If you feel that other rendering software offers better value for your needs, it may be worth considering a switch. However, it's essential to communicate your concerns directly to Enscape to see if they have plans for improvements that could address your issues. Ultimately, your satisfaction as a customer is important to them, so your feedback may influence their decisions.

Hi there,

For your requirements of running standalone .exe models effectively and conducting remote presentations of Enscape models and drawings, the Dell XPS 15 with the NVIDIA RTX 3050 or 3050 Ti seems like a suitable choice. The 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H processor with 16GB of DDR5 RAM should provide ample power for running Enscape .exe files and Bluebeam Revu simultaneously, along with a web browser.

The NVIDIA RTX 3050 or 3050 Ti graphics card will ensure smooth performance for rendering and displaying your models, while the portability of the Dell XPS 15 makes it convenient for transportation to clients' homes.

Overall, given your emphasis on portability and the specific tasks you need to perform, the Dell XPS 15 with the mentioned specs should meet your needs effectively.

Enscape doesn't support animated 3D objects in its environment like Twinmotion does. While Enscape excels in texturing and rendering quality, the lack of animated elements has been noted by users. While I can't provide details on Enscape's future development plans, it's possible that they're considering implementing animated objects based on user feedback. I recommend reaching out directly to Enscape for further information. In the meantime, you can continue using Enscape's strengths for architectural presentations while keeping an eye out for any updates on animated features.

To improve the performance of Enscape on your low-end laptop with an Intel Core i3 processor, 4GB of RAM, and an integrated graphics card, try the following steps:

1. Lower the quality settings and resolution in Enscape.
    2. Update your integrated graphics card drivers.
    3. Close unnecessary background processes and programs.
    4. Monitor system resource usage with Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Monitor (Mac).
    5. Simplify Enscape scenes by reducing complexity.
    6. Ensure compatibility of your Enscape version with your hardware.
    7. Consider future hardware upgrades for better performance.

Implementing these steps should help improve the performance of Enscape on your current laptop configuration.

The Roadmap Portal for our in-house software has shown little progress over the past year, with some requested features remaining stagnant despite multiple major version releases. This post isn't about criticizing development speed but rather highlighting the need for more visibility of roadmap items, especially those requested by the community. While I understand the time-consuming nature of reviewing suggestions manually, it's crucial for the community to feel acknowledged and not as if their suggestions are disregarded. I hope for more transparency regarding the future path of our software, with ambitious plans that keep the community informed and engaged in the development process.

Option 1 (Intel i9-14900K):

• High-performance CPU with impressive clock speeds.
    • Adequate motherboard and RAM for multitasking and rendering.
    • Powerful GPU for graphic-intensive tasks.

Option 2 (Intel i7 variation):

• Slightly lower specs compared to i9 but still suitable for office tasks.
    • Components should provide sufficient performance within budget.

Option 3 (AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D):

• Competitive performance with higher core count and slightly better speeds.
    • Adequate motherboard and RAM for most office tasks.
    • Comparable graphics performance to Intel options.

Consider the specific requirements of your tasks, such as rendering and multitasking, and choose the option that best fits your needs within the budget.

1. Enscape Feature Requests:
      • Check if Enscape has a feature request or feedback platform. Suggesting the need for overlay functionality directly within Enscape VR for additional windows could be valuable.
    2. Enscape Forums or Support:
      • Engage with the Enscape community through forums or support channels. Other users might have found solutions or workarounds for similar requirements.
    3. Alternative VR Tools:
      • Explore other VR tools or applications that offer overlay features. Some VR applications provide multi-window capabilities, and you could potentially switch between Enscape and these tools as needed.
    4. Virtual Desktop and Oculus Dash:
      • Although you mentioned concerns with Virtual Desktop, it's worth checking if Oculus Dash, the built-in feature of Oculus headsets, provides any overlay functionalities. Oculus Dash allows you to access your desktop in VR.
    5. Enscape Plugin Development:
      • If you have programming skills or access to developers, consider exploring the possibility of developing a custom plugin for Enscape that provides the overlay functionality you need.
    6. Oculus Quest Developer Community:
      • Engage with the Oculus Quest developer community. Developers may have insights or tools that could enhance your VR experience with overlay functionality.

I'm not real tech savy and was looking for a decent(and easy :wink: ) editing software and was seeing what folks might suggest. Thanks for any recommendations {hs#

Im buying a new laptop and would like to get som recommendations on what to choose. I don't play anything but LOTRO and would like to play in maxed out 4k settings to an external monitor. Does anybody else have a laptop that works fine with this and doesn't get the fans to get too loud? Any recommendations on GFX card and processor would be most welcome.

I have 30+ years working with AutoCAD, so this is going to be an awkward question - I've never been the person to specify the hardware that I used on the job. I am looking into doing some work on the side and I don't have enough room for a desktop, so I'm looking into laptops. All that being said, I would like to know which processor will have enough horsepower to run full AutoCAD all day without frustrating me. Also, the best RAM configuration to go with it. If it makes any difference, I prefer a 17" screen.

Hey, I am trying to buy a laptop but I don't want to get a wrong one that will have trouble for running PCLINK. I am only really using the laptop to grab logs, data log cold start and checking for engine codes when they come. Would a ASUS L510 work its has 4gb ram so I thought it would need more but than I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Looking to get a second hand/used laptop, my current one is 10+ years old. Any recommendations for a newer model that's hopefully supported by FreeBSD (13.x?) to get up and running without much of a hassle? - wifi, suspend/resume, external monitor, decent battery, 12 gb+ ram support ... must Low budget secondary market recommendations with hopefully easier spare parts to find - should it conk off. Also any tips on what to keep in mind when buying a used machine? Thinkpad or some other machines?