Posts by Ted.Vitale

Well, that is pretty awesome! I enjoy the attached rendering (very high resolution, thank you for that).. quiet the attention to detail when it comes to the sprinkles as well! :D

I didn't bother filling all the holes in the sprinkles, which I realize, now that I've zoomed that far in, are bothering the hell out of me lol.

I'm celebrating ,my companies first year Anniversary today. Thought I would share a little rendered animation we did to celebrate.

Granted there are some other software used in our workflow, Enscape is our go-too 70% of the time.

Files

• WeAreOne.jpg

(4.4 MB, downloaded 1,084 times, last: )

I'm sorry to hear about that. I'll forward this to our developers as well so that they'll be further aware of the urgency for this implementation.

Thanks Demian. Its appreciated. Its frustrating when you cant explain to the client why the view is ever so slightly different after a change or an update. In this instance it meant they decided to take their business elsewhere for future renderings after we couldn't exactly match an older view that was generated in Enscape. Granted that particular client was painful to work with and its probably a blessing in disguise, its still a disappointment, and a costly one at that.

First things first I have to ask, are you using a "Two-Point Perspective" view SketchUp side, alongside "Synchronized Views"?

In that case, panning and zooming is not supported SketchUp -> Enscape

THIS HAS TO BE SUPPORTED! I continue to have this problem. I need to 100% of the time be able to perfectly reproduce the SketchUp Viewport. This is possible and you NEED to implement it. I fund the damn development time myself if I need too! I literally just lost a client because of this!

I'm writing again about this the viewpoint matching bug in absolute desperation.

I just spent the better part of my afternoon trying to re-match a view (and spoiler alert, I CANT!). Every time I have to do this I am literally loosing money. For the love of god when are you going to fix the view matching bug! I should be able to 100% of the time match my SketchUp view port to my rendering. I cant use two point perspective in SketchUp in conjunction with Enscape, I have to rely on Enscapes Two point perspective system and it does not reliably match the view every time. If I cant match the original view there is zero percent chance I can exactly re-produce the same exact view for a client each time. This is costing me time and money on a regular basis now. This is a must fix!

Kaj Burival that round one is actually an led light fixture ^^ . Now that you mention it, it does really look like it’s a mirror though ! I’ll have to swap that out to something that fits the scene better. I also want to add a draped blanket over the arm of the couch and something else on the coffee table. Maybe more old books or something around the room.

I didn’t see your post initially, looks like we both are definitely headed in the right direction. I found that also adding some metalness to the material gives it a similar sheen to velvet.

Unfortunately until we get a falloff controller I doubt we’ll be %100 believable.

Either way I’m super happy with stumbling on to the leather material I created!

Hi All,

I was experimenting trying to make a velvet material, and I think I got as close as I could in Enscape and stumbled on some really great leather results along the way. Attached are my results! Let me know your thoughts and feel free to give suggestions on improving either of the materials.

Velvet is difficult because there are no falloff settings in Enscape, so I had to work with what was available; textures and mixing variables between tint colors, bump and metallic controls.

VelvetCouch_Generic.jpg

VelvetCouch_Foilige.jpg

I've attached both versions, the generic material and the Folliage material, and I think I like the generic material version looks best, but this has an interesting quality to it as well, however both versions the shadows are a bit harsh.

The cool thing is I stumbled on to a great way to generate a shiny aged/distressed leather look by changing the material type to Clearcoat and tweaking the colors slightly I get really amazing results!

AgedLeatherCouch.jpg

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on these and ways to further tweak the materials!

Thanks!

It’s not too bad. I’m personally not a fan of the architecture here (I’m not the designer, just the artist). I wish there were some variation of the facade and the layout. But the illustrations are coming out really nicely so far so I’m happy with that. This is the first draft to the client so we’ll see what comments come back.

Is there a reason you need the OSX interface? Because if not you would be better off buying a Boxx or Puget Systems or something similar. Since you’ll be running Windows 10, you loose a lot of performance by running Bootcamp on a Mac Pro, and you’ll probably have a lot more flexibility regarding upgrades in the future if you go with a primarily Window system.

The Mac Pro is an amazing system, if you’re working with serious video production tasks, but the GPU limitations in OSX (it’s unfortunately AMD only) there’s a lot of problematic driver stuff you’ll need to deal with.

Just my two cents. The new Mac Pro is amazing! But only if you can harness the power in your own workflows. Otherwise you’ll just be paying for more system than you need.

That said, if you do get the Mac Pro, please post pics, it’s sooo damn pretty!

I'm afraid, Oculus Quest support will not happen any time soon. As stated above, you could use something like ALVR (which we don't officially support though) to stream Enscape into the Quest, but generally, the hardware would just not be capable enough for larger projects.

There'll be a lot more powerful standalone headsets coming in the future - I don't see a reason why we wouldn't support them eventually in some form. But right now, there is no standalone headset which could fully give you a decent Enscape VR experience.

Would there be a way to port the web uploads to something like the Oculus Quest?