Posts by Ted.Vitale

... completely independent from the renderer: How great it would be to be able to save SkUps entire working environment (including the trays, plugins, etc.) into different sets, which you can load then as desired, similar to Adobe CS does that. That alone would be a step in the right direction for any SkUp user ;)

Now you're just talking crazy lol

No. I've tried it with the latest version 2.5.1.9-g5aab020 and the 'hard outlines' still occur. I usually put my outlines at 3% to make the edges stand out a little bit, but the outlines render very thick. I reverted back to version 2.4.2.10-g5495b9a untill this get fixed.

Ive been working with support on the same issue Tom. They said theyre going to be adding some kind of convenient way to scale textures up and down depending on need. So im good with using 2.4 until that comes out.

That would require SU and Enscape to perfectly match views, not sure a 2 point perspective will work, and what Ted said.

All the more reason to fix the 2-Point Perspective bug! I know the developer who made it work for Chaos Group. Hes a free agent. He would be happy to help point you in the right direction @Enscape Team... Just sayin.

If it’s implemented correctly. I don’t use in-window rendering in V-Ray because I can’t clearly see the model below the rendering so I can’t make model edits.

If there’s a way to show linework and tool functionality through the render, I’m all for this feature!

only workaround is to not use asset library vegetation for reflective sufaces ....../sad/

Or anything with a transparent alpha channel. I’ve found that anything with a transparent background results in weird reflections.

Hi Thomas Schander I see that there is both a 2.5.1 and 2.5.1-Preview version. But the release notes say very little of what the "various bug fixes" actually are. Are there any more in-depth release notes about these versions? I'm having trouble with 2.5 and some material issues, but don't want to upgrade to something new that doesn't actually solve my problems.

Thanks!

Sure, I'll contact you via PM and give you the address.

Before 2.5 all textures were scaled to max 2048x2048px. If you've used 4k textures all the time - they were scaled down to 2048x2048, thus taking two times less RAM. I hope your model will give us an answer if it's RAM issue or something else.

It sounds like its a ram issue and at some point I'm just running out. Ill send along the model today.

Sending feedback from the scene now :)

Doesn't seem to want to send. Is there direct email that might be better to send the file?

I think Julio has the best example. Ill see if I can reproduce the same issue. Right now I'm using 2-4k textures in a medium sized scene and running into the black out texture issue shown above. Alexander Devaykin , I'm running a GTX 1080ti and if its a card RAM issue why would it occur in 2.5 and not 2.4, because of the new texture size limit being increased? I feel like the cap to resolution should be related to the available ram not a generalized limit.

Face me's should not appear in reflections at all. You can avoid this pattern by not using the vegetation material on the geometry in the mirror.

Some are face me others are just 2D flat components with the foliage material. But when I turn it into a dusk scene I want to see that light shine through the trees behind the camera.

well

it will be better to not reflect any of these asset vegetation because of that unhappy reflections and it can be done rather in PS .

can you just turn reflections off from AL vegetation until it will be done properly ?

The goal is visualization in Enscape and the Enscape team has made it clear I. The past their goal is to give good in scene results that they don’t feel the compositing workflow is one they intend to pursue (there are comments regarding this with screen matching issues).

That said I’d like to be able to have high quality reflections of what’s behind the camera. Maybe it’s an advance or capture toggle “enable high quality reflections in export”.

Lumion has a method for this where you choose what surface you want high quality reflections on. Not sure how Enscape might do it but it’s definitely necessary.