Posts by 3DMake

I did manage myself - by adjusting the coordinates and rotation - it did take a lot of time.

I also had to mirror the texture X/

It should not be neccesary to do any offset on the coordinates as long as you crop the image and the toposurface to the exact same size and scaling. However you might need to rotate

Winter assets would be great (especially since winter is on our doorstep in Norway right now :) )

Are there also any plans on volumetric snow and snowy weather?

I've allways had issues that the vive hand controllers are lagging when running in enscape, but I've figured it was a hardware issue.

However I just got a new computer that is pretty much as fast as they gets (Ryzen 12-core 3900X, RTX2080ti,64gb RAM) but the controllers are still lagging.

Is this a known issue, or do I need to tweak anything? The lag is only present within enscape, works perfectly otherwise.

In Revit it is not possible to line up textures on a topo surface. You can achieve this with a floor, however it will not be contoured.

This is not correct. I just did a new take on this yesterday. I used a high quality orthophoto that I cropped to a rectangle with the same exact scaling as a rectangle toposurface. Further I needed to mirror the image (some strange Revit thing). Then I scaled the image in Revit material editor and the image was spot on.

I've done this in the past. I'm sorry I dont remember exactly the process, but it was a pain to get right.

At least I remember that you need to split the toposurface rectangular and scale the image exactly as the toposurface or it would be all screwed up.

If you add a grass key word to the material you will get a nice effect close to the ground

Great. This is a really neat feature. However when the enscape object is not correctly aligned with the revit familiy the feature is unusable.

An ability to scale the enscape asset in X/Y/Z direction would also be welcome. Most Revit families can be parametrically adjusted, however this will match poorly with the enscape asset if the dimensions are off.

You can add my vote to higher resolution panoramas and background images as well.

As it is now we need to render normal images and photoshop them onto the 360 background image to get a high quality panorama. This is a rather tedious process .

Hello

We are trying out the new link revit family to asset fuction. However some of the enscape asset appears rotated compared to the revit family.

Is there a way to rotate the enscape asset in relation to the Revit family?

Problem with using local network is that when we're out meeting with customers, its not accessible. Onedrive have a local sync of the folder. So each solutions has its drawbacks.

I'm sure its possible to make a workaround with symbolic links or something like that, but a possiblity for relative path would be nice.

It would be possible on a local network, however I'm not sure it is possible through onedrive, since onedrive makes a local syncronization under your own user profile.

Is there a way to enter a relative path to the skybox image instead of an absolute path?

When my colleague saves a 360 skybox from onedrive to the project (revit), I am unable to open this image since my path to the picture in onedrive is different. (different user accounts)

Pardon, which software are you using Enscape with and why can't you use the 3D-scanned objects in Enscape yet?

I'm using Revit. If there is an easy way to import full color 3D-scans I would very much like to know how.
    As far as I know, its not straight forward to import textured mesh objects into Revit.

These are the things enscape needs in order to keep architecture firms interested:

1) Multi-user VR

2) larger/flexible asset library - Enscape needs a larger / customization library of assets, especially for trees and vegetation.

Totally agree with this.

In addition I would really like to see a way to add 3D-scanned objects. 3D-scanners are starting to become affordable through mobile devices, and I'm sure there will be a huge demand for this in the future.

Yea, the high altitude pictures are from a Phantom 4 Pro drone, the ground pictures are from a DJI Osmo Pro (Gimbaled camera on a tripod)
    Each panorama is +-280megapixels

Thanks a lot for the workflow info. I havent seen transmutr before, but will look more into it. Is this sketchup only?

I am mainly looking for a way to put the mesh (with colors) into Revit, but it seems this is not trivial to achieve.