Posts by jwal485

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Love the new glass material, applied the Difuse to the bump and gave me a nice uneven refraction. Completed a church a few weeks back I wish this was available then. Also the ray traced artifitial lights is a game changer for me. As a lighting designer acurate rendition of ies files is of the highest importance.

We have noticed significant visual issues when using Enscape 4.0 to connect to a Meta Quest 3 VR headset.

There are serious rendering quality glitches when moving around the model, and it takes more than a few seconds for any shapes to be redrawn when movement stops. We tested Medium, High, and Ultra quality and with each level the issues were progressively worse.

Has this been addressed in v4.1?

For clarity - we did not experience these issues when using Enscape 3.5 and Steam VR to connect to the Meta Quest 3 .

Have you tried turning off the Ray Traced Artifitial light option. This is a very heavy option to have on.

I think I will stick with Enscape, there maybe animated characters in D5 but they are very poor quality and plastic looking, especially the girl floating above the water crawling.

I was watching Chaos unboxed the other day and one of the speakers said at 16:48 that you are adding support for modile GPU's and mobile viewing.

Does these mean that we will be able to load Enscape standalones to Quest 3 headsets without the need for computer? Because that would be awsome.

I know this is an old post but, the best way I have found to use the quest wirelessly is using "Virtual desktop' much better than AirLink. Also I baught a WiFi 6 router and placed it close to my VR space which also improves the quality of the experience. Can say anyting about the GPU as I have a now old RTX2070.

What Happended to preview build Wednesdays.

I used to look forward the a new preview popping up now and again.

Whats going on? is Enscape so complete or are we going to see some new features soon.

Nothing much as changed on the portal for a while

To be honest, Enscape is a great program for fast rendering. It would be great if they added weather conditions, snow and rain, as well as several animated 3D models similar to those in D5, Lumion and Twinmotion. Unfortunately, at the moment these functions are missing in Escape, and this is really sad. We can only hope that the developers will take such suggestions into account in the future and improve the program even more.

Agree! Enscape does seem to be getting a little left behind in some areas and new features have been few and far between of late. I still prefer Enscape's ease of use.

How can I achieve a "wave" effect on a Revit wall surface- like a corrugated iron sheet?

I use the inbuilt revit Material called Corrugated, Works well with a few tweaks. Its under Siding in the Aprearance library. Below is the bump for it.

And if you can lookm at it for more that 5 seconds you are a better man than me.

In my day-to-day work, I frequently need to rotate assets by 90, 180, or 270 degrees. While working in Revit, I've found that pressing the space key is a quick and easy way to rotate an asset by 90 degree increments. It would be fantastic if this feature could be implemented in Enscape as well, using a different key since space is already in use.

Sometimes it's not immediately clear which direction an asset is facing, so I have to apply it to my design and then rotate it to get the right orientation. It would be great if Enscape could add a small marker to the front edge of assets to make this process easier.

These are simple features that could greatly improve our workflow, and I believe they would be easy to implement. It's the little improvements like these that can make a big difference in streamlining our work.

Despite these suggestions, I still believe that Enscape is the most user-friendly option for real-time rendering. Keep up with the great work, Looking forward to seeing how the Vray integration woks out.