Posts by Andrii Mogylnyi

Hi! That's a very interesting thread!

But since a couple of months have already passed, I'd ask if there are any definitive approvements from Enscape Team about the RTX full potential realization?

I am looking now at a bunch of new coming out laptops with RTX and trying to evaluate, how much sence does it make to invest in this now?

As everyone else I am just looking forward to get the solutions for the old real-time rendering problems.

@Demian Gutberlet, that is inspiring to know, that you take this topic into account.

Concerning possible implementation of Enscape-Hololens combination: the company, where I work, mostly develops the projects of exhibition stands of all possible scales. Sometimes architecture. And I find it very useful to give the customers a chance to go through the high-quality rendered 3D Model of their project directly in the real environment ( the exhibition hall or the street). I guess it would mean to take out the environment or make it invisible. And there should be a possibility to controll the origin point. I don't know how far it is possible within Enscape, but that's the way, that I can imagine.

Hi @Demian Gutberlet, thank you a lot for your answer. It's exactly, what I was hoping to hear. I am using HTC Vive now and am intending to use the full connection between Rhino, Enscape and VR Glasses further on. So the information about HTC Cosmos is very valuable for me.

At the same time I am hoping to start using Hololens in the nearby future, and would be glad to know, if you have in agenda any developments for suppoting this device? I have tried one Plug-in "Fologram" for Rhino Grasshopper. It connects Rhino through Grasshopper with Hololens in Real-Time. And it gives some quite interesting new abilites for design processes and presentations.

Hi,

I've seen, that there was an attempt to open the topic about Oculus Quest, and that there was not a lot to say.

But now it seems that the tendency is moving to the stand-alone devices. I guess, Oculus Quest and HTC Cosmos are only the beginning. Soon will come Hololens 2.

Is there any certainty in the developer's team about whether Enscape is going to adapt to such devices? I can only imagine, how hard it is to make such adaptations and I have no intention to put any pressure on the developers. But any definite information would be very helpful, as I'm trying to define, which newly coming hardware makes more sence to work on with.

-Best,

Andrii

Hi,

I have got a strange behavior of the simple Frosted Glass Material in Rhino. There are three identical simple geometries (i created one and then copied it), to which I gave the same Frosted Glass Material. When these geometries are under direct sunlight, they look almost the same (which is also strange), but when I have a ceiling, thay start to look very differently. See the attached images.

I am using:

Rhino Version 6 SR11 (6.11.18344.20091, 10.12.2018)

Enscape Version: 2.4.1

Best,

Andrii

It at the bottom of the favorite view manager. Be careful, during the batch process different lens length are ignored and so it can be that you don't get the same results like per manual screen shooting.

A question to Enscape Team:

will it be possible someday to controll the Field of View for Batch Render? It would really help to save time, when I have to make a lot of views.

Hi JACK.Z

I've also tried to render animation. The problem is, that Enscape needs some time to adapt itself to the changes. So in order for this to work, you need to make Rhino wait a bit. In my case it was a movement of a plattform in z axes. I've made a button for that. For me it worked, but it took really a lot of time to render frame by frame. You can take my mix of scripting and Macros and adapt it for your need:

_Repeat

_Move

_EnscapeStartCommand

_-RunScript

(Option Explicit

Call Main()

Sub Main()

Rhino.Sleep 10000

End Sub)

_EnscapeTakeScreenshotCommand

_-RunScript

(Option Explicit

Call Main()

Sub Main()

Rhino.Sleep 20000

End Sub)

@Micha Thank you for the advice. But I have found one more alternative:

I mark the views in Enscape View Manager (with the stars), so that I can choose them in Enscape Viewport. And I turn off the synchronization between Rhino and Enscape viewports. But I have to remember the Field of View, which I manually give in Enscape Settings for every Rhino View. In order to remember, I just write it in the view name.

But of course this is still not solving the problem 100% and gives more chances for making mistakes in workflow.

So I'm still looking forward for the solution from Enscape Team.

Hi everyone!

I have an issue with Enscape Screenshots. I have a named view set up in Rhino and use it to make Screenshots in Enscape. But I have noticed, that the Screenshot depends on the propotion of Rhino Viewport. So that, when I move the border of the Properties Panel, it affects the Enscape Screenshot too. This thing totally messes my work, when I have to make the same views once I have changes in the project. Or when someone else has to save the same views on another computer with another Rhino Viewport propotion.

Could you please tell me, if there is a way to hold the Enscape view dependant on Rhino Named Views and at the same time independant on the Viewport propotion? Or is it something, that is not there yet?

The example screens are attached

Hi,

first of all I want to say, that Enscape is really impressing. The more I work in it, the less I want to use other Plug-Ins. Still from time to time I face different problems. Most of them are already described by others. But now I've got a problem, that makes me switch to another Plug-In:

I have an issue with the Mirror. It just doesn't reflect the transparent objects. This topic is crucial for my project.

Is it something, you are going to fix in the nearest future?