Posts by Ted.Vitale

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the update Thomas Willberger, I know you guys are working on it! You're doing a wonderful job developing the product quickly based on feedback. I believe our office is going to buy a couple of floating licenses this month. My director was absolutely blown away by the speed and quality you can get out of Enscape. Were definitely implementing it in our design workflows. Soon we will be using it more often in our ArchViz work as well.

We've had this issue in the past Micha. Most of the time its just a matter of getting the client to coordinate with the IT dep. to make sure the .exe is okayed on that users computer. Just an extra step that needs to get taken, but it happens a lot with any exe provided to the client.

This is where a web based walk-through is ideal.

benjaminriendeau Could you share an image of this with the Monochrome style in SketchUp enabled, I feel like this is an issue with frontside/backside face direction, which is why what Sidorenko points out, extruding a 3D form fixes the problem, by doing that you rectify the direction of the face of the geometry.

I definitely have to agree with Micha here, the car paint material is a bit bland. Most of the work I do really doesn't focus much on cars, so its not a problem, but it could be important in the future.

@Everybody who looses their materials. Do you all have V-Ray 3 installed? Because I suspect V-Ray being the culprit. When it loads a scene it does really dumb stuff with regard to material naming and I have had the same issues.

UPDATE: Ive managed to get things to match, but I manually have to size the Enscape view to match the SketchUp viewport Window, then set the Enscape resolution to "Window" and export that way. Things then lign up, but my resolution is so low I may not be able to use it.

I feel like this could all very quickly be remedied with a resolution choice that was "Custom" with a checkbox for "Match Viewport Aspect" or something to that effect?

Not sure yet. I looks like I'm going to have to use V-Ray for this one...

:rolleyes:

Thomas Willberger I'm pulling my hair out. right now trying to create composite images using Enscape and SketchUp. Stylistically, we do a lot of layering, and that requires very exact alignments with the SketchUp View-port aspect and I cant ever get Enscape to Match the aspect exactly, nothing ever aligns just right and I have no idea why?!

Attached is a screen shot showing what I'm talking about. I have the Synchronize Views enabled (but it seems that the FOV is wrong in Enscape?). I have a custom resolution set to match both applications, I just don't know what I'm missing. Im hoping you might be able to help and suggest a correct workflow or workaround. Otherwise its back to V-Ray for this project.

Thanks in advance!

Simon Weinberger, Would it be possible to have the proxies, when created, act the way imported components and objects typically behave when placed in a scene. Import> Select model> Place in scene.

Its incredibly hard to find imported proxy components in big models. They get completely lost in the SU components browser and its very time consuming finding them or creating an empty scene, importing the proxies and then copying them over.

Based on the speed at-which the Enscape team is developing at, I would have to disagree with you renderwiz.

Having dealt with project management and software development in the past, I can say, with out a doubt, the Enscape team is developing at a blistering rate getting user requests to market. I imagine a simple to use material editor is not far behind. Take a look at the trello page: https://trello.com/c/gOsXKsRP Its not top of the list, but its also most likely not the priority, since the number of users requesting it is limited. Remember, you and I and the rest of the users in this forum probably make up 1/1000 of the overall market for the product. While I'm sure our voices carry weight within the viz community, we may not necessarily be the primary focus of the development team.

Enscape does, what most designers and architects have wanted for a long time, an easy to use, visualization tool, inside their host application! And it does it extremely well.

Simon Weinberger, the emissive material issue is still persists in the current preview version: 2.0.2.971-g6627c41

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I didn't realize I had white mode activated. Disregard my emissive bug report...SMH

renderwiz It definitely looks like the team is working hard on a Material editor, and i'm sure it will be incredibly easy to use, as are all the tools they've provided so far have been.

Several people have taken their time on this forum to suggest ways to leverage that functionality for more advanced material editing in Sketchup, but apparently these are not being developed.

Give them time, I'm sure they are making great progress!

I have the same problem. I constantly have to offset and apply a different material (usually a dirt material) the edge of a mesh to prevent this. Not the worse workaround, since I have to do this with any scattered grass or grass element in other rendering applications. It would be nice to see some additional controls for the grass in the future though. Length, variation, falloff at edges etc...