Posts by landrvr1

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

3.1 is way too visually glitchy for me. Going back to 3.

Couldn't even run with DLSS turned on because of the ghosting (already reported), and very odd effects on my PNG background edges (especially trees) whenever I'd start moving.

No matter what the settings combo, there's massive flickering that occurs on glass reflections from light fixture sources when inside a space. For instance, rows of linear light lenses within an office space (white with some self illumination) flicker madly on the exterior glass when moving around the space.

My NVIDIA driver is current.

Okay, new development/discovery:

I previously thought that I had to have the Enscape render window running in order to get the error but that's not the case. It just happened without the render window being open...

Seems at this point this should be pretty easy error to replicate. Any info, Rick?

Hey Rick, that's going to be an enormous challenge and just not possible because at this point I have dozens upon dozens of proxy files referenced into my main project. However, I made an interesting discovery which may be of help (or not, lol).

First, a recap:

This error seems to happen after I've been doing work in other instances of SketchUp that I have open, or perhaps if I've been doing heavy FBX importing or work in my main SketchUp file. When I close the file and restart, I can once again import proxy objects into the scene without issue.

Today, however, I discovered that IT'S ONLY SKETCHUP 2021 FILES that will give me the error. When I import something that was saved ages ago with a previous version, it comes in just fine. Even when I save a 2021 file as 2020, I can bring that in without an error.

So.... I'm not sure what this really tells us but at least it's some new info.

I just started experiencing this problem last week. I'll be working (on a very light scene, low polys, etc) and my screen will go black and the GPU fan kicks into high gear. I then have to do a force shut down. It's happened 4 times just today....

Reading this brief thread, I'm not convinced Enscape is the problem - but I do believe it's the trigger.

I've owned my new Boxx for about 45 days, and everything has performed flawlessly. I've not added any new software, updated drivers, etc. My spec has remained exactly the same. There's been no Windows10 updates for at least several weeks.

Spec:
    (2) Xeon Gold 6226R 2.9GHz

128GB RAM

RTX8000

With that kind of horsepower we can eliminate the GPU or any part of the system becoming overburdened. Everything points to a hardware failure of some kind - most likely in the GPU itself. Software doesn't just magically start causing crashes if absolutely nothing gets updated or changed. However, Enscape has always been running during the black outs, but that doesn't mean Enscape is at fault. Enscape, more than any other process, is going to heat up the GPU. If there's any kind of failure (like eroding or not enough thermal paste), that increased heat will likely trigger the crash.

I'm working the rest of the day on stuff that doesn't require Enscape. Let's see if I have another crash. I'll report back what I find out for anyone else in the future that might experience the same issue.

By the way, Boxx customer service has been excellent. They are ready to replace my RTX8000 immediately to eliminate that as a possible cause....

Importing files absolutely creates a proxy when you use the Linked Model button in Enscape.

There are two ways that proxies exist in SketchUp files using Enscape:

1. Select the object (group/component), right click, and select 'save as external model'. That object is now a proxy.

2. Use the Linked Model button in Enscape to insert an external SketchUp file into the scene. That external file is now a proxy.

The second method is causing the error at certain times.

I'm noticing that after creating a SketchUp file that I intend on inserting as a proxy, I get an error message when I go into my main file and try and import that newly created object as a proxy.

Even after closing the new SketchUp file that I just created, I still get the error.

I have to completely close my main SketchUp file, then restart. The insert works fine at that point.

Running 3.0.2

Where does this specific wrong bitmap come from? I assume it's from one of the proxies?

Is it always the same materials that behave this way or is that not fixed either? Also in that regard, once it's broken does it stay broken for the same material between closing and starting sketchup again?

I've tried reproducing it myself with a few proxies but haven't had any luck so far.

You are correct. The problem bitmaps come from a proxy within the scene. Take the proxy out, the problem goes away.

When the problem happens, it's always the same proxy. However, when I delete the proxy from the scene that clearly contains the offending bitmap, a DIFFERENT bitmep will show up (from a different proxy) in its place.

Lately the problem remains....regardless of restarts, bitmap reassignments and saving, etc. I fix it. Close SketchUp. Re-open. The problem is still there. However, there are absolutely times WHEN THE ISSUE RESOLVES ITSELF and I've done absolutely nothing on my end to fix it.

This is the most frustrating part of the bug. It's never repeatable outside of specific user systems. Haven't found a single post where this issue is reported and someone was able to replicate the problem.

There's some common variable there amongst people who have reported the issue. Finding that variable has proved impossible.

I've continued testing...repeating the same processes across multiple test scenes. So far everything indicates that only when proxies are in the scene is the problem occurring. It doesn't matter how many proxies, or how large. The problem happens when there's hundreds of proxies, or a single (tiny) proxy.

Adam, that was an interesting idea but unfortunately had no affect.

I deleted all proxy models in my scene. Did a full model purge, saved, and closed. Restarted everything.
    The problem went away entirely.

rifkin mentioned this earlier in the thread, and I'm certain I've seen this behavior in models without proxies, but at least it confirms that proxy models in the scene could certainly be the problem.

I feel it's worth mentioning again that when I take this scene and turn those pavers into a proxy object, the bitmap swapping issue disappears. This is a clue to solving the deeper mystery! lol.

New Info:

I deleted the SketchupTextures folder from the Temp folder on my C drive, then fired up SketchUp and Enscape.

The SketchupTextures folder was recreated as expected, BUT THE BITMAP CONFLICT WAS STILL THERE.