Posts by hollers

Agreed, but in the same way we’d also never use Navis for anything visual, I’d never use Enscape for “BIM”. You can’t select objects in Enscape can you? So essentially it’s just a list of what’s in the model - I already have that in Revit. I’m genuinely curious what the workflow is that it’s supposed to support?

Bit puzzled as to what the feature is intended to be used for? It’s nowhere near the level of Navisworks type programmes in terms of BIM workflow, so I’m unclear when it would actually be useful.

Lots of crashes trying to render in Ultra at HD resolution or above. Tried switching off RTX but doesn't appear to make any difference. Using the latest Nvidia Studio drivers for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080. Previously was able to render at Ultra and Ultra HD resolution with Enscape-2.6.2+15363.

Hi Demian,

It would allow us more control in post production. By assigning the “transparency” export to an alpha channel in photoshop I’d be able to select the pixels of the Enscape render with a transparency mask and slide in a background without loosing reflections or sheen on glass.

If you refer to the image below - it’d be difficult to add a cityscape background in here as there is a view through the building facade. The transparency channel would make the process much simpler.

Likewise, say I render a car with a white background then want to drop it onto a black background it’d allow the reflection on the car windscreen to be preserved without having to mask out all the views through the glass.

(alternatively you might just add “black background” to the options - similar to the existing “white background” - but that’s a different request!)

I appreciate it’s niche but it’s a workflow that used to exist in Maxwell and VRay and a function that I’d imagine would be relatively simple to add, given we already have raster exports for depth, material, ID, etc...

Using the Revit plugin, the raster export functions are great for photoshop work - would it also be possible to have a "transparency" export though?

This would show 100% opaque elements as white, empty space as black (or vice versa) and transparent objects as shades of grey in between - using the Revit material transparencies?
    A window with one sheet of glass would be say 30% grey, whereas looking through one window and then through another window beyond would give 60% grey? This would give me something really useful to use as an alpha channel.

Hi,

Just tried the latest preview - Is there any way to save the camera location (including zoom/crop) of the orthographic view back to Revit? Its disabled in orthographic mode.

If I switch to perspective and save the view, I find that when I return to Orthographic, I'm always zoomed-in on the model. So far I can't find any trick to recreate exactly the same zoom/crop - its therefore near impossible to recreate the same scale render export of the building elevation. Its quite important for us to be able to reproduce like-for-like versions of the images we export.

Thanks for the responses...

Couple of follow-up questions/requests:

1/. The number pad views work great - it would be helpful if we could we also use keys 7,9,1,3 as isometric style views - number 1: looking down from the top left, number 3: looking down from top right, etc... Alternatively, something similar to the view cube in Revit would be even better!.

2/. Is there any way to save the orthographic view back to Revit? Its disabled in orthographic mode. If I switch to perspective and save the view, I find that when I return to Orthographic, I'm always zoomed-in on the model. So far I can't find any trick to recreate exactly the same zoom/crop - its therefore near impossible to recreate the same scale render export of the whole building. Its quite important for us to be able to reproduce like-for-like versions of the images we export.

3/. Kaj, the raster export functions are great for photoshop - would it also be possible to have a "transparency" export? This would show 100% opaque elements as white, empty space as black and transparent objects as shades of grey in between? A window with one sheet of glass would be say 30% grey, whereas looking through one window and then through another window beyond would give 60% grey? This would give me something really useful to use as an alpha channel.

Great job so far though - its great to see requests actually being implemented.

Hi,

Just been experimenting with the new preview and in particular the orthographic views.

Please see attached where we have a similar view in orthographic and two-point perspective (with the camera angle very narrow to simulate a similar view) - it looks like the environment is switched off in the orthographic mode (?), this means we do not get the sky reflections in the glass. Is it possible to maintain the environment settings so the orthographic has the same quality as the perspective?