Posts by Zenoardelean

I am having a small notice but it seems to be a big or inconvenient issue.

When I change or adjust material color or texture serveral times, Enscape seems to not sync the latest adjustment until I press start button again (while enscape is opening). This is really annoying me because, for such a big project, everytime I start enscape or press start button again then I have to wait more than 5'.

It seems that Enscape is not updating slowly with Archicad or something else.

Do you guys have this issue?

When this happens, I just move the objects that don't want to update. Drag them in 3d, undo, enjoy.

Hi there.

You can use IES lighting in Archicad. You can also change the light cone by yourself. Frow what I've seen, you have to increase the intensity to at least 130 to get some good lighting, even if you tweak the intensity inside the Enscape menu.

Thanks a lot for the feedback Gadget , Zenoardelean , you can download some of the mentioned grids to be used as an overlay here.

I've also attached a basic grid for you to test with this reply. :) If this is already sufficient to you, without requiring this as a dedicated feature let me know! Otherwise I'll leave the feature request filed.

So cool! I didn't know about it! Thanks!

It would be nice to have a camera grid in order to better use proportions in the final render. The same thing we have in Enscape's video editor.

Thanks for the tips. The workflow seems easy. The only thing you cannot do is set an HDRI in Enscape using this approach. Am I right?

Good point, Tikos. I think it's doable, but

1. my Enscape does not let me rename the views. So I get lost in all the views.

2. Enscape uses the same set of settings for all the projects. So even if I can somehow get over the renaming bug, I have to navigate through lots and lots of saved settings entries.

One workaround is using the keyframes of the Enscape's video as still images. This means every project has a saved Enscape camera path. And I get rid of the clutter. Still, it does not help with the 2 point perspective issue.

I think what DGD-Duane is trying to say is that we need to have custom viewpoints.

Let me try to go deeper. Imagine we have to render different rooms in a house, and also exterior perspectives. The living room, let's say, looks better in a summer day scene, and we want the render to be 4k. On the other hand, the bathroom needs a brighter interior light and a wider angle. Then we have an exterior perspective where we want a 2 point perspective, 1080p, sunset scene.

In Enscape we have all these settings, but they are not attached to the Archicad cameras. It would help if Enscape had all these settings attached to each Archicad saved cameras. Going back to my examples, when I switch from the living room perspective to the exterior one while the Enscape sync is on, the exterior perspective is not a 2 point perspective anymore. And Enscape uses the previous' image interior lighting.

Now imagine if this is a work in progress and the client wants minor changes to the current phase. We have to set the lighting, the cone of view and the 2 point perspective again. Which kind of defeats the purpose.

TL;DR It would be nice if Enscape had lighting and camera settings attached to the Archicad saved cameras.

Hi - maybe due to my lack of English I don't really grasp exactly what you recommend here ;) especially:

#4 - "change all your complex textures in Photoshop ... you do not step out of the line with the gradations"
    #6 "...forget my tips"

Hi, Egie.

English is not my mother tongue either. I will try to explain a bit

4. Some of the textures I used were not the default ones from Archicad. Take the facade tiles for example. I added the texture in Archicad, but Enscape made the texture look to dark. So I had to adjust the levels of the texture in Photoshop. I basically brightened it. Most of the textures have to be adjusted (brightened from what I've seen) in Photoshop.

6. I tried to suggest you forget all my tips as soon as Enscape comes up with a material editor for Archicad.

Hello, everyone.

I attempted to make a somewhat more detailed exterior rendering in Enscape. I have the following suggestions:

1. Use HDRs. They work great with Enscape.

2. Tweak the HDRs until the lighting of the sky looks credible.

3. Change all the plaster materials to about 15-30% grey. This is the white we see everyday.

4. Change all your complex textures in Photoshop (concrete, stone, etc) and make sure you do not step out of the line with the gradations.

5. Create an Archicad template with all your tweaked materials basic materials.

6. Wait patiently for the Enscape's material editor and then forget my tips.

7. Use complex profiles, articulations and small seams/gaps between materials. Enscape's lighting works really good with them.

Bugs:

I have never achieved to change the texture mapping orientation in Enscape (in order to show as in does in Archicad).

Feel free to C&C.

Cheers!

Yes, I can, @Simon_Weinberger.

1. In Archicad the lamps have an intensity slider and also you can select the shape of the light. The slider settings are not that sensitive in Enscape.

2. In Archicad I have the IES Light option. The shape of the light does not change in Enscape.

3. In Archicad The lamps can be 360° or less. Enscape does not recognize these settings.

4. The light coming from the sky (skydome, heliodon, etc), cannot be tweaked in Enscape.

5. If the sun is covered by clouds, the light would look softer in Enscape. Maybe it would be nice if we had some slider in Enscape in the Sky Orb Brightness that controls the heliodon intensity.

Thank you!