Posts by KMarren

Awesome vegetation. Great work!

You selected Revit as your tool for this thread? Must be Sketchup, right?

I wish it was Revit, but I don't think that's quite possible yet. At least not without having insanely heavy geometry within the model. (custom assets....hint.hint.) :)

More coniferous trees. The ones currently in the library aren't the greatest for representing trees where the branches go all the way to the ground / smaller height ones. I've been half embedding them in the ground which isn't the greatest option.

Also winter trees. Just a small handful would be nice that could be quickly replaced in a scene.

It is on our agenda for our next release, first for Revit as it has currently the worst solution.

We want to release it around October.

Did this ever happen? You were mentioning October of last year for being able to use our own proxies out of Revit. Which as far as I'm aware is still a no go.

+1 Not sure if possible, but some form of workflow that allows for Displacement maps out of Revit would be awesome. Not sure the logistics of this as there is no displacement map slot in Revit. Maybe it can be implemented into the bump map somehow depending upon intensity.

I have been testing the latest preview versions of Enscape 2.6.1 on two separate buildings. Both are relatively heavy Revit files. Though everything is pretty cleanly modeled with no crazy families (all in house modeled). One of the buildings is fairly new in schematic design and has only been used with Enscape 2.6 and beyond. This file seems to work fine with RTX in the latest two preview versions. The other building has been floating around for a while and has worked perfectly with all versions of Enscape up until the latest two releases; When RTX was enabled. The file now crashes frequently. It will be working fine then just stop responding. This is better than in version 4 when I couldn't even get a render out of it. But it's still odd that it crashes. As If I run any other version of Enscape pre the last two releases Enscape runs fine.

I'm running an RTX 2080 Graphics card and am using Enscape out of Revit 2019.

I am running the latest studio Nvidia drivers as of November 6.

I understand there are stability issues with preview versions, I just don't know why the added RTX functionality has made one of my files so unstable while it hasn't affected another one.

Unfortunately I can't send the files for public disclosure reasons.

1) People definitely. More variety, for weather, ethnicity, age etc. Also different poses. (Also as a tag filter could you add seated. Would help sorting)

2) Planting and Trees (Winter trees, or the ability to turn off leaves or something / change leaf colour), green walls, bushes etc.

As an architecture firm we are generally working with Enscape straight out of Revit, so focusing on the assets that can't be done (well) with families is of the highest priority.

I've recently been looking at the new Microsoft flight simulator coming out next year with its impressive cloud and sky rendering capabilities. How difficult would it be to implement a more comprehensive sky system into Enscape? With more dynamic sky'd and weather conditions. Right now the sky isn't the greatest in comparison to what is being done in the game industry.

Weather systems would also be an amazing add, with rain and snow. I'd say this is secondary to getting a better looking and more dynamic sky rendering, but would be a very nice to have.

This is something the new versions of Lumion are doing quite well.

Please add an ultra extreme setting or something for pro users. Performance with an RTX 2080 graphics card is already really good. I want visual fidelity for stills. The convenience of running everything quick out of Revit is really convenient but the quality of stills is still very much lacking. I haven't tested the new RTX release (will be doing so shortly) but from the sounds of it, there isn't the bump in quality that the community has been hoping for.

I have since tested the latest release. And there is an improvement to the amount of items reflected but it still isn't quite perfect. For example some trees will reflect but without their leaves etc. or some objects especially on more complex Revit models are culled out in the reflections. Hopefully in future releases this will continue to get better. I love the progress though.

Please add an ultra extreme setting or something for pro users. Performance with an RTX 2080 graphics card is already really good. I want visual fidelity for stills. The convenience of running everything quick out of Revit is really convenient but the quality of stills is still very much lacking. I haven't tested the new RTX release (will be doing so shortly) but from the sounds of it, there isn't the bump in quality that the community has been hoping for.

Not related to that. In the end, we'll provide an enormous amount of assets in the future (about 2000-3000 by the end of this year) so a dedicated Archvision subscription would, I'd say in most cases, not even be necessary. ;) Being able to implement your own models into the Asset library is a complex technical process though development wise, so it's just that we focus on other things right now. :)

Any thought to seasonality for some of the assets? I'd love to be able to have some winter trees or changing leaf colour options.

I think being able to make and use your own assets would take Enscape to another level for artists and designers.

What I've done is taken the Enscape tree's Enscape ID and height parameters and added them to my offices standard tree family. Then created types with the different Enscape Id's as per the tree type I wanted. This allows the tree families to be replaced by the better Enscape trees, while maintaining a more Revit appropriate family.

It has been confirmed - RTX is disabled in initial release 2.6 due to stability issues. Once we (and Nvidia) have sorted it out, RTX will be enabled in a hotfix release.

Is there a rough timeline for this, or is it a remains to be seen sort of deal?

Also is there anyway that we can push settings beyond Ultra? I've worked with Unreal Engine in the past and there was a way to edit files to increase settings further. Even with large scale projects my computers RTX2080 is barely breaking a sweat and would like to push things further.

Also not sure if this is related, but I'm working out of Revit and notice that my textures in the project are lower resolution than their source files. I thought texture sizes had been increased in a past update, but I haven't noticed much of an improvement.

One additional note, is there a way to create our own proxies for Enscape out of Revit? I have done some custom families with Enscape ID's, but it would be great to be able to use some of my own higher poly objects and trees. My office has a large collection of resources and I would love to be able to make use of some of these in Revit and Enscape.

Keep up the good work, I think Enscape is moving in the right direction.

Hey,

While exporting a panorama in certain areas of my model I am having the render change exposures, even with auto exposure turned off. Its resulting in a sharp line of different lighting within the image.

Why is this happening? It looks awful and auto exposure is unchecked.

I recently upgraded from Enscape 2.2.something to 2.3.3.0

As a part of this change I noticed that how glossiness and reflections work using Revit materials has changed in a rather negative way,

Glossiness now seems to pretty much entirely control the quantity of reflection, why the Reflection parameter does essentially nothing.

Thus materials with separate glossiness and reflection maps don't function properly. This additionally results in materials with reflection turned off and glossiness set to a default value, to appear reflective.

I don't know if this change was intentional, but its very counter intuitive and degrades material complexity.

Was hoping to get some more information in regards to this.

thanks.