Posts by scottjm

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Demian,

Thanks for your response.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'the provided solution differs compared to what is usually advised when installing Enscape on multiple machine due to limitations from ArchiCAD's side'?

The only way that I can think of a workaround to resolve my issue is to pre-add the required regkeys to the Default user, or having a GPO run that adds the required regkeys when a new user signs in.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi,

We are experiencing a continuing issue with deploying enscape to users across our office.

We install Enscape with the All Users option to ensure it gets installed in Program Files.

The enscape menu toolbar and addon gets installed successfully for Archicad for the currently logged in user.

However, if a different user that has never logged on that computer, logs on, when they start Archicad the menu toolbar is not present, and the addon is not loaded.

I have nailed this down to the the way that Enscape installs and loads the addon for Archicad.

Instead of adding the required addon apx files for the Enscape addon to the Archicad Program Files install folder like other plugins, a link to the Enscape apx folder is instead added to this registry here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\GRAPHISOFT\Archicad\Archicad 26.0.0 AUS R1\Add-On Manager\Include. Note this this is a user specific registry key, not a Local Machine reg key.

Additionally the Enscape installer will only add this registry key to other users that exist on the computer if the main HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\GRAPHISOFT\Archicad\Archicad 26.0.0 AUS R1\ already exists, and this key only gets created after Archicad is first run.

So the issue is that when a new user logs onto a computer for the first time, even if Archicad and Enscape were already installed on the computer, there are no user specific registry keys present for that new user that tells Archicad to load the Enscape addon apx files from the Enscape install folder in Program Files.

The only way for us to get Archciad to load the Enscape addon for this newly logged on user is to re-run the enscape installer for this user.

This is particularly frustrating when our IT provider sets up a new computer utilising their administrator login to install Archicad and Enscape. But we still need to re-run the enscape installer separately for each user once they login to the computer.

This is an issue for all version of Archicad and all recent versions of Enscape (v3.x and v4.0).

Any assistance on a way to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Graphisoft having a very comprehensive training portal at https://learn.graphisoft.com/. The the entry level training programs are free to access and are very comprehensive.

I have been using Archicad for nearly 15years and find it very intuitive.

As other said, if you've never used a BIM platform before it may be a bit daunting - but once you get a handle on the concepts it's very powerful.

ArchiCAD is primarily developed for Architects, but the last couple of releases have had a strong increase in functionality for Structural and MEP consultants.

Hi,

I'm wondering if it possible to edit the settings of multiple materials at once,

And also whether it's possible to bulk export material packages of all the materials you have configured in a project?

Thanks,

Scott