Posts by Nick Curtis

I find myself creating video, using key frames, traveling from a large area to a small area, and wishing the field of view could get wider or narrower as the video progresses. This would really help capture more of a project in a single shot! And anyone out there wanting to replicate Alfred Hitchcock's camera techniques could have a field day. 😄

I'm finding the way the presets are saved and created in 3.0 less functional than before. I really don't appreciate the current preset being overwritten while you adjust it. It's like writing a word document, and the changes automatically get saved into the file, then you have no way to go back and see the previous version. I want to have the changes committed only when I intentionally save it. I would also like the save to behave as before, where a new preset is made from the temporary settings. I do NOT want the default settings each time I make a new preset.

Agree with both of these 100%.

Still hoping to see this coming to Esncape soon. We need an 'update view' button that updates the camera and sun position of a saved view. It's silly we have to create new views over and over and over again.

Couldn't agree with this more. After saving a view, I always want to, from within Escape, update the camera location and/or time of day.

These things are difficult to change from within Revit once the view is created.

Vignette, in past discussion, had a few possible approaches.

Approach 01: which was accepted, used a black-only vignette. The vignette uses a slider for intensity/transparency and has fixed geometry.

possible upgrade(s):

Approach 02 (simplest upgrade): Still use a slider for intensity/transparency, still use a fixed geometry, but give an option to select what COLOR the vignette is. The color we would most often use (besides black) would be white when fading out to white media or backgrounds.

Approach 03 (more complex): As was suggested, use an image as an overlay. Still use a slider for intensity/transparency. Among other benefits, this would allow the user: 1. to change the shape of the vignette (ie. more masking on the image sides) 2. add foreground effects such as rain or snow.

Cheers from the Midwest USA.

I up vote the request for Revit procedural texture support. Procedural Texture generation in Revit is growing in capability and use, and is in many cases quicker to create and can bypass the need for an image map (noise,tiles, stripes). 👍

Probably difficult to acheive, but would be awesome if Enscape could talk to Dynamo, specifically to value sliders. There is a package for Dynamo right now called Dynanimater that allows one to cycle through a slider's values, saving a screen image or rendering for each increment value. Allows for video compositing after.

This approach could really sing as all the various geometry placement methods within Dynamo could be animated, with an Enscape image associated with each state. So in effect you would be Changing the Model, not merely viewing it from a moving path. ^^

While having the ability to animate object locations and orientations natively within the scene via key frames would be the ultimate goal, being able to Animate Revit Global Parameters would also be powerful.

Object paths could be created within Revit and Adaptive-Point-based objects could be hosted to those paths with their location parameters, even rotation parameters, tied to a numeric global parameter. :thumbsup:. Even family Type and Instance Parameters can be linked to global parameters. POWERFUL.:thumbup: