Posts by jure

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

Hi,

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before but ever since the new UI was introduced I've been bothered how much screen 'real estate' it uses.

IMHO everything could be resized to 75% it's size and it would still look fine.

Hi... I still miss this option...

Can you please bring back option to add views to 'favorites' quickly from view management?

It's so cumbersome to have to open each view setting and mark it as favorite there... It was so much easier to add them just by clicking on the star icon inside the list of views.

New fascinating paper aboit displacement mapping... Something your developers should look at:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/boubek/papers/TFDM/

Hi!

The problem is that light is not emmited across the lenght of the rectangular light. The expected behaviour would be that the light is uniform across it's lenght/width. This is clearly not the case in this example since light is focused in the center of the rectangular light.

What's even weired is that the widht of the emmited area gets bigger (and more correct) if I increase the thickness of the wall.

Hi!

I'd like Enscape standalone exe to remember not only camera position but also object visibility in a saved view. In Sketchup I use scenes to switch between different object visibility. Some objects or layers may be hidden in one scene but visible in another.

Would it be possible to add support for this also to standalone exe?

Thanks!

Hi!

Would it be possible to add some kind of fur material in Enscape? I know it's been mentioned here and there but haven't found proper feature request yet.

It's extremely hard to create any kind of furry or shaggy carpets for example. I already tried all sort of tricks - grass, skatter, modeling but haven't found a good solution. I also tried latest carpet material preset. It's somewhat useful but still it's difficult to get realistic furry material. It's also annoying that one cannot make height of grass or carpet material smaller than it's smallest setting...

Lumion 9 has a great realtime fur material, see here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks!

Thanks Pete Chamberlain. Based on first Vive Cosmos reviews it looks like it's not something I would be worth investing in.

I'm actually leaning now more towards Rift Quest because of the new PC link option that they introduced recently. Is that something that is going to work out of the box with Enscape?

Actually I'm using Sketchup... But anyways Rift S looks like a viable option. I'm just a bit worried of the lack of adjustment for interpupillary distance...

I will definitely be using desktop for now since I'm not planning to upgrade laptop any time soon. I'm planning to have presentations in out conference room so portability is not important for now.

Does it make sense waiting for Vive Cosmos since it should be out any time now?