Posts by Arno

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

one more remark

there was a Bamboo... this was the same as Bamboo 001

at one point Enscape changed some of the naming of a few Assets.

unfortunatly the new name did not give it a Revision..

also not all elements have Tags, would have been nice if this element had at least the tag Bamboo..

i love that the library is expanding rapidly but there are still a lot of improvements to be made.

for now i made a script..

it reads all the sjon files from my offline Enscape Asset library and the elements in my library Revit file

With a different script i added a few parameters to my excisisting elements in my library Revit file..

i will adjust the planting family template so that these parameters will be in when i place new items.
    %localappdata%\programs\Enscape\Data\RevitFamilies

i extract the Name, Category, Id, Tags and Revision from the sjon files

i am then comparing the Id's from the sjon files with the Id's from my project.

when i have Id's in my project that are not in the sjon files, then those elements will be turned Red

the sjon information is pushed to the parameters in the other elements

then in the script it gives me a list of the names of Assets not yet placed in the library Revit file

i also build in that it will compare the Revision number with the Revision of the elements in the library Revit file.
    And it will turn those elements yellow so i know i need to update those.

this is a work flow that i can use until Enscape descides to push all info of the library Assets also into the Revit element.

I like to have a file of each category of the asset library so i can quickly import the needed assets into my project,

this is a very nice workflow especially when working with dynamo scripts for placing objects.

Luckily Enscape is expanding it's library quickly with each release.
    But that also makes it harder to keep the files up-to-date.

Especially because the data from the object isn't transferred to Revit. Enscape is a library with data and Revit is a database.

but when i look at the properties of an Enscape asset, there is not much there.

But when i read the sjon file of the object i get a lot more data.

why isn't the Revision, description, the category and tags not exported into the Revit family.

The data is right there... it would make it so much easier to see if you have your files up to date.

as an extra note: it would be nice if the sitting people would also have a parameter of the height that they are sitting.
    and that chairs would have their seating height.
    That way we could easily program that people would sit on chairs made for their height.

we are working with databases, please get us the ability to work with these databases.

i never use in place families...
    So it is a shared loaded familie into a familie and then into the project. (in this example)

but i can't see how or what enscape renders... Phil you say try this, but i can't check preformance...
    But i would love to know these kind of things what is best to render..

so if i have an array of beams in family... once enscape starts to render it will treat every beam as a single object and only renders when it is seen.

So it doesn't render the whole family and all it's beams if only 1 beam is visible

You are having an connection with the chaos group.. and the cosmos engine is getting data from the cloud as well the same as enscape.
    Would be nice (since we have also an V-ray license) if those assets where also loaded into enscape.. (yes we have a good machine to render)

what are the plans of intergration, choas must have shown an interest in enscape for a reason

We are trying to push the bounderies of our VR exprerience.

I am creating a city scene with a lot of detail, where we can place our temporary structures in so we can quickly create renders animations and walktroughs.

already discussed this a bit in this tread:

separate objects or one big one

but does the culling also work when i have a family with a shared object.
    for example at the moment i am working on some train tracks. i place a beam every 500mm or so...
    In the family this beam is set to shared. So does Enscape render the complete track at once or does it only render the elements that are in the viewing area.

And how does this work with linked files.

But at the moment, the quest uses wifi as well to transfer the data from the PC to the goggles..
    So at that point it should be oke.. because with virtual desktop or air link, your only sending your movement and images over the wifi.

so i think the point is to see why frame rates are or would lake with the cloud-based GPU

With enscape we can make a web based walk through..

and load that through your browser.

the browser is then downloading the project.

Is there a way to let an .exe file or a web application run on the server or cloud based.. so you don't download it to your computer, but only get image and send the keyboard strokes back to the server for control.

if that is possible then maybe we can also, use it with the Quest 2. Link into the cloud server and see the project.
    that way you don't have to bring a laptop to the client to show them VR and when the client has his own VR goggles they can use it too in an easy way.

Does anyone see a possibility how to run the walk through on a server without downloading.

We have bought the quest 2 for our VR experience and it is amazing (with DLSS turned off).

For an even more immersed experience, i want to use the sound source elements.

When using the SSE (sound source elements), and i enable them in the settings.
    The sounds are played on the laptop running Enscape,.. but they are not pushed to the headphones of the Quest.

Does anyone know how to solve this, because i really love the build in headphones of the quest.. you hear the sounds perfect but the surrounding does not hear much.

using virtual desktop streamer to push to the goggles

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

in this clip i explain how to use the dynamo script "site - take a seat"

i have added a type comment to the seating people assets and wrote a script that together with a dummy object can quickly fill your scene with seated people.

before releasing the files i will make one more adjustment.. adding adjustment with a value to compensate for the different inserting points of the assets (see clip), i hope enscape will fix this soon.
    (The same for the chair that is in the clip.. why is this one come into the project under 90 degrees.)

please let me know what you think and if there are more things we should add.

it would be nice if all the assets would have a same insert point.. with sitting people the main point is where your knees bend because that is the edge of the seat.. in this image all the people are placed at the same point.. but some disappear into your seating.. would be nice if all the assets had the same insert point.. so you could swap them without having to check if they are still correct.