Posts by EGIE

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

...just for your information - this Revo Uninstaller-thing worked well :thumbup: Our IT just solved this installing issue by using this recomended tool
    Thanks

...this entire topic is also an important concern for me.

Within the company all this is unproblematic, as we all access the same server structure within our own country.

But as soon as my company colleagues abroad are involved, the whole thing no longer works.

For a start, at least a project export directory generated from Enscape would be helpful - a directory in which all textures and maps as well as all the other resources used would be collected, such as IES files or HDRIs.

Ok, it's not christmas but at least easter is coming soon ;) so here's another wish: This "collection directory" should by default be automatically stored next to the CAD file in use...

Hello! Can you try first uninstalling Enscape using the steps from the thread below and then try re-installing the preview version?

RE: Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

...Thank you for your message Ilias Kapouranis :thumbup:

On the one hand, I don't really understand what exactly needs to be done or how and on the other hand, I'm not allowed to use such an uninstall tool on my company´s computer. (I deinstalled Enscape before by using Windows instead)

...thanks to All for your help :thumbup:

ok, I installed this latest preview "Enscape-4.0.0.560-preview6"
    - now Enscape has completely disappeared.
    - Not even Enscape´s icon bar is available within SketchUp now.
    - Enscape is also no longer listed as an extension in SketchUp´s extensions menu now.

Hi All
    can someone please tell me what the selectable setting PNG + Apply Alpha Channel is meant for?
    I assumed that the rendered PNG image would at least be a cutout, isolated from the background or at least a file that is actually equipped with an Alpha Channel...

... hmmmm, IES-profiles don't make sense with the other kind of light sources, that's why they aren't to connect to for example sphere lights or rectangular lights.

Hi

In at least 80% of my renderings, edges get rendered with a weird reddish-violet-orange overglow.

This behaviour never disappears completely, but increases significantly as soon as I use outlines, and increases in proportion to the outline thickness.
    This behaviour only occurs in "normal" render mode but so far not in white mode.

Does anyone know this phenomenon and does anyone have an idea how I can prevent this behaviour?

Hi
    just to rule out a typical source of error in this context: please also check that Sketchup itself does not cause a quality reduction beforehand.
    ( ;)I'm sure you've already checked this setting within SketchUp but this has happened to me from time to time for example by starting with any wrong SketchUp template)

thanks Demian Gutberlet - this helped ;)
    (I´m still running 3.4.1 which, at least for me, is the most stable running version so far)
    ;)

for forgetful users like me and to make things more convenient:

how about offering any button at this point which leads the user directly to this searched user loggin instead of letting the user search?

Hi All - I already asked this but can not find this post ;)
    while I am constantly logged in within Enscapes uploadmanagement page Enscape software itself reports I am not logged in - how or where do I have to login?
    And so my panoramas remain untraceable for me ;) (or is there a setting that I remain constantly logged in)

thanks for your question Kevin Mendenhall - this is a most important topic for me as well...
    (and when you work together with colleagues from the field of colour design, the scope of possible seasons, times of day or usable HDRIs becomes very narrow - all this even long before you can even show your work to any client ;) )

What you can do is setup a preset (or several) and save them into your SketchUp template.

This is actually... genius! I hadn't thought of that, thank you!
    So this must mean that a .skp file can contain information from Enscape yeah? In this case visual settings?

Thanks Paul Russam !! :thumbup:

and ViggoPaulman , you are right! - "This is actually... genius!" ;) I also have determined so many things in my SkUp template, but I didn't come up with this idea either. :thumbup::D

...I don't agree with you either Demian Gutberlet - For example switching off the camera synchronisation always causes any untraceable "camera jump" to anywhere within Enscape which is somehow random but in any case always unwanted by the user...
    (I've written about this so many times - why doesn't Enscape's camera stay exactly where it is when we switch off camera synchronisation? Without this strange behaviour we would at least have preserved a CAD scene-synchronous cameraview which would often be so important for our downstream workflows)